Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

3.5

on 12/12/2017 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This looks like straight up paint on my face and emphasizes fine lines and wrinkles that I didn’t even know I had. I’m 24 and this foundation makes me look ten years older. However they have an awesome shade range and it is affordable. If you have super soft baby skin and no problem with dryness or pores this might work for you.

on 12/10/2017 11:08:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This foundation is not pore-less whatsoever, in fact it exaggerates my pores. It looks dry and doesn't keep back the oils on my skin, it was also rather difficult to blend for some reason, even though it is quite runny, it seemed to grab and collect in places especially on my lower cheeks. I find that the lightest shade (the one I use) oxidises into an almost orangey-pinky tone. Overall I would not personally recommend this.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Negatives:
I do not recommend this product if you have oily skin. It made my face very shiny, didn't dry matte nor hide my pores (hence the name of this product) and also caked up around my nose, chin and forehead. I also wish that there was a pump on the bottle as trying to get some out was messy.
Positives:
I am a fan of the lightweight and medium coverage which looks nice for everyday wear. I'm pretty pale and so far this is the only drugstore foundation where the lightest shade doesn't look too dark and orange for my skin tone. My skin is also fairly acne-prone and this foundation didn't break me out.

on 11/24/2017 2:17:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I have combination and rosacea-prone skin that needs a lot of coverage and my skin tends to get so oily throughout the day. This foundation gives me the right amount of coverage needed to cover up the blemishes on my cheeks and the redness around my nose. I've tried so many foundations, drugstore to high-end and most of them just end up clinging on my dry patches and give me that cake-face look at the end of the day, especially on my forehead and nose, but this one never does that. It goes on so smoothly with or without a primer. One thing that amazes me the most is that this foundation NEVER creases even after 16-hour of wear. The longer it stays on my face, the more it looks natural.

Cons are:
- The packaging. How I wish they came with a pump!!
- If you have oily skin, I suggest you put a really mattifying primer underneath and set it with mattifying translucent powder (I use RCMA or Coty Airspun), bcs this one does get oily real quick.

on 11/22/2017 11:28:00 PM

I love it how it makes my face so flawless and poreless. Really loved it at first! But after wipe off the foundation on my face, I realize my forehead had few bumps popping out. At first, I thought it was probably my diet so I don't suspect it was from this foundation. Then I gave a second try of this and few pimples start to pop out around my forehead! I rarely get pimple before but every time when I apply this there's a red bumps or pimples pop out! 😫😫😫 Will never purchase this and I probably will throw it away.

on 11/22/2017 3:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

128 Warm Nude matched my light-medium, yellow NC20-NC25 skin fairly well. Starts off slightly pale, but oxidizes over the course of the day to match.

Its mattifying effect starts off too strong, making me look dull and flat; it clings to my every fine line and pore until about midday when my skin has produced enough oil to actually look natural and even kind of glowy. Unfortunately, by the end of a workday at the office, the foundation has started to visibly break up on my very oily skin. The sebaceous filaments on my nose seem to protrude more from my pores after wearing this foundation.

If I were willing to put in more effort to make this work, I would try a primer, finishing powder, setting spray, and/or blotting papers. For now, I’ll keep looking.

on 11/19/2017 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

First of all, this product does not come in my shade. I’m from Southeast Asia with light yellow undertone skin and I’ve tried about 5 different shades. The closest shade I found was classic ivory, but it was still too cool for my skin color. This was very disappointing because the product itself wasn’t that bad. It blends well, but it does get oily after a while. I tried this product out because of all the hype and it was pretty decent. However, I’m not a huge fan of the bottle because when I threw it out I felt there were still some product left inside. I would definitely buy this product again if it has my shade!

on 11/19/2017 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I tried this foundation a couple years ago and my skin did not react well to it. My hormones were going crazy then so I decided to retry it this summer and it works great! It looks beautiful on my oily skin for most of the day and I can extend the wear by blotting and retouching where needed (nose, chin, forehead). I do not have a lot to cover so it's medium finish works great for me. It looks like my skin, but better.

I am a late bloomer when it comes to this foundation. I have purposely ignored it for so long because in a way I am a foundation snob and I have quite a bit in my collection. However, I am impressed with the way this foundation held up on my oily combination skin.

A bit of background, I suffer from old acne scars (pit scars, box scars etch) and I try my best to minimize their appearance by using primers. In this case, I used a combo of Hourglass Mineral Veil and L'Oreal Magic Base (dupe for timeless primer from Tarte) on the center of my face.

Application: The blendability of this foundation is amazing. It blended right away with my beauty sponge.

Shade: I wear shade 120 Classic Ivory. For reference, I am MAC NC 25 (Light Medium with Golden/Olive Undertones).

Coverage: Light to Medium Coverage. If you have any active acne or intense redness on your skin, you will need a concealer.

Longevity: I am using this during the winter time so the weather will help to sustain the longevity of it.

Price: So darn cheap!

Packaging: No pump ugh!

Overall, a decent foundation and could rival my HG Revlon Colorstay. If you are looking for a decent, affordable foundation this is a must try.

I hope this helps!

on 11/12/2017 2:42:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I was really excited to try this foundation, given that it was reasonably priced (£7) and had a good colour range. I prefer medium to full coverage but this was more light to medium. After three layers applied with a beauty blender (on primed skin) I could still see pores/blemishes/scars. It did feel seamless on my skin, almost like I wasn't wearing anything. I have yellow undertones and a mix of olive and pale skinned thus I really struggled to find a match for my skin. I initially tried 110 & 115 but they were too pale, 120 however was too dark. After about 2 hours of wear, it started looking very patchy and a bit ashy, despite the fact I had set it with powder & spray. By 4 hours my skin looked cakey and started to feel oily. In the UK the packaging is in a plastic tube, it looks cheap and a bottle with a pump would be much better! Overall I was really disappointed in the product and wouldn't buy again!