Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

Filtered by age: 25-29
Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

3.4

on 6/23/2018 10:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I think this foundation is a bit under-rated here on Makeup Alley! This is the best drugstore foundation I've tried (at least so far). I actually bought a bottle a year or so ago, but it was the wrong color so I never wore it and it lay forgotten in my makeup cabinet. For reference, I have very high-maintenance, sensitive, acne-prone skin. During the cold months my skin is oily/combo/dehydrated and tends to get dry patches. I'd been using MAC Studio Waterweight foundation over the winter. It's a light/medium coverage, serum foundation that has a beautiful finish, however it doesn't control oil and has a slightly dewey finish. During the warmer months, my skin is more oily than combo so I needed something a bit more mattifying - but not so matte that it gets cakey and highlights any flaky spots.

A few weeks ago, I asked a friend for a foundation recommendation for the summer. She suggested a few higher end brands, but said Maybelline's Fit Me Matte & Poreless was a good inexpensive option. I went back to the drugstore to find the right color. For reference, I have fair-light, neutral-cool toned skin: MAC NC15, Estee Lauder DW Ecru, Revlon Colorstay Buff, MUFE 115 Ivory. I found a near perfect match with Matte & Poreless 110 Porcelain. It's a very neutral shade, not too pink or yellow - an issue I've had with some of Maybelline's other foundations. Another plus is that it does not oxidize at all, at least not in my experience.

I've been using Real Techniques blender sponge (dry) for application, which works well. The coverage is buildable, one coat provides light coverage, two for medium. I usually go over my whole face with one coat, and then blend some extra on places I need more coverage (nose and chin). It dries to a nice, even finish that I would describe as "natural matte" and does not look cakey in the least. I've had some issues with mattifying products highlighting dry patches and causing the makeup to look cakey, but this isn't a problem with this makeup. For comparison, I found Revlon Colorstay to be cakier. Matte & Poreless does a pretty good job of covering pores, but I would definitely suggest wearing a primer underneath. I then use a very light dusting of setting and/or finishing powder (I use Kat Von D's setting powder; it's amazing) over this to further mattify the oily parts of my face, especially my t-zone and prolong the wear. Depending on heat/humidity, with this makeup I blot a couple times a day, so it does a pretty good job controlling oil.

As for the downsides: Wear time for me is about 6-8 hours, probably longer in the winter or if you have normal to dry skin, but in a very hot/humid climate with oily skin you will need to touch up after about 6. I don't mind this as I would rather re-apply than deal with the cakiness that comes with the super long lasting foundations (even EL DW can be a bit too cakey for me). The other downside is the bottle. I like the glass packaging, but why doesn't it have a pump?! It can be difficult to get the right amount out and I feel like I am wasting product. It gets messy and I have to wipe the bottle down afterwards.

Overall, I would recommend this foundation to anyone with combo to oily skin looking for a good foundation with oil control, a natural-matte finish and decent wear time.

on 6/21/2018 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

After years of failed attempts trying to find my shade......... I've finally found it!! Sun Beige 310.

I prefer a natural/satin finish. I don't have any extreme discoloration or acne or bumps or scars. I just have slight uneven skin tone & all I really want my foundation to do is to even it out & airbrush my skin.

I used this for 1-2 days in average, sunny California weather (70-80 F). It endured my average day around the house & around some stores. Love that I couldn't feel it on my skin & didn't have any acne breakouts.

Then, I brought it w/ me to the Philippines & Thailand where the weather is 90+ degrees Fahrenheit AND HUMID to see how it'd really last. I wore it for 5 different days. Surprisingly, it lasted VERY well for those conditions! I was expecting it to melt off or something! But well after 4+ hours in that weather & humidity I look shiny, obviously, but my skin still looked very airbrushed & even & satiny. I didn't notice any smile lines or any breaking up. Not bad, Maybelline!

However, I will say that if someone has pores or texture around or on their nose, or wherever, they should try using a smoothing primer. This foundation slightly accentuates it.

on 5/19/2018 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Pros:1. Matte finish and lightweight. 2. Makes my pores look smaller. 3. Coverage is medium and can be build up.
Cons: 1. Oxidized like crazy. My face literally turned to orange color after an hour. 2. You definitely looks like wearing foundation. Not natural looking. Shade 120 is too dark for my nc20 skin coz it oxidized.
Overall, not a bad product but there are many better drugstore foundations ex: covergirl ready set gorgeous is my all time fav for $6.

on 5/9/2018 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A reliably easy-to-use matte foundation that blends beautifully and gives a smooth satin-like finish. I would consider this the drugstore dupe for the Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation. Did not highlight my dry patches like other cheap drugstore brand foundations and my shade was easy to find due to the extensive shade range. Wore through the day without oxidising or turning into an oil slick. It wasn't a super long wearing one but it was decent for what it is. I appreciate how much I can still rely on this foundation for days even when my skin feels bad, dry or acne-prone. I only wish it came in a pump.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I am oily, lighter olive, very break-out prone, with some hyperpigmentation. I can’t find a perfect shade unfortunately. I’ve tried 4 colors and the color is either too warm, too cool, or too pink.

This doesn’t cover my hyperpigmentation completely BUT I can do a full face of this stuff with my blender two times and it doesn’t look cakey and will cover everything. This is not full coverage at all it’s definitely medium coverage. It also claims to be matte but I would call it semi-matte. This formula doesn’t oxidize at all from my experience.

It stays put all day BUT I use a primer, setting powder and setting spray soo I really don’t know what it’s actual staying power is like. This doesn’t break up around oily areas which is awesome and it stays looking relatively good by the end of a 12 hour day. I HAVE experienced patchiness by the end of the day however.

Overall I think this is a good buy even just for a backup foundation. For the price it’s pretty awesome and there are very few things I would change if I had the chance.

Stay away from this foundation if you have breakout prone skin. I should have read the ingredients list before purchasing, but I was too excited to see that shade 110 might be a potential “dupe” for Nars SG Siberia (which also breaks me out, sigh).
This foundation indeed creates silky smooth canvas and shade range is impressive (for a drugstore brand), also pretty long wearing on my normal/combo skin.
But it “sits” on my skin in an uncomfortable way- feels almost like I just put on face mask. I prefer something more breathable. It makes a good “special occasion” foundation for events and such but I wouldn’t wear it every day. The finish is similar to Catrice’s HD foundation (which breaks me out like nothing else). Very flawless but heavy, even though I applied it with sponge. Coverage: medium to full.

Just as I mentioned, after few uses, it caused a major breakout (painful “cystic” pimples and closed comedones all over my face). So I’ve read the ingredients list and instantly knew why: it contains denaturated alcohol, very high on the list. My skin hates it- I know that now.

Overall, I personally like it. I do have a combination of dry & oily skin. Depending on the time of year. When my face is going through a dry spell, I will not use this foundation though. It makes my face feel & look even more dry. I also found that this foundation does have a weird dryish-textured feeling after it is applied onto the skin. However, it does stay on all day. I dont have to reapply, & It has great coverage so I dont have to use a lot. So, In all I like it. & I would recommend this to a friend!

on 3/15/2018 4:13:00 PM

This is a very good dupe for the Mac Studio Fix Fluid foundation.

This is one of the best affordable foundations ever .
Buildable coverage, covers imperfections and evens skin tones.

My skin is combo, but more on the dry side and i never found a problem with this and my dry skin.
Its not very matte its more of a satin-matte. Theres still a natrual glow from your skin peeping through. I do find that throughout the day my skin does get shiny when using this. But am not mad at that because atleast it doesnt go cakey and flat.

I really recommend this, the finish is beautiful and i love a foundation that will blur and smooth out my skin which this really does.
Whether i use a brush or sponge, it doesnt matter as i love the finish either way. I much prefer this to the Mac Studio Fluid.
It blends out easy too, the formula feels nice it foesnt feel tacky or dry.
My only tiny criticism is that it doesnt last longer then six hours on me, the initial look it gives me doesnt last that long. But its a drugstore foundation so i wasn’t expecting a full eight hour wear. One of my friends who does use this, says she finds it a bit drying on her skin so i think if you are very dry, you might feel this way too.

Either way i love it. I am in the shade 220 Natrual Beige. And i would say thats a medium shade with neutral undertones. I am a 300 in fenty beauty and Golden Tan in the hourglass stick.

on 2/12/2018 1:16:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

PACKAGING: glass bottle, NO PUMP
SHADE: #110, fair ivory color with yellow undertones, oxidizes darker and peachier
TEXTURE: liquidy but silicone-y, dries to a powdery finish, emphasizes dry patches and sinks into fine lines
COVERAGE: light, can be built to a low medium
STAYING POWER: lasts for 4-5 hours before it starts to break down

I used to try this prior to Accutane (when my skin was super oily) and like all other matte foundations I'd tried, it would break down much easier on me compared to satin ones (my theory is that the oil-controlling ingredients make my skin so aggressively matte that in the end it would produce even more oil to make up for how drying it feels). So now that my skin is more combination, I thought with some decent skin prep I could give it another go.

The thing is, whatever tools I use to apply it with - sponge, brush, fingers - it just never looks good and would always pick up on any dry patches I've managed to previously tame down with my moisturizers. Coverage is barely there (might be full for those with perfect skin but with severely blemished skin like mine, it's a no), oxidizes like crazy, and still breaks down and gets oily as easy as before.

I imagine that if you are willing to use a good primer that can prolong the wear time of this foundation, have normal skin with no texture, and don't like to use powder afterwards, you might like this. But why bother when there are so many better drugstore foundations out there that aren't as much of a hassle to use?

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Nothing matte or poreless about this if you actually have larger pores and are genuinely oily. Truly did not work for me and I am both of those things. It applied very sheer but felt heavy on my face. The price point can be rather high for something that works so badly and the packaging is not user friendly. It needs a pump desperately. Trying to use this is like using Heinz ketchup in a glass bottle.. frustrating and you don’t get the result you want.