Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

Filtered by age: 44-55
Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

3.4

I was looking for an inexpensive foundation for summer as I've gotten some sun and my usual Revlon ColorStay was too light. I need solid medium to full coverage and am recently 50. Revlon works well for me, but I didn't feel like spending $10 or more for a shade I'll use for a few months. I've tried Matte & Poreless before and I wasn't wowed by it. I also had a bottle of Loreal Lumi around that worked shade wise, but it's not a favorite. It gets greasy and wears off quickly on me. My adult daughter came to visit and swim, and somehow we got onto makeup. She wears Lancome but mentioned this Maybelline was her budget foundation. My 16 year old daughter chimed in that she loves that one as well. So on a trip to Walmart I decided to try it again. My teen helped pick the shade, and she did a great job. For less than $6, I had nothing to lose.

I use my HG moisturizer, the Neutrogena Hydro Gel daily. I love that one. I've never had an HG moisturizer before, but I do now. I lamented that the Maybelline didn't have a pump. I poured out a bit, applied with a damp RT blender and loved the coverage. I topped with my Coty AirSpun translucent powder, PF Butter Bronzer and a Milani baked blush. Even in 95+° heat this foundation held up solidly. I have NYX Dewey setting spray, and I also have a DIY with witch hazel and aloe, I don't remember which one I used. It set nicely. I wore it to work today and it lasted for the six hours I was in. I didn't feel greasy or like it was sliding all over my face. I was amazed. The coverage was great and I used less than I did over the weekend, so this does build nicely. My skin literally drank this in. I didn't use a highlight today and it still looked good.

I'm not looking for matte, just good coverage that wears longer than my workday. This exceeded my expectations. I don't know if it's been reformulated since the last time I tried it, but I can see why this is a fan favorite. I haven't decided if I'll keep using after summer and I'm back to my normal tone and shade, but I can't think of a reason not to. It's less expensive than my Revlon, and so far my skin really likes it. It didn't sink noticeably into my lines and wrinkles. My larger pores looked amazing. Even in my car in harsh July sunlight it looked good. But it's also a savings of about $50 a year over my Revlon. It's worth it. I've had high end foundations that didn't perform this well. This really is a gem.

on 4/18/2018 1:16:00 PM

Saw some good reviews and the price was right so thought I'd check it out. Tended to oxidize, slight orange tinge. Not particularly poreless and I was oily by noon. Will stick with my Revlon Colorstay.

I try lots of foundations!! Mostly high end ones because drugstore ones always disappoint. This one is the best drug store foundation I have ever tried! Has staying power, great coverage and build able. I love it more than Estee L DW! Has a nice finish and doesn't crease or cake! I have already bought another bottle which is something I have never done with a drugstore foundation! I find that it goes on best with a make up brush. Give it a try!

on 11/19/2017 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I tried this foundation a couple years ago and my skin did not react well to it. My hormones were going crazy then so I decided to retry it this summer and it works great! It looks beautiful on my oily skin for most of the day and I can extend the wear by blotting and retouching where needed (nose, chin, forehead). I do not have a lot to cover so it's medium finish works great for me. It looks like my skin, but better.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Last night, I bought this in shade 370 which matched my skin perfectly and went on beautifully. I was like WOW! All this time I could've been saving money by using Maybelline instead of high-end brands. So I go on about my morning. Finish getting dressed. Put my shoes on etc etc. I go to look in the mirror to take the bobby pins out my hair, and my face is that horrid gray/greenish color. This happened with 15 minutes of application. I had to tweak it with some other brand of foundationto feel comfortable leaving the house. I will try it one more time but if the same happens, I'm done with it. Also, I did not put any powder on top that could've affected the foundation.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I'm 47 and have very fair skin, and decided to try this because I happened to find it in my shade. It's very difficult for me to find foundation in my shade at the drugstore, and when I do I pick it up. It comes in a lovely range of shades, so if you're difficult to match I definitely encourage you to give it a try. At the price (about $6 a bottle) you really can't go wrong.

First off, I absolutely detest the packaging. It comes in a glass bottle, which is fine, but it doesn't have a pump. I feel like I waste a lot of product, it makes a mess of the neck of the bottle, and it's just difficult to use.

This foundation gives a light to medium coverage. I have a lot of melasma, so it doesn't really work for me. It is somewhat buildable, but not enough to my satisfaction. I find that I can apply it successfully with a brush, a beauty blender or my fingers. I get better coverage with a brush. The damp sponge obviously sheers it out.

It wears fairly well, but at the end of a 13 hour day I can't definitely tell that it's wearing off. It doesn't seem to separate on my face, which is something I've had trouble with in the past with some other brands, even high end ones.

In any event, I think one should give this a try. YMMV, and at the price point you can't go wrong. Many people really love this foundation, and I think it works better for me than even Revlon ColorStay. Unfortunately I haven't found a ds foundation that provides the coverage that I need.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This foundation goes on nicely and sits on my skin okay. However as the day goes on, my skin gets oily in my t-zone. I bought it because I was out of town unexpectedly and found it at a Dollar General. I won't buy it again. I do not like the coverage. My large birthmark on my forehead was showing through in a couple of hours. It is matte for an hour or so, then not so much.

However, I do LOVE the Fit Me concealer!!!

on 4/24/2017 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I've been trying to make this work but after a few hours it really makes my skin look rough. I don't feel pretty in it. The texture it gives my skin is horrific. I switched to Clinique Beyond Perfecting foundation and my skin glowed throughout the day. The problem wasn't my skin but Maybelline M&P. I'm embarrassed people saw me like this for the week or so I wore it.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is my go to foundation at this point until I find something even better. For now, I love this. I have an African-American friend and she has a lot of problems finding her color. I think that's the only downfall that I found. More array of colors please. Other than that, for me, it works perfectly well. It lasts a long time. As for my pores, I suppose it helps a little bit. But when you're my age at 50, with reasonably well taken care skin, I don't know if anything can market themselves as pourless. The packaging is nice because it's glass, but of course you can't get all of it completely out of the bottle, plus it's a little messy when pouring out. Would rather have a squeeze tube.

on 3/3/2017 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I recently went back to liquid foundation after quite a few years of exclusive use of Physician's Formula Mineral Wear powder as foundation. I have also learned alot more about makeup and it's application over the years through Youtube. That said, I tried this foundation as the recommendation of someone on Youtube and have not been disappointed. My wants and needs include a matte finish that keeps the shine down through the day (T-zone) and doesn't break down, and without needing much powder.. This meets my wants and needs just fine and I will continue to use this. I would prefer the packaging being in a tube as the bottle is heavy to carry around and would be more germ free that way.. I do recommend this foundation for anyone with the same wants and needs as myself.