Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

3.5

on 3/1/2016 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Grey, Relaxed, Medium

TWO GRIPES about these reviews, omg.
GRIPE 1, So many reviews crying about how no pump means you waste product pouring it out of the bottle, I can't even believe people don't know how to use a foundation in a bottle. Wash your hands. Shake the bottle and then take the top off. Put your fingertip over the opening and turn the bottle upside down. Dot that amount of product on a section of your face and blend it with your clean fingers. Repeat as needed. That's all there is to it. No nasty wet foundation-covered brush to gather bacteria or beauty blender to wash, etc., just wash your hands when you're done.
GRIPE 2. Please stop saying that pink toned foundation is not good for anybody. You have no idea how hard it is to be a pink person and try to find foundation that matches. I am pink with blue undertones, and Ivory 115 is a perfect match. Some of us are actually pink. Maybelline is one of the only companies that makes foundations that match me.

And this one is a nice one. I have zero complaints. For the price, that's saying a lot.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

To be honest I think that this foundation blows any of my high end or drugstore foundations out the water. I brought this a week ago at Wal-Mart for almost 6 dollars. I couldn't believe how beautiful my skin looked once applied. I never liked the original fit me because it was too damn shiny like I just put red butter all over myself. That's another thing...this new fit me matte has a new shade for WOC. I got the shade 330 toffee carmel. It was a dead on match. I was lucky to even be able to buy it as it is sold out all of Houston. I had went to two Wal-Mart's by my house they were out so I went to a Wal-Mart near downtown in the heights and there was one left in my perfect shade. I guess it was meant to be. This is not a full coverage foundation. I'll say it's a slight medium if that makes sense. I really don't need full coverage though. If you want full coverage use concealer. I like the fact that it's not slotchy and goes on effortlessly because it's a thin consistency. This foundation is everything I wanted my loreal true match to be. ( long lasting, better coverage, better color match) it's awesome. I use my loreal crayon concealer stick with this foundation and i look flawless. I want to talk a little about the color I have. Now I'm a nc50 sometimes nw43 but no Mac shade is exact match for me. I have more yellow undertone then anything. 330 is a neutral slightly yellow undertone. Very faint yellow. 355 coconut is too red on me or orange sorry I can't remember it's been like one year since I brought and threw way the original fit me foundation. Also, I didn't notice any noticeable smells. Don't take my word for the smell part though because I have allergies. I know...who has allergies in the winter. Smh. It's cold here in Houston like 35 degrees cold for the past week so I can't attest for the foundation's stability in humid conditions. I can however vouch for this foundation holding up in rainy cold snotty conditions. It holds up pretty great. It does not come with a pump but I don't care. It a standard glass bottle so getting that last little bit out will be a pain. I apply this foundation with my elf powder brush. I get a pretty airbrush finish..I had orgininally brought the loreal pro matte foundation I didn't like it so I returned it and got the maybelline fit me matte. And I'm glad I did. Try it out....oh and my skin type is normal with a oily t zone. I had no problem with this foundation get oily around my nose. Take care ladies.

on 8/11/2015 4:16:00 PM

This is a poor man's version of Mac's studiofix foundation. Ivory 110 is almost a perfect match for NC15. The formula is very blendable so if you can't find your shade, you can mix two together.

The formula isn't as silky as I would like. The coverage can go from sheer (matte) to medium (but not full) coverage so it's ideal for day wear (lighting will help minimize imperfections) and it spreads rather well.

I always use a primer but I do remember the days before i discovered primer. And without primer, this formula will go on quite well BUT WILL CAKE/CRACK. Primer will extend its airbrushed quality to 5 hours (if you're lucky). Around 3-4 hours on a warm day, you need to blot (to control shine). If you use finishing powder, you may need to touch up around 4-5 hours.

You can use this foundation as a base then go over with a powder foundation. I found that amps the coverage up to a more full matte effect but doesn't approach the heavy 'painted on' flawless face.

Warming this foundation (place it in a warm bowl of water) will help the viscosity of the foundation and make it easier to apply).

DO NOT STIPPLE THIS FOUNDATION ON, use a brush, use a sponge (with patting movements) OR YOUR FINGERS EVEN but DO. NOT. STIPPLE.

It'll look good for the exact time it takes you to leave the house and get to your destination and then you will stop looking like an au naturale angel and learn the hard way not to stipple this foundation on.

A few trial and errors later you'll find the 'amount' you need to layer on to achieve a dewy glow. Sometimes it really is just a brush stroke to make the difference between gorgeous and "ugh what the hell, this sucks".

Oh, and you can blend sunscreen with this. Get a dallop and mix in the foundation to protect yourself in summer. Get some moisturize and mix the foundation in to prepare yourself for the icy wind in winter.

Like I said, it blends well and plays nice with other liquids. And depending on the temperature (and thus viscosity) of the liquid, you can incorporate a lot of moisturizer or sunscreen into the foundation, but the colour will be 'diluted' by the white creams (unless your sunscreen is tinted, and your moisturizer isn't white) so you can use your blended concoction, wait for it to semi-dry, then go over with the foundation.

The ingredients in this foundation is also pretty 'healthy'/non-toxic, up there with high-end makeup (which isn't always automatically good for you).

So price wise, formula wise, and effect wise, this is a good staple in your makeup kit and to use if you're having a bad ugh day, too self-conscious to go out without war paint but don't want to waste your 'good' foundation coz you're only going shopping for milk and tampons.

on 1/8/2015 6:19:00 PM

UPDATE: I found that the best way to wear this is to mix it with Cover FX drops. They complement each other so well. Dry-skinned might not be the most indicated for this, though. CFX drops Are a bit drying.

I detested the original Fit Me. It was like spreading olive oil on my skin. And had the same coverage. So I was skeptical when I saw the matte version. Well, surprise, surprise. It is runny, like the original (which is not a bad thing). But thank goodness, that's where the likeness ends.

This has light, light-to-medium coverage. It's easy to spread and blend (I had no problem with it drying too fast) and has a satiny finish. I am wearing it w/o powder and after an hour it's turning a bit glowy, which means I will dust a bit of powder when I go out (I just HATE the thought of looking greasy).

I'm not sure about the color range being too pink. I got this in Classic Ivory and it matches my light, yellow undertoned skin to perfection (one of the few foundations I own that does that).

I prefer full coverage fdts., but my skin has been behaving angelically, lately (crosses fingers), so I can do with light coverage.

I hope to goodness that it does not break me out because I'm pleased with this product.

on 10/15/2015 9:19:00 AM

I love this foundation with everything that I have--

I am the toughest critic for foundations
I am FAIR OLIVE
I have acne scars
I have big pores and skin textural issues
I have oily skin... But with random flaky dry patches at times..
I have sensitive/acne prone skin

Just honestly there is no foundation I can stay on good terms with.

I've tried them all. Armani, Chanel, NARS, everything Mac has, bobbi brown.

I officially broke up with the drugstore in like 2011 bc I was tired of either looking orange or looking like a geisha. You're either very very fair with pink undertones. Or you're "natural beige". That is the only shades they seem to recognize.

I was hyped for loreal true match way back. But alas none of those worked for me either.

I made my way over to MAC and bobbi brown where they understand that people have different skintones, and never looked back

This past year I went back to my old tried and true Mac sff. It's honestly the foundation I've reached for the most in 2015. But it doesn't sit well with my wintery skin-- it's a bit too drying and mattfying

I wanted to look matte, but I also wanted my lines and skin texture to look blurred and perfected... I also wanted to look poreless.

And via youtube I discover there is a new foundation-- aptly named "matte and poreless". For $6 I HAD to try it.

Keeps me matte ALL DAY. Like I don't do touch ups. So if my makeup starts looking like crap so be it. I look gawgeous until the time I was this off

Does NOT settle into lines, truly does blur pores. I had low expectations for its ability to do this being a ds foundation BUT this sets nicer on my skin than a lot of $50+ that I've tried.

I have a shade match... ?... Wuuuuuttt?!.. Shade 120 actually matches my fair olive skintone that boarders nc15/nc20

I can't believe how impressed I am with this. I conpletely love it to pieces. I reach for it literally every day. I don't even have an interest to reach for a different foundation.

I would pay triple the price of it came with a pump. That's my only gripe which is a huge one. It's very difficult to use sans pump, not to mention sort of gross.

EDIT!! 12/17/15
just want to say my love for this is still going strong!!

Usually as the weather goes from warm to dry and cold I need to rotate foundations and I am still in awe of this one!! I think I like it even more as a winter foundation!! I love how 120 actually matches my winter skin as nc15 is too fair for me and nc20 is too dark and yellow/orange this time of year. 120 is a tad too pink/beige, but if I take the time to blend it looks like a flawless match.

Also Mac SFF pump fits on the bottle so I've been able to pump and apply with a brush as that's what I'm comfortable with. I can't believe this is a $6 foundation-- I no longer need to pay $30-50 on foundation. So happy I found this!!!

on 8/2/2015 11:43:00 PM

I really like this foundation. I'm definitely a face makeup fanatic, so I try different foundations once or twice a month, in search of my HG. This one definitely hits the mark, as I've been using it for 3 months now, and have no intention of switching anytime soon.

I'm fairly picky about what I want in a foundation. I have combination skin that is very oily in the t-zone and dry and flaky everywhere else, and also very pale. I also have minor hyper pigmentation to cover as well as the occasional zit, so I want good coverage that lasts but looks good on dry skin and also comes in a variety of shades. Like I said, picky. But this foundation does it all! I'm currently using 112 Natural Ivory due to a very light natural summer tan, but I can tell it's fading and I will soon need to go a shade lighter. I apply it will a stippling motion using my studio techniques blending brush to get full coverage (on it's own, it's about medium-high medium coverage). The finish is semi-matte, with a light dewiness that is just perfect for combination skin types! It sets nicely, and looks very smooth on the skin, and very natural; this is definitely an excellent everyday foundation. I set it with my Rimmel Stay Matte Powder and then spray with a setting spray and it looks wonderful throughout the day. It gets shiny in the t-zone, but not in an obnoxious way! This is the best thing about this foundation for me- it somehow embraces oily skin instead of fighting it, only letting a natural amount shine through, then controlling the rest- something I've never encountered in a foundation before.

The only reason this foundation is getting 4 lippies out of 5 is due to the packaging. C'mob Maybelline! You know we want pumps! I do have good news to others who own the Covergirl Outlast Foundation though- you can unscrew the pump on there and throw it on your Maybelline Fit Me!

on 1/20/2015 11:34:00 PM

I gave into the hype and all the stellar reviews for this product on YouTube and I had tried the original Maybelline fit me foundation with pretty good success so I thought why not give this little guy a try. My skin type is normal to combination and I am quite fair but I went with shade #120 sorry in advance for the long review I am quite the thorough reviewer :)

Price: The price for this product is really reasonable. I live in Canada where drugstore makeup is a little more expensive than in the US but I purchased is for only $6.00 considering some other foundations in the drugstore (yeah i'm looking at you Revlon) can run you over $20 an ounce.

Packaging: okay well you get what you pay for... I know people complain about some drugstore foundations not having a pump but my thought is I would rather them put the money towards product vs packaging. Other than the lack of a pump though the product packaging is really nice. Its the standard Maybelline Fit me foundation packing with the glass bottle and the sleek black lid. Its very well built.

Scent: I don't notice this product to have much of a smell. It kind of just smells like makeup

Colouring/ Shading: Maybelline always offers a great selection of colours for their products, although it more suits lighter skinned girls like myself then darker skintones which is not ideal. Maybelline used to offer more shades but since they have so many products and a limited amount of space they had to reduce how many products they could fit on the shelf and sadly chose to reduce the colour selection. They don run too pink or neutral though which is great.

Application: this product applies very nicely but dries quickly so its not a foundation that you can really dot on your face all over and then blend. You kind of have to apply as you go if that makes any sense. It has medium coverage in my opinion but not as much as I would like personally. I am a girl though who wears DermaBlend though on the regular.The fact that it dries super fast though is nice for oily skin as it will probably dry up any excess oils. Being normal though it also didn't dry me out which is pretty rare for a mattifying product.

Longevity: this surprisingly lasts all day and I think it lasts longer than the original. I didn't need to powder at all during the day and I stayed pretty matte for the most part. I also didnt notice any dry patches which is great.

Overall: This product is great for anyone who is looking for a mattfying medium coverage foundation and I would strongly suggest it to anyone who is looking for a high end product at a low end price

I hope this review was helpful. If you have any questions or comments give me a message. and if you did find this helpful please rate my review as a helpful review. Have a great day and happy reviewing :)

My skin:
I have combination skin. My t-zone and cheeks are oily. My chin and cupid's bow (above the lip) tend to be a bit dry. The rest is normal. The pores on my cheeks are like orange rinds. Yet for some odd reason most liquid, cream, whipped, and mousse foundations react to my skin as if it's dry. Aka cake city. Very frustrating because I exfoliate once a week and moisturize like crazy.

My skin is a hair lighter than NC20. I have olive undertones and tend to pick yellow foundations because they neutralize the pink in my face (while my body is olive).

The foundation:
Pink. Holy cow is this pink. I first bought it in 120 Classic Ivory and oh many was this stuff bright pink on me. I went back in and bought 112 Natural Ivory which is better. It still leans pink but not nearly as bad as 120. I'd say 110 Porcelain is a good match for those who are a NC15. I was sad that was too light as oddly enough the undertones for 110 wasn't pink. Kind of frustrating and I'd wish that Maybelline would take on what L'Oreal has done for the True Match. Yellow and olive skin needs love too drugstore brands!

As for coverage I'd say this is a pretty good medium. I'm not quite sure I'd say full. Redness around my nose peeked through and I had to conceal that. But the redness of my cheeks were gone. I had to use a concealer to hide a pimple. The orange rind skin on my cheeks were pretty blurred more so than most products. The only thing that has hid my pores more is the L'Oreal Paris Magic Perfecting Base but that causes pimples. I'm not sure if this will give me acne but I update my reviews in time.

This product has a very natural finish that leans satin but isn't matte. I didn't buy the powder unfortunately (wish I did but I'm broke). I haven't been able to test the durability and how long this foundation lasts on my skin. Wearing it at home showed I got a little oily and might need to powder. So you might need the powder with this if you're extremely oily.

This product barely caked on me compared to other liquid foundations. Again I haven't fully tested it out. For those sensitive to smells, this does have a scent to it FYI.

Over all I like it so far. Wearing it for the next week or so will truly put it to the test to see if I love it as much as my initial test.

on 4/20/2015 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is everythiing that NARS ADLW claims to be, but is not! Overall, this is an excellent foundation for normal to oily people looking for a smooth, medium coverage matte finish. I bought this after Revlon PhotoReady changed to the Airbrushed version, and both their colors and the formula no longer worked for me. I tried and still use Revlon CS for oily/combo skin, which gives great coverage and long wear, but had some color matching problems. So I tried this, and am so happy with it. I solved the Revlon CS color problem w/ some creative mixing (see my review), but this Fit Me worked so well I will continue to use it for summer and when I don't need as much coverage as the CS:

Color Match: Excellent. The best match for me, 128 Warm Nude, was just about yellow enough but a little too dark for me in winter. With just a little outdoor time it's perfect. For reference, the best color match I ever had was NARS ADLW Fiji. This comes in a better range of colors and better matches for yellow-toned people than Revlon, whose colors were all too pink or too gray on me.

Finish: Matte. Turns Satin Matte as the day wears on.

Coverage: Medium. Significantly less than Revlon CS, a little more than Revlon Age Defying, more than Neutrogena Healthy Skin and Blemish Clearing, more than Clinique Even Better. Significantly more than NARS ADLW. I have lots of issues to cover, and it almost covered them all. What it didn't cover, I used a some EL DW Max Cover in those spots and I was good to go. However, I have tried just slapping this on very thick, and not only does it not cake, it dries perfectly and w/ full coverage. Can't do that around mouth, but it works in some areas.

Wear: Not as long as the CS, but it lasted a good 7-8 hrs on my super oily face. Of course I had to blot, but I've never had a mu that did not need to be blotted. Comes off a little more than CS, but stays on a lot better than the NARS, which wears off and blots off in goofy patches.

Pore smoothing claims: A+. This stuff does what NARS ADLW claims to do but does not. It is very light, feels like nothing on, looks like skin, and actually does seem to smooth out somewhat the nasty texture I got from a bad IPL (crepiness, huge pore holes, dehydrated appearance, etc. - see my review on that disaster). The pore smoothing effect seems to wear off towards the end of the day, but I'll take what improvement I can get. NARS ADLW, in contrast, made my texture and dryness look much worse! This seems to smooth things right over. It did not catch and collect on every flake and line like the NARS.

Fragrance: None that I could tell. There is a fair amount of alcohol in this formula, though, (5th ing), so some may detect a faint alcohol smell.

Irritation/Breakout potential: None for me.

Application: Super easy, not hard to make this stuff look good at all. I used no primer, just PC Hydralight physical ss. I used fingers only, and it was hard to make this look bad. It just seems to blend effortlessly. I even tried caking it on in some spots, and it was hard to make it look cakey, even when caking it on! A world of difference from the endless fussing trying to make the NARS look good.

Best for: Normal to oily skin. I can see how this would be too drying for dry skin. I have super oily skin, however, I do have that oily-but-weirdly-dehydrated look from my bad IPL. I thought the alcohol would irritate my skin or at least make it look more shriveled. It didn't at all.

Nice! Way better performance than the NARS ADLW at a fraction of the price.

on 7/31/2017 1:33:00 AM

I'm a former makeup artist who worked for Clinique for 13 years. I would have not been caught dead shopping in a drug store for makeup or skincare till my financial circumstances drastically changed. But this foundation is amazing. Right up there with Estee Lauder's Double wear , which is what I swore by as a makeup artist. Nice color range, I go from very fair to medium in the summer. They have also recently added additional colors. I also love the powder. I plan to try the concealer as well