Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

Filtered by age: 30-35
Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

3.4

on 7/1/2018 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Best drugstore foundation ever. It beats my L'oreal Infallible pro-matte and also my Bodyshop Fresh Nude. Meanwhile, if I nab it on sale, it ends up costing me roughly 6$ CAD! I wear it in Sun Beige and it matches me perfectly; it blends great with my Tarte foundation brush but I think I prefer my beauty blender for giving me a flawless, even complexion. If I use my beauty blender, I can even skip out on a primer. My only complaint: I wish it came in a pump so it wouldn't be so darn messy. UPDATE: I have a love-hate relationship with this foundation. For the dirt-cheap price, it's excellent makeup and its efficiency surpasses that of much more expensive products. However it's not without flaws and I'll break it down with pros and cons to better explain my thoughts. PROS: Matte medium coverage, blends particularly well with a beauty blender for a natural look or a brush for more coverage (it does an amazing job at covering some of my undereye circles and I have worn this without concealer), inexpensive, great shade range (Sun Beige is my go-to), not overly scented  CONS: After 4-5 hours, this completely breaks apart on my T-Zone which is quite oily, so much so that you'd think I didn't even apply any makeup at all. It also fades a bit from my undereyes but not as much since the skin in that area is normal. This happens regardless of whether I set or even bake. The other con is the bottle. The no-pump situation makes for pouring out too much product which leads to messes on my vanity. Conclusion: Great foundation for the price but may be better-suited towards normal to drier skin. Someone with very dry skin could easily add a drop of oil to the mix and achieve a great look. I know Matte + Poreless is geared towards Normal to Oily but my treacherous t-zone is just too strong for it!

on 6/6/2018 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Looooooooooove this foundation, since a reside in a super hot climate and have combination skin that turns oily in the summer I can only use this foundation during spring, fall and winter. I am 355 coconut in spring. Cappuccino in fall and winter I use 355 powder underneath both foundations. A great friend had recommended this to me

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I like the packaging. The colour range is fine for me as a mid-range white woman. I want to love this. I really do. It goes on so nicely, the colour I’ve got is the perfect match. But the staying power is terrible on me. By lunchtime my makeup has settled into my pores or separated, and any dry patches are accentuated. After a full day - in an air conditioned office, not doing anything strenuous - I look like I’ve been out all night. Shame because the price is excellent and when freshly applied it looks lovely and covers my redness well. But I won’t buy again because I need the staying power!

on 5/4/2018 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This foundation is my ID/passport photo foundation, as it is cheap and 228 Soft Tan matches my undertones. It is a bit *light*, but still tolerable with some "warmth" added on top.

This foundation is not too thick, not thin, and imparts a build-able, medium coverage. I find that I don't need to set this foundation, but it doesn't get too powdery on my dehydrated skin.

The best part: this foundation does *not* oxidize on my skin--it stays olive all day. I am a Fenty 290, MAC C40, and finding a foundation that nails my olive skin is a feat.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This for me is a reliable foundation. My skin can get oily, and while I wouldn't say this keeps me completely matte throughout the day, it isn't cakey and stays on reasonably well. I'd say it gives me a natural-matte finish which is fine for me, I actually prefer to not have a really matte makeup look. Coverage is medium that can be built up. I wouldn't wear this for more formal occasions but I like it for everyday.

on 11/22/2017 3:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

128 Warm Nude matched my light-medium, yellow NC20-NC25 skin fairly well. Starts off slightly pale, but oxidizes over the course of the day to match.

Its mattifying effect starts off too strong, making me look dull and flat; it clings to my every fine line and pore until about midday when my skin has produced enough oil to actually look natural and even kind of glowy. Unfortunately, by the end of a workday at the office, the foundation has started to visibly break up on my very oily skin. The sebaceous filaments on my nose seem to protrude more from my pores after wearing this foundation.

If I were willing to put in more effort to make this work, I would try a primer, finishing powder, setting spray, and/or blotting papers. For now, I’ll keep looking.

on 10/23/2017 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ugh. This was one of the last drugstore foundations for me to try with my super shiny/oily skin. I have melasma/discoloration mostly that needs evening out.

After buying 2 wrong shades (classic ivory - warm nude) that both oxidized too dark on me (I was able to test at home - middle of the day with natural daylight using a mirror by the window on my neck) - I had to go back and return those and buy 110 - Porcelain. Holy crap, I had no idea that I'd been buying too dark foundation! My face is naturally darker than my neck and with my melasma, using a matching foundation ended up making my face look much darker than my neck. I'd never, ever in my life think that a shade like Porcelain would work, but it did. It was a little light, but was the best match for my neck.

This didn't work for me. I tried applying with a damp sponge - nope. The foundation wouldn't even blend or budge. I went back to my ELF brush and it was fine. I found the foundation just sorta "sat" on top of my skin - to the point where if I took a baby wipe and wiped a mark off my face, it was like wiping powder off my face. Very odd. YET - after 3 hours - I was a GREASY MESS. Enough so that, when I blotted, I had to use TWO blotting sheets. For a foundation to only last 3 hours? No thank you. Matte and Poreless, not on my skin.

UGH.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

The good
Affordable sleek looking packaging, I found at Target for around $5.99.
There are a lot of shades to choose from. A little disappointed because I thought when the Fit Me line came out they were labeled warm, cool, neutral but maybe that was just L'oreal.
It was not heavy and or uncomfortable on the skin. It was buildable without looking cakey.
The bad
Nice bottle but no pump.
It was a little hard to find the best shade for me especially since there were no testers.
For my skin tone, I tried the shade Sun Beige.
The color blended so nicely when swatched on my chest, neck, and face but when I applied it all over it looked a bit off. My daughter thought it was just the slightest bit too light, my sons said it was perfect, and to me, it looked a little too yellow or maybe even a little olive.
I felt my chest and arms looked a lot pinker/red-toned compared to my face.(weird because so many beauty reps tell me I am warm or olive). It might match better in the fall and winter.
I can see where the "fit me" part comes in because I could technically make this shade work I just rather not.
The worst part is that it did not work for my oily skin.
After only an hour or two, my face was pretty shiny and it was not long before it turned into a complete greasy mess. I could blot or powder and that would refresh the makeup without looking cakey which was really nice but I would need to touch up nearly every hour after that.
Personally, I do not think this is a great foundation for someone with very oily skin or who is on the go and needs a formula that will last a good while before needing to touch up. Paired with the matching powder was a complete fail so I did not use them together but I did find a way to make it work, and that was using my Coty airspun powder and I would have to bake with it under the eyes and anywhere I tend to get really shiny. This really helped to control the shine longer. Even though this did prolong the wear for me, I rather just find a foundation that performs well from the beginning with my oily skin I will have to touch up once or twice already with a good foundation and I rather not touch up more than that.
I think it would work better for combination skin or normal skin who prefers a more matte satin type finish.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This provides great coverage with just one layer. Another can be added for full coverage. I'm quite fair-skinned and found that there are many suitable shades in this range for someone with lighter skin. Deeper complexions may have more difficulty finding a shade match.This lasts all day without breaking down at all and keeps me matte despite my oily skin. Highly recommended and it's a great price to boot!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have tried the Fit Me line in my younger days, and forgot about it because of the oily skin I developed, until I read a blog post on it awhile back. They listed it as one of the best foundations for oily skin with natural coverage. I gave it a shot a purchased shade 122 Creamy Beige. For $7, it wasn't bad. The bottle without a pump is such a pain in the ass and the manufacturer knows everyone hates it. Why continue doing it? The application was wonderful, covering much more than I expected but looking natural at the same time. I didn't apply powder, a no no for ladies with less than smooth skin. No fragrance, no redness or irritation. I have experienced breakouts from this foundation, every time I wear it. The matte stays about three hours or so, and then it takes on a dewy look all over, not just in your problem areas. Poreless isn't even close to correct. It doesn't settle into pores and wrinkles, but it doesn't camouflage them either. It goes on looking like foundation and wears into BB cream. I've only seen it oxidize on my face twice, but it has. I'm sorry but Fit Me hasn't changed much since it's launch and I will be heading back to the department store to look for my HG foundation once more.