Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

Filtered by age: 25-29
Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

3.4

on 2/12/2018 1:16:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

PACKAGING: glass bottle, NO PUMP
SHADE: #110, fair ivory color with yellow undertones, oxidizes darker and peachier
TEXTURE: liquidy but silicone-y, dries to a powdery finish, emphasizes dry patches and sinks into fine lines
COVERAGE: light, can be built to a low medium
STAYING POWER: lasts for 4-5 hours before it starts to break down

I used to try this prior to Accutane (when my skin was super oily) and like all other matte foundations I'd tried, it would break down much easier on me compared to satin ones. So now that my skin is more combination, I thought with some decent skin prep I could give it another go.

The thing is, whatever tools I use to apply it with - sponge, brush, fingers - it just never looks good and would always pick up on any dry patches I've managed to previously tame down with my moisturizers. Coverage is barely there (might be full for those with perfect skin but with severely blemished skin like mine, it's a no), oxidizes like crazy, and still breaks down and gets oily as easy as before.

I imagine that if you are willing to use a good primer that can prolong the wear time of this foundation, have normal skin with no texture, and don't like to use powder afterwards, you might like this. But why bother when there are so many better drugstore foundations out there that aren't as much of a hassle to use?

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Nothing matte or poreless about this if you actually have larger pores and are genuinely oily. Truly did not work for me and I am both of those things. It applied very sheer but felt heavy on my face. The price point can be rather high for something that works so badly and the packaging is not user friendly. It needs a pump desperately. Trying to use this is like using Heinz ketchup in a glass bottle.. frustrating and you don’t get the result you want.

on 2/4/2018 5:00:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Skin type is NC combination.

I keep coming back to this, even when I try other products. For combination skin, it stays for a full day on oily parts of the face and mattifies where I would usually be a greasy mess by the end of the day. It’s buildable too, which means I can use less on my cheeks where I have normal skin, and more in my t-zone.

Of course the huge range of shades is also helpful, and I tend to buy a couple and mix to get my exact neutral shade.

Still my go to foundation.

on 1/11/2018 8:16:00 AM

I’ll start out by saying it’s decent for the price. I’ve used this product for a while now and I go from loving to to hating it and back and forth again. However, I’ve been on an “its not working out” kick for about a year now. The coverage is light to medium. Which is fine at first. It looks beautiful at first. But it disappears on my skin. I’m not a super oily person but this makes me shiny. There is no touching it up for me. I have to wash he little that’s left and completely reapply. I’ve started mixing a little Tarte Rainforest Of The Sea with this and it seems to hold a lot better. Colors seems good though. I do generally go a shade lighter if I can so it doesn’t oxidize too dark.

It’s certainly not my favorite but for the price, it’s decent. It’s a good backup if I can’t find something else.

Not a bad foundation but probably better for oily skin because it really clings to dry patches of skin, particularly around my nose. I was somewhat able to mitigate this using moisturizer and Ulta primer, but not 100%. I'm a pale lady and drugstore foundations are frequently too dark, but in the lightest shade (110 Porcelain) this is great -- not too rosy or too yellow and does not oxidize into a darker shade. I'm willing to try this out with different primers because the shade is beautiful on my skin and the price is right.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

It did not do what it promised, I was already an oily mess after an hour or too and it looked cakey. Not great coverage either.

on 12/19/2017 12:36:00 PM

I sincerely wanted to love this because I am always on the look out for matte foundation that wont break the bank. First thing, I love that it is cheap. I love that I was able to find a color that matches my skin and even my undertone. Second, I like the way it blends out because I had no trouble whatsoever. Lastly, I didn't break out which is a plus in my book.

Going to the things I didn't like, the very first thing I noticed is that it oxidized. I was warned that it did but the degree of oxidation was just too much. I also like to typically have medium to full coverage so using the amount I did turned me orange. I literally had to wipe it off because I would rather go bare faced than suffer through that. I know that this can be corrected with concealers and stuff but I'm a medical student and I do not have time to fuss around with foundation longer than I have to. Another thing I hate is that I really felt like it did nothing for my pore and fine lines. I actually felt it was exaggerated and that you could see the texture in my face. And finally, I hate that this turned my face so oily that after having worn it for about 3 hours and after sitting in an air conditioned room for most of the time, it still looked terrible. I had about four soaked sheets and that is not cute after just three hours.

I gave this foundation several tries and still nothing. So I will be retiring this foundation and return to my loreal one.

on 11/11/2017 12:03:00 AM

I think this product is overhyped. The shade I got was a good color match and didn’t oxidize much. The coverage is decent, but it starts fading after a few hours and didn’t keep my skin matte for long, and I became oily. It also broke me out after 2 uses :(

on 11/8/2017 12:14:00 PM

Snagged one of these when it went on sale — I'm so glad I did. It's perfect for its price and I will definitely buy this again even if it's not on sale. I never thought my first review would be on a Maybelline product, but the value-for-money in this foundation really blew me away! This may very well be my new favourite drugstore foundation.

Coverage is light to medium only, so don't expect a lot. It feels light even though I put primer underneath it. It did not make me too oily considering that I have combination skin & I'm in a humid, tropical country.

The only complaint I have would be the packaging. I really wish it came with a pump, but it didn't.

Regardless, I would definitely buy this again!

on 11/8/2017 5:07:00 AM

I have mixed-oily skin. It looks great on my skin for 2-3 maybe 4 hours, and then it starts dissapeiring. Oxide on my skin, deffinitly not buying again.