MAC Cosmetics Prep and Prime Fix+

MAC Cosmetics Prep and Prime Fix+
Prep and Prime Fix+Prep and Prime Fix+

4.1

Water, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caffeine, Panthenol, Arginine, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, PPG-26-Buteth-26, Fragrance, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol

Eh I mean...not crazy about it. I spray it on when my face is dry or before makeup. Doesn’t do anything spectacular. Could probably find a more affordable spray. Might not repurchase once I’m finished using.

on 1/2/2019 5:44:00 AM

Not sure why this is getting rave reviews.. the spray is harsh and it makes my skin wet (actual drops, even though I don't even spray it that close), sometimes it even smudges my mascara. It doesn't really seem to do much for my make up either. This was a let down tbh

on 12/28/2018 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

So color me obsessed with this spray. It really does what it claims. I used it to dampen my RT sponge and to set my makeup for the day. I get a good 8 hours of staying power with this spray. I am really impressed and now I understand the hype. I am on my 2nd bottle and will continue to repurchase.

on 12/20/2018 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I love this stuff- it’s so versatile and refreshing and yes it’s mostly water and glycerin but it’s perfect and shelf stable. It’s so great for setting makeup and as a mixing medium for eyeliner and making eye shadows pop.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

What manner of devilry or witchcraft is this stuff??!!
I got some as a wetting agent to use eyeshadow as an eyeliner and applying shimmers & glitters. Works pretty good, but I am still searching for my HG primer and/or eyeshadow base, I still get creasing or transferring of eyeliner on my upper eye. Was going to use it today but I spaced and forgot, and I had just did a glittery eye look that I would need to check like every hour. :/ So I decided to use it as a setting spray and did just one spritz aiming between my eyes. Forgot all about it for like 8 hours and finally remembered to do a face check and d**n - things looked as good, if not better, than they did when I applied it! I even swiped my eyes with my finger and nothing moved, not even my concealer.
So I am here to say 1) this stuff is awesome and 2) everyone who has ever recommended this is right. Yes you, you are right. I will be repurchasing but not immediately because my 1 oz. little is barely gone and I have used it many times already. I am tired of messing around, I don’t want to hear about any other brands or substitutes and will be using this from now on.

on 10/20/2018 1:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

This is the second setting spray I've ever used, the first one being Wet n Wild's Natural PhotoFocus Setting Spray, so I don't have too much exposure or experience w/ setting sprays.

I did like how well this seemed to help hold my foundation & makeup when I was in humid countries like the Philippines & Thailand. Weather there was ~95 degrees Fahrenheit all day. It sprays evenly & beautifully. I always use this whenever I wear makeup so I don't know how my makeup is w/o it lol.

ive purchased 2 bottles of this, the first one, i blew through it like it didnt cost me $23 at the time.
the second one is still near full, as ive moved on to mario badescu for a facial spray, and urban decay all nighter for a setting spray.
im not really an intense makeup wearer, but i do wear it often,
the spritzer is uneven and quite strong.

i do agree that this product is wonderful in taking away the powdery look of makeup, but imo any facial spray will do that for you.

for the record i only buy the UD one when its on sale for half price

This is not the spray you want, but the spray you NEED. (lol) This product has been a constant repurchase for me for over 3 years now. I use it for so many purposes:

- If I want my makeup to last a smidgen longer, I use Fix+ to wet my Real Techniques sponge
- I spray my brush to foil my eyeshadows, I cannot find a better product for this!
- Once again If I want to prep my face before even PRIMER, I spray this on my face first
- If I apply too much powder, I use this to wet my face.

An absolutely great product and well worth the hype. Don't use it for a make-up prolonging spray though!

Amazing stuff! I wouldn't use this as a primer but this makes highlighter and eyeshadows more intense and is a great setting spray. I'm interested in the coconut scent, it will be my next purchase.

The MAC prep and prime setting spray is a great spray and it kind of reminds me of hairspray because that's what people used to do back in time.

I clearly can see that my makeup last longer and my forehead and nose area doesn't get greasy.

I would repurchase the product, if the mist wouldn't be so aggressive because that's the only negative point I experienced.