Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

Filtered by age: 19-24
Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

3.5

on 10/12/2017 12:57:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is my first foundation. I have high hopes for this it as most people gave quite good reviews on it. But all it does is enhance my pore and looks cakey on my combination skin (I have already moisturised and prime my skin). I really hope I will like this product because now i will avoid buying drug store foundation because I'm scarred this will happen again :(

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The hype is REAL with this one. I hadn't bought it since I was afraid it was kind of overhyped, and had resorted to L'Oreal's Infallible Pro Matte foundation and found this one to be so close in quality! The only thing that keeps this foundation in second place for me is its packaging... Having to decanter the product out is a recipe for disaster, especially when you're as clumsy as I am. Nevertheless, it has really good medium-to-full coverage and lasts a whole work day. I live in the tropics so finding a foundation that won't be reduced to a bunch of pigmented patches on the face is KEY. I was really happy I hopped on the hype train for this one. I have very oily skin and don't even have to set it with powder. TL/DR; Meh packaging, FANTASTIC product!

on 9/17/2017 1:16:00 PM

This is a great bargain buy. I started using this when I was in between jobs and couldn't afford expensive make up at the time. With a good moisturizer/primer, this does give you great buildable coverage. I did feel like the wear wasn't as long as I would've liked it to be, I felt after about 4 hours it would start to move around on my face and crease pretty badly under my eyes and my dimples. I did like that I could easily mix this with another foundation if my skin happened to be more or less tan that week. Overall a good bargain and pretty versatile, but not something I'd go out of my way to purchase again.

on 9/8/2017 4:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was using this foundation for about a year until I discovered the L'Oreal Infallible Pro Matte, and I have to say, L'Oreal is much better.

I'm typically very oily with most foundations; nothing lasts more than 4-6 hours before I need to blot my face with at least 2 blotting sheets. This foundation was a good color match for me, but it didn't keep me "matte and poreless" all day.

It did give a nice finish at the beginning, but by the end of the day, I looked like a greasy mess. I tried setting sprays and different primers, but I just couldn't get this foundation to work for me. I also didn't like how it doesn't have a pump.

I would only repurchase this if I had nothing else to use and if I was only going out for a few hours. I do appreciate the shade range and it photographs well, but I wish it controlled my oil better. My perfect shade would be a mix between 120 and 127. Overall, this is an okay drugstore foundation, but I wouldn't reach for it if I had to be out all day or night.

on 8/27/2017 4:14:00 PM

After reading rave reviews I decided to jump on the bandwagon and buy this foundation, we don't get the fancy bottle in the U.K we get the cheap tube instead.
It's a very runny foundation and my shade is natural tan which I thought would be a good match, it pulls very orange on me and doesn't have any coverage, my dark circles and redness were stil peaking through after one layer, I did try and build this up age got a medium coverage but because it pulls orange I run the risk of looking like a tangerine.
It's a average foundation nothing to scream about, the finish is a natural i wouldn't describe it as matte more of a satin matte very skin like.

I think if they had a better colour range I would much prefer this foundation as it's just a struggle to match it to my skin tone and I definitely think it oxidises a bit. It gives a lovely semi-matte finish and has quite a good medium coverage, considering I've used half the bottle I'd say it's a pretty decent product.

on 8/18/2017 2:51:00 PM

I really wanted to like this because it's talked about quite a lot on YouTube and it's so cheap. But alas even though it says it was meant for oilier skin types, I did not find this to suit my combo-oily skin.

It looks really nice when initially applied - it's a light-medium coverage and I wouldn't say it's super matte, it's more of a semi-matte finish as you can still see some shine on the foundation even after it has dried. However, the thing I dislike the most is that it emphasises EVERY bit of texture on my face, even with a primer underneath. I don't have super textured skin but this just sinks into my pores, clings to the dry patches on my nose, cakes up around my nose and makes the laugh lines around my mouth look really obvious (and given that I'm only 23 that's saying something). The lasting power is really disappointing as I find that this just melts off my face after around 3 hours even with a primer and setting spray.

If you're very oily-skinned and looking for something longwearing, I wouldn't recommend this. I have to mix this with some hyaluronic acid so that it doesn't look so weird on my skin and lasts longer (don't ask me why this works, it just does!). As a standalone product however, I don't think it does what it claims to do other than have an excellent shade range. This might work for you if you have normal skin or are only SLIGHTLY oily, and want an everyday matte foundation from the drugstore - otherwise I think there are a lot of better options out there, even if you have to pay a little more for it.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This foundation is my current fave. It gives me a demi matte finish (i have semi dehydrated skin) and with two thin layes, i get a medium/full coverage with this. I love this and will definitely be repurchasing. The only con is the packaging. It doesnt have a pump.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I wanted to love this since I've heard such good things but it just didnt work. Looked cakey and cry on my skin and oxidized like crazy.

on 7/22/2017 9:01:00 PM

Love the coverage. Love the Fit Me Concealer too. <3 One of the best concealer I try in drugstore so far.
Both lasts the whole day (with a good primer but it can also last without a setting spray)
The Sad part is I drop it the first time I use it. But I got the rest and used it for 2weeks.

I hate the packaging. I'm into pump foundations. And for a SGD20 foundation? I would rather buy another foundation that cost a bit higher but that has a good amount inside. Coz Fit Me Foundation only have 30ml so for me it's not worth it.