Maybelline New York FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

Maybelline New York FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

3.5

on 9/19/2018 1:49:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This was my first foundation ever and I was really excited for it! I thought that the reasons why I didn't like this foundation was because it was my first one, but once I tried other ones... Well, then I knew.

This foundation is matte (duh), which is why I tried it in the first place (and it's cheap). Because I am combination skin and there are some oily parts on my face that need it, anyone would logically try this foundation. I think this is where the problem grows. Once I add moisturizer to the dryer parts of my face, it's like all my face is now all-normal. Having a matte foundation means it will be on the dryer side and I did my best to make my face all on the same level. I'm not a fan of having a shiny face, so I hoped that this would eliminate that aspect. The foundation IS matte, but poreless? This foundation pronounced every single imperfection on my face and made the acne I tried to hide, look worse. My pores often were pronounced. Spots where I moisturized had dry patches due to the matte finish (some parts looked normal, other had weird dry patches). You'd think, "Oh, what about her oily parts of her face?" I liked how it looked sometimes, other times it looked kind of cakey without putting a lot of product on. This foundation constantly felt like it was sitting on top of my face, making me feel so uncomfortable for a long time. I thought this was normal for foundations, until I tried other ones. And finally, it oxidizes. I have yellow under-tones but often, this foundation would steer into orange and it was obvious since I blend down to my neck. Because of the lack of pump, I'd use the back of my hand and it'd oxidizes there too!! There was sometimes a stark difference on my face. It'd be fine at home, but a mess when I was out. Speaking of blending, this product must be blended well because of the formula, it would look kinda ashy sometimes.

I will say that this product reacted well to other powder products, like blush. I do not think you would need powder for this, but I did not use powder to bake or set (since it was my first foundation and I was trying to figure stuff out). Especially with how this foundation finished for me, it's quite matte enough. This product does have a light scent, but it wasn't bad. Just normal foundation smell. It does not come with a pump, which is fine for me, and I would put some on the back of my hand. It was easy to put left-over product back in. The color wasn't the best either. For the price, I would definitely say "buy it" if you've been meaning to do so, and honestly, there is no way you will know how this will react on your skin unless you do. If you're adamant on it, do it. I was and I thought it'd work for me, it didn't.

I do not recommend this product.

on 8/14/2018 9:06:00 PM

This is the worst coverage I’ve EVER had in a foundation!!! I put it on and it looked like I hadn’t done a thing. WhT is the point of foundation when it looks like I took water and rubbed it on my face. Brutal.

I really wanted to like this foundation as I heard so many great reviews of it, but unfortunately I was really disappointed. It just doesn't last it all, the coverage is terrible and it wears off within an hour or so. Awful.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is absolute garbage. Coverage is terrible. Waste of time; literally tossed in the trash.

Unfortunately it didn't work for me. Made me oily after an hour

on 11/9/2017 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Emphasize pores and lines. Didn't keep my oily skin matte and separated almost immediately.

on 11/5/2017 11:06:00 PM

Made my skin absolutely disgusting. I didn’t even notice how mad my pores were until this product emphasized them so much. I have combination skin and sometimes it’s dry sometimes it’s more oily. I threw out the entire bottle cause there was no way I could even make it work

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

What a let down,it is so cheap and has good coverage but it oxidizes way too quickly.Plus i had tiny bumps all over my cheek area after using this foundation.

on 9/9/2017 4:34:00 PM

All I have to say is this: I was finally rid of my cystic acne (after years of fighting it) and this foundation brought it all back.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I bought 362 truffle and 368 and they BOTH had a grey undertone. I am so disappointed in this foundation because I heard so much about it. Check out my full review here

(YouTube: Mary LeMuse)