Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

Filtered by age: 44-55
Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

3.3

on 11/19/2017 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I tried this foundation a couple years ago and my skin did not react well to it. My hormones were going crazy then so I decided to retry it this summer and it works great! It looks beautiful on my oily skin for most of the day and I can extend the wear by blotting and retouching where needed (nose, chin, forehead). I do not have a lot to cover so it's medium finish works great for me. It looks like my skin, but better.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Last night, I bought this in shade 370 which matched my skin perfectly and went on beautifully. I was like WOW! All this time I could've been saving money by using Maybelline instead of high-end brands. So I go on about my morning. Finish getting dressed. Put my shoes on etc etc. I go to look in the mirror to take the bobby pins out my hair, and my face is that horrid gray/greenish color. This happened with 15 minutes of application. I had to tweak it with some other brand of foundationto feel comfortable leaving the house. I will try it one more time but if the same happens, I'm done with it. Also, I did not put any powder on top that could've affected the foundation.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I'm 47 and have very fair skin, and decided to try this because I happened to find it in my shade. It's very difficult for me to find foundation in my shade at the drugstore, and when I do I pick it up. It comes in a lovely range of shades, so if you're difficult to match I definitely encourage you to give it a try. At the price (about $6 a bottle) you really can't go wrong.

First off, I absolutely detest the packaging. It comes in a glass bottle, which is fine, but it doesn't have a pump. I feel like I waste a lot of product, it makes a mess of the neck of the bottle, and it's just difficult to use.

This foundation gives a light to medium coverage. I have a lot of melasma, so it doesn't really work for me. It is somewhat buildable, but not enough to my satisfaction. I find that I can apply it successfully with a brush, a beauty blender or my fingers. I get better coverage with a brush. The damp sponge obviously sheers it out.

It wears fairly well, but at the end of a 13 hour day I can't definitely tell that it's wearing off. It doesn't seem to separate on my face, which is something I've had trouble with in the past with some other brands, even high end ones.

In any event, I think one should give this a try. YMMV, and at the price point you can't go wrong. Many people really love this foundation, and I think it works better for me than even Revlon ColorStay. Unfortunately I haven't found a ds foundation that provides the coverage that I need.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This foundation goes on nicely and sits on my skin okay. However as the day goes on, my skin gets oily in my t-zone. I bought it because I was out of town unexpectedly and found it at a Dollar General. I won't buy it again. I do not like the coverage. My large birthmark on my forehead was showing through in a couple of hours. It is matte for an hour or so, then not so much.

However, I do LOVE the Fit Me concealer!!!

on 4/24/2017 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I've been trying to make this work but after a few hours it really makes my skin look rough. I don't feel pretty in it. The texture it gives my skin is horrific. I switched to Clinique Beyond Perfecting foundation and my skin glowed throughout the day. The problem wasn't my skin but Maybelline M&P. I'm embarrassed people saw me like this for the week or so I wore it.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is my go to foundation at this point until I find something even better. For now, I love this. I have an African-American friend and she has a lot of problems finding her color. I think that's the only downfall that I found. More array of colors please. Other than that, for me, it works perfectly well. It lasts a long time. As for my pores, I suppose it helps a little bit. But when you're my age at 50, with reasonably well taken care skin, I don't know if anything can market themselves as pourless. The packaging is nice because it's glass, but of course you can't get all of it completely out of the bottle, plus it's a little messy when pouring out. Would rather have a squeeze tube.

on 3/3/2017 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I recently went back to liquid foundation after quite a few years of exclusive use of Physician's Formula Mineral Wear powder as foundation. I have also learned alot more about makeup and it's application over the years through Youtube. That said, I tried this foundation as the recommendation of someone on Youtube and have not been disappointed. My wants and needs include a matte finish that keeps the shine down through the day (T-zone) and doesn't break down, and without needing much powder.. This meets my wants and needs just fine and I will continue to use this. I would prefer the packaging being in a tube as the bottle is heavy to carry around and would be more germ free that way.. I do recommend this foundation for anyone with the same wants and needs as myself.

on 12/10/2016 3:56:00 PM

I purchased this due to the glowing reviews on YouTube. I had already tried the Fit Me stick and loved it, so I thought this would be a good product as well.

I don't like the bottle it comes in. I find the foundations in a screw top bottle are quite difficult to get out, but I can overlook that. I purchased this in "Ivory" and this was probably a little dark and orangey for my skintone. That was surprising enough, but the texture of the foundation was also quite surprising. This is not runny. It is probably the consistency of honey. I was expecting a 1cm diameter amount to blend out to light coverage, but it was more of a medium coverage. I am 50 years old and have good skin, but this was not flattering at all. It stuck to patches that I didn't even know I had and despite my best efforts with my Beauty Blender, I could not get a decent result with this. I would suggest that this is only going to work with very oily skin types. My skin type is normal/combination. As the day went on, it just looked worse and worse.

I don't know what went wrong with this The Fit Me stick has a powder core, but goes on really smooth. The Matte and Poreless foundation was all sorts of wrong on me. I guess I am in the minority because so many people love it. Wouldn't waste my money on it.

on 11/24/2016 2:18:00 AM

This stuff is great I have combination skin and this formula dries and leaves a velvety smoothe flawless finish it's great

on 11/19/2016 9:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Purchased this is 220, the warmest shade I could find which turned out to be way too dark so purchased 110 to balance it out. Disaster. Shading aside I don't like it. To me it's mega powdery in its finish not good coverage and a horror to blend. I'm not a fan of drugstore foundation I think they work best on younger skin types but in my age category show up every imperfection going. Maybe I should have given it more of a chance but I'm a bit fussy and trust my gut instincts and my gut said wash it off. I also got the infallible primer by L'Oréal and that broke me out. The only drugstore foundation I would want to try would be the cover girl range but being in the UK I can't get hold of it and am loathed to blind buy online. Sorry folks. Good if it works because it has some awesome reviews:(