Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

3.5

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I picked up this foundation a few days ago. Being an oily skinned girl, the word "matte" caught my eye and the price was good ($5.99 at my Target); being without foundation I got it. The first time I used it, I applied it with my fingers and without primer...to put it to the test. I was surprised that it did make my pores appear smaller while wearing and that it kept me reasonably matte (I say reasonably because nothing has kept me completely matte) during the day. I did not set it with a powder either. I would apply it to small areas of the face and blend because this sets pretty fast instead of dotting around the face first. Also, I was pleased to discover that the shade "Porcelain" (lightest shade) was a close match to my skin...only a tiny bit darker but not noticeable. It's nice not to have to add in white foundation before I can put something on for once.

***Update*** I
I've discovered that the only way that I can wear this foundation is if I apply it with my fingers. I don't know if it's the foundation or my skin, but application with brushes (tried with elf's Powder brush, Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, & Sonia Kashuk's flat top multipurpose brush) or sponges (regular wedge shaped and beauty blender) is produces an odd texture on my face. I have very oily skin, but this product manages to look patchy and flaky on me with all of those applications. So fingers over a moisturizer, sunscreen or primer it is for this lady. Due that, I've adjusted my previous ratings.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I just picked this up a couple days ago at CVS for $8-9. So I have been wearing this foundation for two days now. I am currently located in SoCal so the weather is about in the 60s-70s. It's not too hot or anything. I have EXTREMELY oily skin, so I really wanted to try this. This does not keep me matte for more than a couple hours, although I am not an oil slick, it gives me a dewy finish, which some girls might like. However, after 6-8 hours, I look pretty shiny. I feel like the shinyness can be combated with a powder or just plain blotting. The foundation does stay on for a while without transferring. I like the consistency of the foundation and how light weight it is. I also like how yellow-toned it is. I am NC25 in MAC and I picked up Classic Ivory. I will update more later..

Edit: Okay so I have been wearing for more than a few days and I would not recommend this for extremely oily skinned girls who cannot blot at least every 2 hours. I've noticed today that after 4-5 hours, I was really SHINY. And the weather is about in the 60-70s. Overall, I like everything but the oil control.

Very natural looking foundation and I like the shades not having pink undertones. I bought the lightest shade number 110 and was surprised find it was a little bit pale for me I might try number 112. I used the matching powder that came with this. To apply, I used my bare minerals liquid foundation brush. This foundation sets fairly quickly so I recommend doing each part of your face one step at a time. It has been 4 hours since application and I am very pleased. Starts out matte but then fades to a dewy finish. I have quite oily skin so I am happy with this foundation.
Honestly the only reason I didn't give it five lippies is because I try to reserve 5 for absolute HG products and I haven't been using it long enough to know yet.

*update: it's just ok. Makes my skin look too white and cakes, maybe it's the shade but.. Not an HG. But still a decent choice if u can find a shade match.

My skin:
I have combination skin. My t-zone and cheeks are oily. My chin and cupid's bow (above the lip) tend to be a bit dry. The rest is normal. The pores on my cheeks are like orange rinds. Yet for some odd reason most liquid, cream, whipped, and mousse foundations react to my skin as if it's dry. Aka cake city. Very frustrating because I exfoliate once a week and moisturize like crazy.

My skin is a hair lighter than NC20. I have olive undertones and tend to pick yellow foundations because they neutralize the pink in my face (while my body is olive).

The foundation:
Pink. Holy cow is this pink. I first bought it in 120 Classic Ivory and oh many was this stuff bright pink on me. I went back in and bought 112 Natural Ivory which is better. It still leans pink but not nearly as bad as 120. I'd say 110 Porcelain is a good match for those who are a NC15. I was sad that was too light as oddly enough the undertones for 110 wasn't pink. Kind of frustrating and I'd wish that Maybelline would take on what L'Oreal has done for the True Match. Yellow and olive skin needs love too drugstore brands!

As for coverage I'd say this is a pretty good medium. I'm not quite sure I'd say full. Redness around my nose peeked through and I had to conceal that. But the redness of my cheeks were gone. I had to use a concealer to hide a pimple. The orange rind skin on my cheeks were pretty blurred more so than most products. The only thing that has hid my pores more is the L'Oreal Paris Magic Perfecting Base but that causes pimples. I'm not sure if this will give me acne but I update my reviews in time.

This product has a very natural finish that leans satin but isn't matte. I didn't buy the powder unfortunately (wish I did but I'm broke). I haven't been able to test the durability and how long this foundation lasts on my skin. Wearing it at home showed I got a little oily and might need to powder. So you might need the powder with this if you're extremely oily.

This product barely caked on me compared to other liquid foundations. Again I haven't fully tested it out. For those sensitive to smells, this does have a scent to it FYI.

Over all I like it so far. Wearing it for the next week or so will truly put it to the test to see if I love it as much as my initial test.

on 12/30/2014 3:18:00 PM

I was using the regular formula which work for me but as I have oily skin I wanted to try this one. It applies just like the reg formula but the oil control didn't quite live up to the name. I had to blot at the same time I did for the other one. I also had to go up a colour since my colour didn't not come in the matte 220 vs 210. I will finish my reg formula and use this in the summer when my skin is tanner.

I have VERY dry, VERY sensitive skin and I tend to lean towards dewy/satin finish base makeup with sheer coverage; however, I was in the market for a matte foundation and I came across this in my local Shoppers Drug Mart on sale for $7, so I gave it a go. I'm really impressed! The coverage is fantastic without looking cakey, flakey or pastey. The finish is matte but not flat and I haven't had any issues with it settling into fine lines. Can't stand the packaging and I sincerely hope they eventually change the screw cap to a pump, but that alone would not deter me from purchasing this again. I didn't love the original Fit Me foundation, bit I think this one may be my new go-to for nights out or if I'm feeling like I need a little more coverage from time to time. At $7 you really can't go wrong.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I was thrilled to see Maybelline release a matte version of Fit Me. Unlike everyone else, who didn't like the original fit me formula, I did even though I had oily skin. There is just something about the Fit Me line I really like. So of course this one is no exception. I have yellow undertones, and I got 220 Natural Beige which is a shade or two darker than my skin but i blend it in well, and it "fits." It definitely is a cross between a matte & satin finish. It's very nice on my skin though I do use powder afterwards. It keeps me matte for a few hours until I do start getting shiny on my forehead. I can't wait to use more of this in the summer.

on 1/8/2015 6:19:00 PM

UPDATE: I found that the best way to wear this is to mix it with Cover FX drops. They complement each other so well. Dry-skinned might not be the most indicated for this, though. CFX drops Are a bit drying.

I detested the original Fit Me. It was like spreading olive oil on my skin. And had the same coverage. So I was skeptical when I saw the matte version. Well, surprise, surprise. It is runny, like the original (which is not a bad thing). But thank goodness, that's where the likeness ends.

This has light, light-to-medium coverage. It's easy to spread and blend (I had no problem with it drying too fast) and has a satiny finish. I am wearing it w/o powder and after an hour it's turning a bit glowy, which means I will dust a bit of powder when I go out (I just HATE the thought of looking greasy).

I'm not sure about the color range being too pink. I got this in Classic Ivory and it matches my light, yellow undertoned skin to perfection (one of the few foundations I own that does that).

I prefer full coverage fdts., but my skin has been behaving angelically, lately (crosses fingers), so I can do with light coverage.

I hope to goodness that it does not break me out because I'm pleased with this product.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

To be honest I think that this foundation blows any of my high end or drugstore foundations out the water. I brought this a week ago at Wal-Mart for almost 6 dollars. I couldn't believe how beautiful my skin looked once applied. I never liked the original fit me because it was too damn shiny like I just put red butter all over myself. That's another thing...this new fit me matte has a new shade for WOC. I got the shade 330 toffee carmel. It was a dead on match. I was lucky to even be able to buy it as it is sold out all of Houston. I had went to two Wal-Mart's by my house they were out so I went to a Wal-Mart near downtown in the heights and there was one left in my perfect shade. I guess it was meant to be. This is not a full coverage foundation. I'll say it's a slight medium if that makes sense. I really don't need full coverage though. If you want full coverage use concealer. I like the fact that it's not slotchy and goes on effortlessly because it's a thin consistency. This foundation is everything I wanted my loreal true match to be. ( long lasting, better coverage, better color match) it's awesome. I use my loreal crayon concealer stick with this foundation and i look flawless. I want to talk a little about the color I have. Now I'm a nc50 sometimes nw43 but no Mac shade is exact match for me. I have more yellow undertone then anything. 330 is a neutral slightly yellow undertone. Very faint yellow. 355 coconut is too red on me or orange sorry I can't remember it's been like one year since I brought and threw way the original fit me foundation. Also, I didn't notice any noticeable smells. Don't take my word for the smell part though because I have allergies. I know...who has allergies in the winter. Smh. It's cold here in Houston like 35 degrees cold for the past week so I can't attest for the foundation's stability in humid conditions. I can however vouch for this foundation holding up in rainy cold snotty conditions. It holds up pretty great. It does not come with a pump but I don't care. It a standard glass bottle so getting that last little bit out will be a pain. I apply this foundation with my elf powder brush. I get a pretty airbrush finish..I had orgininally brought the loreal pro matte foundation I didn't like it so I returned it and got the maybelline fit me matte. And I'm glad I did. Try it out....oh and my skin type is normal with a oily t zone. I had no problem with this foundation get oily around my nose. Take care ladies.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Honestly this is the only drugstore foundation that fits my complexion to an exact 'T'(Color is 355 Coconut). FYI my colors in other foundations are: Mac- NW44/NC50, Estee Lauder- Sandlewood, Clinque stay matte- Spice.
Con: No pump
Pro: Price point.
I 💜 that Maybelline decided to come out with a matte version of the original, its awesome and I receive lots of complements when I wear this foundation.