Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

3.6

on 4/26/2017 7:25:00 PM

This foundation is disgusting. Not only does it feel like you're smearing oil all over your face while applying it and bending it, but it almost makes you look oily af after only a couple of hours! Never tried a worse foundation than this one! Too bad, since 110 is my perfect match.

on 12/10/2016 3:56:00 PM

I purchased this due to the glowing reviews on YouTube. I had already tried the Fit Me stick and loved it, so I thought this would be a good product as well.

I don't like the bottle it comes in. I find the foundations in a screw top bottle are quite difficult to get out, but I can overlook that. I purchased this in "Ivory" and this was probably a little dark and orangey for my skintone. That was surprising enough, but the texture of the foundation was also quite surprising. This is not runny. It is probably the consistency of honey. I was expecting a 1cm diameter amount to blend out to light coverage, but it was more of a medium coverage. I am 50 years old and have good skin, but this was not flattering at all. It stuck to patches that I didn't even know I had and despite my best efforts with my Beauty Blender, I could not get a decent result with this. I would suggest that this is only going to work with very oily skin types. My skin type is normal/combination. As the day went on, it just looked worse and worse.

I don't know what went wrong with this The Fit Me stick has a powder core, but goes on really smooth. The Matte and Poreless foundation was all sorts of wrong on me. I guess I am in the minority because so many people love it. Wouldn't waste my money on it.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I had really high hopes for this foundation after all the hype from youtube, but it was a huge fail. I have pretty oily skin and I thought this foundation would help with that issue. The oil basically separated the foundation and didn't have good oil control. It also attaches to ANY dry patches on your face, which makes it impossible to wear for any skin type. Whenever I applied it, it washed out my face pretty badly and the shade range isn't good for fair people. I tried the dewy version in same shade name of the matte + poreless, and it was 2 DIFFERENT SHADES. The matte one was a nice fair shade and the dewy one was way more orange. I don't want to come across as really salty, but when a brand's shade name isn't the same color as another line in the brand, it's just really dumb.

on 11/19/2016 9:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Purchased this is 220, the warmest shade I could find which turned out to be way too dark so purchased 110 to balance it out. Disaster. Shading aside I don't like it. To me it's mega powdery in its finish not good coverage and a horror to blend. I'm not a fan of drugstore foundation I think they work best on younger skin types but in my age category show up every imperfection going. Maybe I should have given it more of a chance but I'm a bit fussy and trust my gut instincts and my gut said wash it off. I also got the infallible primer by L'Oréal and that broke me out. The only drugstore foundation I would want to try would be the cover girl range but being in the UK I can't get hold of it and am loathed to blind buy online. Sorry folks. Good if it works because it has some awesome reviews:(

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I bought this hoping it wouldn't be that matte. Believe me, it is extremely matte and powdery. The coverage was okay. I looked terrible wearing it; old and my skin was incredibly dry and flakey. The color match oxidized slightly. Do not use this unless you have oily skin and don't expect much from a foundation. The packaging is the worst...glass, heavy, and no pump. Save your money or return!

I have fair combo skin and bought both versions of this foundations, matte and poreless (110 porcelain) and dewy/hydrate (110 porcelain). The matte version on its own looks cracked and dry especially in my tzone, but the dewy version does the exact same drying thing and does not hydrate and does not give that glowy look at all. I have blended both together thinking I'd get the advertised poreless-ness and some glow but no, it is just too dry and does emphasise pores. It leaves a horrible texture to the skin and is very mask like.

For me, foundation is to even out skin and make you look model-esque and it needs to look like skin - you want people to think you just have incredible skin. This stuff doesn't fully blend into your skin and is super visible. I have experimented for weeks with different brushes, sponges, primers and moisturisers and it always ends up looking the same way cracked and cakey. So terrible to have spent money on these, especially when I bought both versions, and yes the dewy version of 110 is darker than the matte. I do not recommend these at all.

on 4/22/2016 12:07:00 PM

awful. made me break out in little whiteheads everywhere. i really wanted to like this product. this clung to my dry patches on my cheeks and emphasized my pores. very unhappy :(

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I bought this foundation recently to try out and I hate it. I bought this after hearing a lot of beauty gurus on YouTube raving about it. I have normal to dry skin and this stuff looks super cakey especially around my nose and I didn't even use a lot. Even mixing this with the dewy and smooth version makes it look cakey. The packaging sucks on this, you can't really control the amount that comes out of the bottle. I get that maybelline wants this to be the cheapest it can be but I rather pay a little bit more for a pump.

Pros:
- Good shade range.
- Affordable.
- Might be good for people with oily skin.

Cons:
- Packaging is bad.
- Not suitable for drier skin people.
- Cakey.
- You have to use a lot.

on 3/31/2016 11:17:00 AM

I love the Smooth and Dewy version, especially in the winter, so I thought I'd try the Matte & Poreless version for my oilier summers. It accentuates every dry patch and makes me look like I have sandpaper for a face. Not a good look.

Ironically, the Matte & Poreless powder is better than the original powder over the Smooth & Dewy foundation. Go figure.

How about a pump, Maybelline??

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was looking for a winter foundation to replace my usual Mac Pro Longwear, and saw so many great reviews of this product. I decided to scoop it up at Walmart when I saw it, since it was so cheap (less than $6) and found a shade that looked to have match my skin. I got home and tried it, and it looked pretty good after applied with a beauty blender. I used it the next few days and noticed towards the end of the day my face would look sort of pink and no longer matched my neck. Even some of the foundation that I dragged down my neck was now streaky and discolored. I was even more alarmed when I noticed I was getting bumps on my skin. To make matters worse, the bumps erupted into HORRIBLE acne all over my face. I never have breakouts, and no lie, the blemishes were everywhere. I have been using my clarisonic and tazorac cream every night and they are still coming out of the woodworks on my forehead, cheeks, everywhere. I would spot test this foundation if you can; it's been 2 weeks and my face has not improved after discontinuing use from 1 week.