Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

3.5

on 6/23/2018 10:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I think this foundation is a bit under-rated here on Makeup Alley! This is the best drugstore foundation I've tried (at least so far). I actually bought a bottle a year or so ago, but it was the wrong color so I never wore it and it lay forgotten in my makeup cabinet. For reference, I have very high-maintenance, sensitive, acne-prone skin. During the cold months my skin is oily/combo/dehydrated and tends to get dry patches. I'd been using MAC Studio Waterweight foundation over the winter. It's a light/medium coverage, serum foundation that has a beautiful finish, however it doesn't control oil and has a slightly dewey finish. During the warmer months, my skin is more oily than combo so I needed something a bit more mattifying - but not so matte that it gets cakey and highlights any flaky spots.

A few weeks ago, I asked a friend for a foundation recommendation for the summer. She suggested a few higher end brands, but said Maybelline's Fit Me Matte & Poreless was a good inexpensive option. I went back to the drugstore to find the right color. For reference, I have fair-light, neutral-cool toned skin: MAC NC15, Estee Lauder DW Ecru, Revlon Colorstay Buff, MUFE 115 Ivory. I found a near perfect match with Matte & Poreless 110 Porcelain. It's a very neutral shade, not too pink or yellow - an issue I've had with some of Maybelline's other foundations.

I've been using Real Techniques blender sponge (dry) for application, which works well. The coverage is buildable, one coat provides light coverage, two for medium. I usually go over my whole face with one coat, and then blend some extra on places I need more coverage (nose and chin). It dries to a nice, even finish that I would describe as "natural matte" and does not look cakey in the least. I've had some issues with mattifying products highlighting dry patches and causing the makeup to look cakey, but this isn't a problem with this makeup. For comparison, I found Revlon Colorstay to be cakier. Matte & Poreless does a pretty good job of covering pores, but I would definitely suggest wearing a primer underneath. I then use a very light dusting of setting and/or finishing powder (I use Kat Von D's setting powder; it's amazing) over this to further mattify the oily parts of my face, especially my t-zone and prolong the wear. Depending on heat/humidity, with this makeup I blot a couple times a day, so it does a pretty good job controlling oil.

As for the downsides: Wear time for me is about 6-8 hours, probably longer in the winter or if you have normal to dry skin, but in a very hot/humid climate with oily skin you will need to touch up after about 6. I don't mind this as I would rather re-apply than deal with the cakiness that comes with the super long lasting foundations (even EL DW can be a bit too cakey for me). The other downside is the bottle. I like the glass packaging, but why doesn't it have a pump?! It can be difficult to get the right amount out and I feel like I am wasting product. It gets messy and I have to wipe the bottle down afterwards.

Overall, I would recommend this foundation to anyone with combo to oily skin looking for a good foundation with oil control, a natural-matte finish and decent wear time.

on 6/21/2018 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

After years of failed attempts trying to find my shade......... I've finally found it!! Sun Beige 310.

I prefer a natural/satin finish. I don't have any extreme discoloration or acne or bumps or scars. I just have slight uneven skin tone & all I really want my foundation to do is to even it out & airbrush my skin.

I used this for 1-2 days in average, sunny California weather (70-80 F). It endured my average day around the house & around some stores. Love that I couldn't feel it on my skin & didn't have any acne breakouts.

Then, I brought it w/ me to the Philippines & Thailand where the weather is 90+ degrees Fahrenheit AND HUMID to see how it'd really last. I wore it for 5 different days. Surprisingly, it lasted VERY well for those conditions! I was expecting it to melt off or something! But well after 4+ hours in that weather & humidity I look shiny, obviously, but my skin still looked very airbrushed & even & satiny. I didn't notice any smile lines or any breaking up. Not bad, Maybelline!

However, I will say that if someone has pores or texture around or on their nose, or wherever, they should try using a smoothing primer. This foundation slightly accentuates it.

on 6/6/2018 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Looooooooooove this foundation, since a reside in a super hot climate and have combination skin that turns oily in the summer I can only use this foundation during spring, fall and winter. I am 355 coconut in spring. Cappuccino in fall and winter I use 355 powder underneath both foundations. A great friend had recommended this to me

on 5/29/2018 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is my perfect everyday foundation. Controls oil and sits well over my sunscreen. Not too full coverage or cakey. I would prefer a pump but I survive without it. I apply with a damp sponge and set with the Fit Me loose powder.

on 5/21/2018 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This foundation is great if I could find my match and not have to mix. But when it comes down to the job of oiliness, it helps a lot.
It stays matte for the remainder of the day.
NO PUMP!

on 5/19/2018 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Pros:1. Matte finish and lightweight. 2. Makes my pores look smaller. 3. Coverage is medium and can be build up.
Cons: 1. Oxidized like crazy. My face literally turned to orange color after an hour. 2. You definitely looks like wearing foundation. Not natural looking. Shade 120 is too dark for my nc20 skin coz it oxidized.
Overall, not a bad product but there are many better drugstore foundations ex: covergirl ready set gorgeous is my all time fav for $6.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I like the packaging. The colour range is fine for me as a mid-range white woman. I want to love this. I really do. It goes on so nicely, the colour I’ve got is the perfect match. But the staying power is terrible on me. By lunchtime my makeup has settled into my pores or separated, and any dry patches are accentuated. After a full day - in an air conditioned office, not doing anything strenuous - I look like I’ve been out all night. Shame because the price is excellent and when freshly applied it looks lovely and covers my redness well. But I won’t buy again because I need the staying power!

It’s pretty good for hiding dark circles and small pimples and I don’t usually wear makeup even close to everyday so I don’t recommend for full coverage just for small touch ups

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I don’t think I’ve ever been able to wear a drugstore foundation. In all my glorious ghostiness, they’ve all been a bust. But with the enhanced range of the Fit Me M&P line, I found a match in 102. I’m thrilled.
The formula is a bit drying for me, but I’m so happy to have a light foundation to slap on that’s reasonably priced, easy to find, and doesn’t break me out that I’m just doing a happy dance. Whoohoo!
Hooray for Maybelline! I wasn’t a rabid fan in the past, but I am now!

on 5/12/2018 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have a very oily skin and somewhat large pores, I use Maybelline fit me daily and although it does reduces pore appearance it isn’t really matte, by 3 hours i’m starting to get oily and it sometimes cling to dry patches. It does gives you a natural appearance though which is why i would still buy this again.