Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

3.5

on 11/24/2017 2:17:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I have combination and rosacea-prone skin that needs a lot of coverage and my skin tends to get so oily throughout the day. This foundation gives me the right amount of coverage needed to cover up the blemishes on my cheeks and the redness around my nose. I've tried so many foundations, drugstore to high-end and most of them just end up clinging on my dry patches and give me that cake-face look at the end of the day, especially on my forehead and nose, but this one never does that. It goes on so smoothly with or without a primer. One thing that amazes me the most is that this foundation NEVER creases even after 16-hour of wear. The longer it stays on my face, the more it looks natural.

Cons are:
- The packaging. How I wish they came with a pump!!
- If you have oily skin, I suggest you put a really mattifying primer underneath and set it with mattifying translucent powder (I use RCMA or Coty Airspun), bcs this one does get oily real quick.

on 11/19/2017 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I tried this foundation a couple years ago and my skin did not react well to it. My hormones were going crazy then so I decided to retry it this summer and it works great! It looks beautiful on my oily skin for most of the day and I can extend the wear by blotting and retouching where needed (nose, chin, forehead). I do not have a lot to cover so it's medium finish works great for me. It looks like my skin, but better.

I am a late bloomer when it comes to this foundation. I have purposely ignored it for so long because in a way I am a foundation snob and I have quite a bit in my collection. However, I am impressed with the way this foundation held up on my oily combination skin.

A bit of background, I suffer from old acne scars (pit scars, box scars etch) and I try my best to minimize their appearance by using primers. In this case, I used a combo of Hourglass Mineral Veil and L'Oreal Magic Base (dupe for timeless primer from Tarte) on the center of my face.

Application: The blendability of this foundation is amazing. It blended right away with my beauty sponge.

Shade: I wear shade 120 Classic Ivory. For reference, I am MAC NC 25 (Light Medium with Golden/Olive Undertones).

Coverage: Light to Medium Coverage. If you have any active acne or intense redness on your skin, you will need a concealer.

Longevity: I am using this during the winter time so the weather will help to sustain the longevity of it.

Price: So darn cheap!

Packaging: No pump ugh!

Overall, a decent foundation and could rival my HG Revlon Colorstay. If you are looking for a decent, affordable foundation this is a must try.

I hope this helps!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My excuse for always buying high end foundation was because drugstore brands never could give me what I wanted: full coverage, long lasting, and matches my very light neutral skin tone. That being said I do keep a bottle of whatever is on sale from the drugstore for those days where you're only running errands for an hour or two and don't want to waste your Estee Lauder. I continue to be impressed with Fit Me because it has medium-high coverage, very spreadable and I find it doesn't take much to cover my face and it actually stays on the WHOLE day. I start work at 5am which means I'm putting my makeup on at 3:30 and when I take it off at 7pm it still looks good. No patchiness, no fading, and no melting so I'm making this my go to foundation. My wallet is rejoicing that I'm going from $50 foundation to $5.

The only things I've noticed that aren't much of an issue to me, but could be for other people are :

1) Do not buy this if you have even the slightest dry skin. I almost never do but the super rare times I have a couple of dry patches this foundation clings to it and it looks horrible.

2) This oxidizes. The lightest shade porcelain/110 almost looks too light when I initially put it on (which is an accomplishment in it of itself since I'm so pale) but an hour or two later it looks like I have a slight tan. It doesn't look too unnatural on me so I personally don't mind and lord knows I need the color to look alive

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The hype is REAL with this one. I hadn't bought it since I was afraid it was kind of overhyped, and had resorted to L'Oreal's Infallible Pro Matte foundation and found this one to be so close in quality! The only thing that keeps this foundation in second place for me is its packaging... Having to decanter the product out is a recipe for disaster, especially when you're as clumsy as I am. Nevertheless, it has really good medium-to-full coverage and lasts a whole work day. I live in the tropics so finding a foundation that won't be reduced to a bunch of pigmented patches on the face is KEY. I was really happy I hopped on the hype train for this one. I have very oily skin and don't even have to set it with powder. TL/DR; Meh packaging, FANTASTIC product!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This provides great coverage with just one layer. Another can be added for full coverage. I'm quite fair-skinned and found that there are many suitable shades in this range for someone with lighter skin. Deeper complexions may have more difficulty finding a shade match.This lasts all day without breaking down at all and keeps me matte despite my oily skin. Highly recommended and it's a great price to boot!

on 7/31/2017 1:33:00 AM

I'm a former makeup artist who worked for Clinique for 13 years. I would have not been caught dead shopping in a drug store for makeup or skincare till my financial circumstances drastically changed. But this foundation is amazing. Right up there with Estee Lauder's Double wear , which is what I swore by as a makeup artist. Nice color range, I go from very fair to medium in the summer. They have also recently added additional colors. I also love the powder. I plan to try the concealer as well

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This foundation is my current fave. It gives me a demi matte finish (i have semi dehydrated skin) and with two thin layes, i get a medium/full coverage with this. I love this and will definitely be repurchasing. The only con is the packaging. It doesnt have a pump.

on 7/23/2017 1:14:00 AM

I love this foundation. I have very pale skin and their lightest color matches me well. This foundation covers discoloration very well, looks natural when applied with a damp sponge, doesn't oxidize, and lasts all day. My combo skin works so well with this. It doesn't grab to my dry patches and it blends super well with my concealer (tarte shape tape). By the end of the day I wouldn't say it's very matte for me, but it looks very natural and kind of luminous while still covering discoloration, which I really love. I'm not saying it's for sure the BEST drugstore foundation because I haven't tried too many, but I do really like it.
I'll note that I really don't enjoy the packaging. I like pumps on foundation more. But for the price and the performance, I'll keep buying it anyway.

on 7/14/2017 8:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have oily skin and this is the only foundation that keeps it under control. I go a full day with this on and by the end of the night, I'm not looking like an oil slick. Very nice considering it's a "drugstore" makeup and good for the price! I don't have to use much so it lasts.