Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

Filtered by age: 19-24
Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

3.5

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I currently own the dewy + smooth finish, but a few years ago I'd buy this version on and off in between using my other foundations. (my shade is Porcelain 110) I have quite oily skin + I'm acne prone with some visible pores along the side of my nose/cheek area, so with this being formulated specifically for oily peeps, I was drawn really quick. Although I would purchase this again, and did really enjoy it, I'm haunted with how I used to apply it.. thinking back, it probably really affected the final look and wear of the product. At the time, I strongly stood by the concept that "more is more" and so that entailed me piling on this foundation, "blending" with my fingers, and despite it clearly being a matte finish that set well, I still felt the need to smack on heaps of pressed powder with the sponge applicator that would come with the compact...bad times.. doing so would leave a rather 'perfect' finish, until about 4 hours later when the product would crinkle up and emphasise any pore, line, flake that was on my skin. (I also wasn't very into skincare or moisturizing my face in general, so... go figure). Not the formulas fault, just be wise when it comes to applying your makeup lol, you'll figure out what works and what doesn't. Since that is my last experience of using this, I would definitely like to repurchase in the future and see how it looks and feels with proper technique, haha...

on 5/29/2018 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is my perfect everyday foundation. Controls oil and sits well over my sunscreen. Not too full coverage or cakey. I would prefer a pump but I survive without it. I apply with a damp sponge and set with the Fit Me loose powder.

on 4/26/2018 2:58:00 PM

Bought this after I had heard really good things about this product but after only a couple of hours wear my skin was super oily and half my foundation had slid off. Does not last at all and oxidizes to an orange tone. really thin coverage when applying too and found difficult to build

on 4/22/2018 12:50:00 PM

LOVE THIS! I used shades 110,115 and 120. Amazing coverage, cheap and it lasts so long. It does oxicidize thats why I tend to get the lighter shade.

So for reference, I have acne prone skin, I am pale and I have combination skin.
I only recently began using this foundation, in the shade 110 Porcelain. I was using the dewy and smooth version but in the shade ivory I think, and the undertone was just far too pink. This matte and poreless one has a yellow undertone which is great. I do think it can be drying, so I always prep my skin well with moisturizer and serum and a good primer. It wears nicely and doesn't get anywhere CLOSE to as oily as the dewy and smooth one. I'm wearing the matte and poreless one on my face right this second and have been for 8 hours and it looks pretty darn good. Definitely give this foundation a try!

on 4/1/2018 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

7/10.

About:
I'm 24, with normal to dry skin that is not acne prone but I do have large pores. I wear this in the shade 112 Natural Ivory and my MAC shade is NW13. I use a beauty blender knockoff to apply foundation.

This foundation has a runny texture that blends seamlessly into the skin. It does not dry quickly. The finish is a soft matte. I don't find that it does anything good or bad for my pores, I don't think a foundation can really do much for pores. You need a good primer and skincare routine, and a bit of luck.

The shade match is perfect for me, which is my favourite thing about this product. It does have quite high coverage, but doesn't look cakey due to the 'wet' consistency. Maybelline is super easy to find in stores and inexpensive.

There are a couple of things I dislike about this foundation - I really don't like the packaging. A glass bottle with no pump makes no sense. Just add a pump please. This foundation is too runny and messy to be tipping out of the bottle. Another thing I don't love is that this foundation doesn't last all day. I powder my whole face but it still wears off in patches through the day, which is annoying.

I would repurchase this foundation, but I think it works best if you use less product and sacrifice some coverage. I've heard people suggest mixing this with the Dewy and Smooth, but I don't have a shade match in that range.

on 3/8/2018 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have very oily skin, huge pores, and a few scars from breakouts.
I swatched 310 on my skin at the drugstore and it went on smoothly, blurred my pores like magic, and suited my skin tone. I decided to buy it and I've had it for 3 weeks now. I love how the foundation is buildable so depending what look I want to go for I can go from a sheer to medium to full coverage! It honestly looks beautiful on the skin and hides my imperfections.
I'm a nurse so by the end of my shift my skin looks slightly shiny, but in a good way and the foundation is still intact. I just use a tissue to blot my skin and I still get compliments from my patients on how good my skin looks.
The only downside is this product has made me breakout even more, but then again this foundation compensates that buy covering it up.

on 3/2/2018 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I had gotten this on a sale for just $10, where it normally retails to around $20 in my country. For the price, it was astoundingly good, but for marketing it's name as fit me, one would assume it's for everyone, but the range of shades is really just light medium to medium dark. The shade 128 is slightly darker and yellower compared to the kvd liquid foundation in neutral 45 ( the closest mainstream brand that i could find closest to my skin at the moment), but well, fits me well enough for everyday.

Pros:
Cheap
Medium-full buildable coverage
Doesn't need powder to set
Matte
Not drying
Lightweight
Little product needed for full face

Cons:
No pump, can't control the flow of product,might have little accidents
Needs to be worked on quickly or it'll dry in an awkward gloop.
Would settle into fine lines and make pores more obvious if too much is used
Not cruelty free

I'd repurchase if I haven't found something better that works for my skin.

on 2/25/2018 9:33:00 PM

I have a love/hate relationship with this. Sometimes it goes on beautifully, and covers all my troubles and hides my dark past. Other times it does sweet fuck all and makes me look shite. It didn't take to my catrice liquid camouflage too well, as it bunched up a bit, but with a bit of finessing, it works. I used the shade 110, which was a decent enough match for me. The pharmacy I went to didn't have the lightest shade unfortunately, I would have thought shops would stock more light shades, being in Ireland and all, but I digress. I found it to be an OK foundation, nothing mind blowing, and tbh, I can't get over the hype of it. I don't think it's THAT GOOD. Also, mine came in a squeezy tube, not a pump bottle. Price was right though. I'd say give it a shot.

This foundation is great but the packaging is TERRIBLE. If it had a pump it would be unbeatable but honestly it gets super messy trying to dump the foundation onto your hand. The foundation itself is fantastic - medium buildable coverage, great on combination skin. Long lasting, etc. I use a primer and setting spray and it lasts 12+ hrs. Highly recommend!!