Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

3.5

I was looking for an inexpensive foundation for summer as I've gotten some sun and my usual Revlon ColorStay was too light. I need solid medium to full coverage and am recently 50. Revlon works well for me, but I didn't feel like spending $10 or more for a shade I'll use for a few months. I've tried Matte & Poreless before and I wasn't wowed by it. I also had a bottle of Loreal Lumi around that worked shade wise, but it's not a favorite. It gets greasy and wears off quickly on me. My adult daughter came to visit and swim, and somehow we got onto makeup. She wears Lancome but mentioned this Maybelline was her budget foundation. My 16 year old daughter chimed in that she loves that one as well. So on a trip to Walmart I decided to try it again. My teen helped pick the shade, and she did a great job. For less than $6, I had nothing to lose.

I use my HG moisturizer, the Neutrogena Hydro Gel daily. I love that one. I've never had an HG moisturizer before, but I do now. I lamented that the Maybelline didn't have a pump. I poured out a bit, applied with a damp RT blender and loved the coverage. I topped with my Coty AirSpun translucent powder, PF Butter Bronzer and a Milani baked blush. Even in 95+° heat this foundation held up solidly. I have NYX Dewey setting spray, and I also have a DIY with witch hazel and aloe, I don't remember which one I used. It set nicely. I wore it to work today and it lasted for the six hours I was in. I didn't feel greasy or like it was sliding all over my face. I was amazed. The coverage was great and I used less than I did over the weekend, so this does build nicely. My skin literally drank this in. I didn't use a highlight today and it still looked good.

I'm not looking for matte, just good coverage that wears longer than my workday. This exceeded my expectations. I don't know if it's been reformulated since the last time I tried it, but I can see why this is a fan favorite. I haven't decided if I'll keep using after summer and I'm back to my normal tone and shade, but I can't think of a reason not to. It's less expensive than my Revlon, and so far my skin really likes it. It didn't sink noticeably into my lines and wrinkles. My larger pores looked amazing. Even in my car in harsh July sunlight it looked good. But it's also a savings of about $50 a year over my Revlon. It's worth it. I've had high end foundations that didn't perform this well. This really is a gem.

I have tried AOT foundations and I keep coming back to this one. I wear shade 110. I am always the lightest foundation color it seems and this one is light enough for me. I don't find that it oxidizes. I have terrible and I do mean terrible skin. This one doesn't make me break out, doesn't break up on my chin or around my nose, and covers my redness. The only thing I wish is that it looked more like real skin and possibly offered a bit more coverage. But I think those two things aren't even things I have found with high end foundations! This one is great, especially for the price!

on 7/9/2018 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have mine in the shade 228 soft tan. I have neutral undertone, olive skin. Altho 228 appear too yellow on me at first, after it oxidized, it matches me just fine. I was super happy to purchase just the right shade for me.

I really2 like this foundation. I have combination to oily skin. I have to say, altho it dries down matte, it's actually a semi-matte finish. It doesn't control oil as much as many thought it would be.

Tho, this really is a great foundation for oily skin.
I would usually apply rimmel stay matte primer beforehand and set it with rimmel stay matte powder/maybelline fit me pressed powder/coty airspun loose powder. And it stayed all day long.

This foundation is super easy to blend, gives your skin looking natural, medium coverage and not cakey whatsoever. It covers all the redness and evens out the skin tone.

You gotta try this with its fit me pressed powder. It goes really well together. The combo helps in reducing the visible of pores and keeps oil at bay much longer.
It dries matte fast but not immediately. So make sure you blend it all right after you apply to the face.

I can understand all the bad reviews this foundation is getting. Tho, it's not really this foundation's fault.

Here are few tips for you to overcome this foundation's cons:

- oxidize: choose 1-2 shades lighter. Swatch/test the foundation till it oxidized before you purchase.

- doesn't control oil: each and every foundation needed to be set with a good, mattifying powder. It doesn't matter if the foundation claims to be a matte finish. It still needed to be set with powder for it to stay all day long. Besides that, wear a good mattifying primer underneath the foundation.

- doesn't come with a pump: yeah, it is truly unfortunate. Tho if this bothers you so much, mac sells foundation pumps. I believe it will fit this foundation just fine.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I currently own the dewy + smooth finish, but a few years ago I'd buy this version on and off in between using my other foundations. (my shade is Porcelain 110) I have quite oily skin + I'm acne prone with some visible pores along the side of my nose/cheek area, so with this being formulated specifically for oily peeps, I was drawn really quick. Although I would purchase this again, and did really enjoy it, I'm haunted with how I used to apply it.. thinking back, it probably really affected the final look and wear of the product. At the time, I strongly stood by the concept that "more is more" and so that entailed me piling on this foundation, "blending" with my fingers, and despite it clearly being a matte finish that set well, I still felt the need to smack on heaps of pressed powder with the sponge applicator that would come with the compact...bad times.. doing so would leave a rather 'perfect' finish, until about 4 hours later when the product would crinkle up and emphasise any pore, line, flake that was on my skin. (I also wasn't very into skincare or moisturizing my face in general, so... go figure). Not the formulas fault, just be wise when it comes to applying your makeup lol, you'll figure out what works and what doesn't. Since that is my last experience of using this, I would definitely like to repurchase in the future and see how it looks and feels with proper technique, haha...

on 7/1/2018 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Best drugstore foundation ever. It beats my L'oreal Infallible pro-matte and also my Bodyshop Fresh Nude. Meanwhile, if I nab it on sale, it ends up costing me roughly 6$ CAD! I wear it in Sun Beige and it matches me perfectly; it blends great with my Tarte foundation brush but I think I prefer my beauty blender for giving me a flawless, even complexion. If I use my beauty blender, I can even skip out on a primer. My only complaint: I wish it came in a pump so it wouldn't be so darn messy. UPDATE: I have a love-hate relationship with this foundation. For the dirt-cheap price, it's excellent makeup and its efficiency surpasses that of much more expensive products. However it's not without flaws and I'll break it down with pros and cons to better explain my thoughts. PROS: Matte medium coverage, blends particularly well with a beauty blender for a natural look or a brush for more coverage (it does an amazing job at covering some of my undereye circles and I have worn this without concealer), inexpensive, great shade range (Sun Beige is my go-to), not overly scented  CONS: After 4-5 hours, this completely breaks apart on my T-Zone which is quite oily, so much so that you'd think I didn't even apply any makeup at all. It also fades a bit from my undereyes but not as much since the skin in that area is normal. This happens regardless of whether I set or even bake. The other con is the bottle. The no-pump situation makes for pouring out too much product which leads to messes on my vanity. Conclusion: Great foundation for the price but may be better-suited towards normal to drier skin. Someone with very dry skin could easily add a drop of oil to the mix and achieve a great look. I know Matte + Poreless is geared towards Normal to Oily but my treacherous t-zone is just too strong for it!

on 6/23/2018 10:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I think this foundation is a bit under-rated here on Makeup Alley! This is the best drugstore foundation I've tried (at least so far). I actually bought a bottle a year or so ago, but it was the wrong color so I never wore it and it lay forgotten in my makeup cabinet. For reference, I have very high-maintenance, sensitive, acne-prone skin. During the cold months my skin is oily/combo/dehydrated and tends to get dry patches. I'd been using MAC Studio Waterweight foundation over the winter. It's a light/medium coverage, serum foundation that has a beautiful finish, however it doesn't control oil and has a slightly dewey finish. During the warmer months, my skin is more oily than combo so I needed something a bit more mattifying - but not so matte that it gets cakey and highlights any flaky spots.

A few weeks ago, I asked a friend for a foundation recommendation for the summer. She suggested a few higher end brands, but said Maybelline's Fit Me Matte & Poreless was a good inexpensive option. I went back to the drugstore to find the right color. For reference, I have fair-light, neutral-cool toned skin: MAC NC15, Estee Lauder DW Ecru, Revlon Colorstay Buff, MUFE 115 Ivory. I found a near perfect match with Matte & Poreless 110 Porcelain. It's a very neutral shade, not too pink or yellow - an issue I've had with some of Maybelline's other foundations. Another plus is that it does not oxidize at all, at least not in my experience.

I've been using Real Techniques blender sponge (dry) for application, which works well. The coverage is buildable, one coat provides light coverage, two for medium. I usually go over my whole face with one coat, and then blend some extra on places I need more coverage (nose and chin). It dries to a nice, even finish that I would describe as "natural matte" and does not look cakey in the least. I've had some issues with mattifying products highlighting dry patches and causing the makeup to look cakey, but this isn't a problem with this makeup. For comparison, I found Revlon Colorstay to be cakier. Matte & Poreless does a pretty good job of covering pores, but I would definitely suggest wearing a primer underneath. I then use a very light dusting of setting and/or finishing powder (I use Kat Von D's setting powder; it's amazing) over this to further mattify the oily parts of my face, especially my t-zone and prolong the wear. Depending on heat/humidity, with this makeup I blot a couple times a day, so it does a pretty good job controlling oil.

As for the downsides: Wear time for me is about 6-8 hours, probably longer in the winter or if you have normal to dry skin, but in a very hot/humid climate with oily skin you will need to touch up after about 6. I don't mind this as I would rather re-apply than deal with the cakiness that comes with the super long lasting foundations (even EL DW can be a bit too cakey for me). The other downside is the bottle. I like the glass packaging, but why doesn't it have a pump?! It can be difficult to get the right amount out and I feel like I am wasting product. It gets messy and I have to wipe the bottle down afterwards.

Overall, I would recommend this foundation to anyone with combo to oily skin looking for a good foundation with oil control, a natural-matte finish and decent wear time.

on 6/21/2018 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

After years of failed attempts trying to find my shade......... I've finally found it!! Sun Beige 310.

I prefer a natural/satin finish. I don't have any extreme discoloration or acne or bumps or scars. I just have slight uneven skin tone & all I really want my foundation to do is to even it out & airbrush my skin.

I used this for 1-2 days in average, sunny California weather (70-80 F). It endured my average day around the house & around some stores. Love that I couldn't feel it on my skin & didn't have any acne breakouts.

Then, I brought it w/ me to the Philippines & Thailand where the weather is 90+ degrees Fahrenheit AND HUMID to see how it'd really last. I wore it for 5 different days. Surprisingly, it lasted VERY well for those conditions! I was expecting it to melt off or something! But well after 4+ hours in that weather & humidity I look shiny, obviously, but my skin still looked very airbrushed & even & satiny. I didn't notice any smile lines or any breaking up. Not bad, Maybelline!

However, I will say that if someone has pores or texture around or on their nose, or wherever, they should try using a smoothing primer. This foundation slightly accentuates it. I also decided not to separately buy their dewy version and instead add 1 drop of argan oil when it turns winter.

on 6/6/2018 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Looooooooooove this foundation, since a reside in a super hot climate and have combination skin that turns oily in the summer I can only use this foundation during spring, fall and winter. I am 355 coconut in spring. Cappuccino in fall and winter I use 355 powder underneath both foundations. A great friend had recommended this to me

on 5/29/2018 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is my perfect everyday foundation. Controls oil and sits well over my sunscreen. Not too full coverage or cakey. I would prefer a pump but I survive without it. I apply with a damp sponge and set with the Fit Me loose powder.

on 5/21/2018 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This foundation is great if I could find my match and not have to mix. But when it comes down to the job of oiliness, it helps a lot.
It stays matte for the remainder of the day.
NO PUMP!