Mizon Snail Repair Intensive Ampoule

Mizon Snail Repair Intensive Ampoule
Snail Repair Intensive Ampoule

3.9

Snail Secretion Filtrate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Alcohol, Panthenol, Glycereth-26, Punica Granatum Extract, Theobroma Cacao (cocoa) Extract, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Trehalose, Copper Tripeptide-1, Human Ogliopeptide-1, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4, Cornus Officinalis Fruit Extract, Nelumbo Nucifera Flower Extract, Caprylyl Glyocol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tropolone, Sodium Polyacrylate, Adenosine, Coptis Japonica Extract, Disodium Edta

on 8/20/2017 2:23:00 PM

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I was searching for a product that would reduce my acne and the scars it left on my face.
I found this product was helpful for many people, so I decided to buy it. I bought it together with mizon foam cleanser and mizon black snail cream. I found this serum is very light and absorbs in a few seconds which I really liked.
I don't know which of the products helped the most, but already next morning my skin looked a lot healthier and brighter, it reduced my acne right away. Now I'm using it for few weeks and I can even show in public without any foundation on my face because my skin looks healthy.
4 stars because this product doesn't hydrate as much as my skin needs.

on 6/21/2017 11:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

After heaps of research into all things in Korean skincare and beauty products, I jumped onto the snail bandwagon after reading about all the amazing results people were getting from using it.

Unfortunately this Mizon product as well the the snail products from COSRX either break me out, or do nothing for my normal/oily skin. I've now started experimenting with this on my boyfriend who has incredibly dry skin and it seems to be working ok for him. Maybe more suited for people with dry skin as a layer before moisturiser. Will not repurchase unfortunately.

on 11/6/2016 10:05:00 AM

Fantastic product. Has completely transformed my skin

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Cannot believe I'm not only using this but loving it. My skin is really moisturized and hydrated, redness is significantly diminished. Perfect weight and viscosity for my oily skin and leaves no sticky residue. Absolutely no scent (so very relieved about that!). I use Ladykin Broccoli Essence Toner before and it picks up the lovely fruity scent when I massage the Serum into my face.

Would definitely recommend and repurchase . I do plan to pick up a few more Snail Mucin products to compare.

on 1/25/2017 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I was really excited to try this and really wanted to like it.
This was one of my first Korean beauty buys and my first 'crazy ingredient' item. I liked the idea behind it- that snail slime helps heal and protect the snail's little tail- but in practice it, well... just did nothing.
My skin is sensitive and thanks to accutane, no breakouts. I was hoping this would add an extra layer of hydration and help soothe my skin. And, I guess it sort of did, but when I stopped using it altogether, I noticed no difference in hydration.
Although you only need a small amount, the price for 30ml seems a bit steep- especially when there are identical products out there with 3 times as much product. Also, the dropper mechanism makes it impossible to get the last half inch or so of product (a not insignificant amount) out of the bottle.
So in all, this stuff is pretty pointless. Minimal hydration and softness from using it and small size compared to other offerings on the vast K-beauty market. Try a sample first.

on 5/26/2017 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I believe the one who says about this product that it is not very effective because it is from my knowledge of many tried this and have a little doubt the ability of it to deal with many of the problems of the skin, but already as with many unfortunately sorcerer with some but ineffective with others I can not say reason for sure but it can be The reason is the nature of the skin and the age but the product is deserve the experiment and well deserved because it is really fascinating to many problems .
my blog and you tube jamalek tips

on 8/28/2016 8:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I really wanted to like this ampoule. Truly, I did. I loved the last Mizon ampoule I used (Natural Bal-hyo Seed Ampoule), but unfortunately this broke me out in whiteheads. I'm not sure why as I've never had problems with any of the ingredients in other formulations before, but I know for sure this is what was breaking me out. On the upside, it did hydrate and soothe my dry, easily irritated skin, and it is economical and easily available as well as containing a high amount (80%) snail secretion, so I'm still giving it two lippies.

on 10/16/2016 10:36:00 PM

Great for layering. I use a few generous drops of this as an extra hydration step after i wash my face in the morning, and before my day SPF face cream (shiseido). I find the mizon snail products are well packaged, effective for keeping my complexion clear, and are very well priced.

on 9/30/2016 10:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

So I've been trying this for a few weeks now and it's okay okay product. If I could I would have given it a 3.5 rating.
It's a nice step to add moisture and care to your skin and while I think it will be great in the winter, I'm not crazy enough about it to not replace it with a higher end product once i run out.

Yes it does heal, yes it does moisturize but my skin didn't change noticably from using it. I have been adding other products from the mizon snail line and it was pretty much the same. Nice but not really life changing.

I think I'll go look into Whamisa products when I finish this bottle.

But I think it's a great product for those who are on a budget and want to start the skincare layering process.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I am writing this review after only about a week of use, but felt that something should be said about this product. I plan to write post an update in 2-3 weeks.

I ordered this off of Ebay for about $13 CAD. For this price you receive 30mls of product in a glass dropper bottle - excellent price and quality packaging.

The serum is slightly viscous (let's not forget that it is composed of 80% snail secretion). I prefer to pat this over my face after cleansing, while the skin is just barely damp. It's colourless, odourless and spreads easily, but does take a little time to dry due to it's slightly thick consistency. I apply this morning and night.

I've been battling dry, flaky skin for some time now. It looks just awful under foundation! Within three uses of this serum...bye-bye flakiness. After one week, my skin is looking slightly plumper and more elastic. This is a huge plus for me since I suffer from depressed acne scarring and I think I can say that it has slightly reduced the appearance of my scars :) I have not seen any reduction in redness/hyperpigmentation, though.

As much as I would have loved to give this serum a 5/5, I've been seeing some whiteheads popping up since I added it to my regime. I am wondering if this is just my skin adjusting to this new product or perhaps "purging", but I will continue to use it and hopefully the whiteheads will subside!

Side note: I also purchased the Mizon snail eye cream, all in one repair cream, and gel recovery cream (too soon to review right now, you can check in a few weeks if interested).

--UPDATE (Aug 2016)--

For some reason or another, the whiteheads I was experiencing kept getting worse. No, it was not related to the snail serum. Not sure what it was actually....but they did eventually stop, thank goodness. For about 2 weeks during that time, I stopped using almost everything on my face, including this serum, because I could not pinpoint what was causing the breakout. After my skin settled down, I continued to use this; sometimes day and night and other times at night only. The bottle is now empty and I can honestly say that it has improved my scarring at all. Overall though, my skin looks more hydrated than it did before using this serum.

Conclusions: Not sure if I would repurchase, as I would like to find a product that will help my scarring/hyperpigmentation and is hydrating, as well. For this reason, I have reduced my rating to 3/5.