Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

Filtered by age: 56 & Over
Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

3.7

on 7/31/2017 1:33:00 AM

I'm a former makeup artist who worked for Clinique for 13 years. I would have not been caught dead shopping in a drug store for makeup or skincare till my financial circumstances drastically changed. But this foundation is amazing. Right up there with Estee Lauder's Double wear , which is what I swore by as a makeup artist. Nice color range, I go from very fair to medium in the summer. They have also recently added additional colors. I also love the powder. I plan to try the concealer as well

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This foundation is pretty good in terms of finish and the way that it feels on the skin, but it does not last at all. My skin is combo, and no matter what primer or setting spray or powder I use, I can't get more than 6-ish hours of wear out of that. It applies nicely, and it is somewhat buildable without looking cakey (in spite of the matte finish.) In and of itself less-than-stellar wear time does not make for a bad product in my book, but there are foundations at similar price points that last and look good on the skin, which is why it loses a lippie from me. The palest shade is lovely for me, and Fit Me Matte & Poreless is one of the palest options at the drug store; I usually have to lighten just about any d/s foundation and this is one of the few exceptions. Due to the wear time as well as the fact that Maybelline is not cruelty free, I won't repurchase this foundation, but if you are on a budget and don't need your foundation to be long-wearing, then I do still recommend this.

on 2/5/2017 12:38:00 PM

Packaging is TERRIBLE. Maybelline this is 2017 but using this takes me back to 1978.
Having said that I do like tge foundation. Medium coverage, doesn't oxidize pretty long wearing with primer.

on 10/3/2016 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this strictly for the price ($4.99) at Target. I know I've read decent reviews and I wanted to try it but also replenish my cushion foundation from Lumi. So I tried this with fingers and a brush as well. Although the coverage is light to medium, the finish is powdery. If you have pores, then this just sinks in and makes them more apparent. Primer doesn't necessarily change this but I'll update if I hit on the best application. Also the color I wanted was out but I chose something close and it was fine.

on 9/13/2016 3:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I am at that age (older) and stage (drier) where I need to find just the right foundation to handle a number of skin issues. I was pleased with the Fit Foundation, but do not find that it lasted as long as I would like.

Coupled with some other products that I love (Peak 10), the foundation did a decent job. Of course I am always in the market for the homerun of older age/skin products.

Sandy

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I've been wearing this for a week and I'm impressed. This reminds me of long gone favorites like Lancome's Maquicomplete and Mary Kay's Day Wear foundation from my early twenties and thirties.

It's matte but not flat and does de-emphasize my pores. I bought it in 120 and it is perfect for my NC 20 face which may have a little more color right now because of summer even though I wear sunscreen daily.

It may not last 8 hours but I get a solid 6 from this on my n/d skin so maybe this is not the best on super oily skin.

It has not caused my rosacea to flare or caused breakouts. I cannot believe how great this looks on my skin: natural matte, very skin-like, light to medium coverage, light feeling, wears well, color is true. All for about $6.

The open bottletop does kind of blow but I transferred it to an airless pump from Amazon.

on 6/20/2016 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

In search of a matte, long-wearing foundation that matches my skin tone. I already use a variety of foundations, depending on whether I want to be paler or have higher spf or cover trouble. Best color match and best all-around work horse of a foundation = Clinique redness solutions. Whyyyy do I keep trying to improve perfection? In my mind, I imagine I can find something just like it but more mattifying. So, I'm trying the Maybelline FitMe matte & poreless. UPDATE: I returned it. Made my dry patches look even worse than they are, like the surface of a raisin.

PROS
Great color match (#112 natural ivory)
matte, dry finish

CONS
Sets quickly
emphasizes dry patches - looks better after spraying with Clinique moisture spray
No pump

Coverage is sheer but somewhat buildable.

I purchased this in the shade 222 True Beige which turned out one shade too dark for me. If this foundation is matt, then I must not know what "matt" means. It went on very smoothly and dried dewy and rather greasy. My pores are not large to start with so it also surprised me when tiny pores that usually don't show up on my face after applying a foundation, DID show up when I applied this one. Once this dried on my face, the appearance was okay, however it looked a little streaky on my forehead and left a whitish ring around my mouth. Needless to say I won't be repurchasing this one. I bought it at the price of just $9 at Rite-Aid but it's not even worth $1. I'll be sticking with my $3 foundation from Wet and Wild for now because it has this one beat in every way! (See my review on the Wet and Wild foundation!!)

on 3/1/2016 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Grey, Relaxed, Medium

TWO GRIPES about these reviews, omg.
GRIPE 1, So many reviews crying about how no pump means you waste product pouring it out of the bottle, I can't even believe people don't know how to use a foundation in a bottle. Wash your hands. Shake the bottle and then take the top off. Put your fingertip over the opening and turn the bottle upside down. Dot that amount of product on a section of your face and blend it with your clean fingers. Repeat as needed. That's all there is to it. No nasty wet foundation-covered brush to gather bacteria or beauty blender to wash, etc., just wash your hands when you're done.
GRIPE 2. Please stop saying that pink toned foundation is not good for anybody. You have no idea how hard it is to be a pink person and try to find foundation that matches. I am pink with blue undertones, and Ivory 115 is a perfect match. Some of us are actually pink. Maybelline is one of the only companies that makes foundations that match me.

And this one is a nice one. I have zero complaints. For the price, that's saying a lot.

on 6/15/2015 4:01:00 PM

This makeup is the worst I have ever tried. It looks mask like and the colors are unnatural.It is also very drying. I bought 2 colors in an attempt to mix a natural color but I really didn't have much luck.