4.1

Shop Now

Reviews

from

2 months ago

Once you work out how to use this, it’s a brilliant product. Lesson 1. This is not a setting spray. It is too ‘wet’ to use to set makeup as the spray nozzle dispenses a lot of fluid as opposed to a light mist. Lesson 2. This works best as a spray primer – as the Prep and Prime names suggests. It balances my skin, adds hydration under my makeup and makes me look beautifully radiant all day. Lesson 3. This could be used as a ‘refresher’ when/if you start to feel your base caking throughout the day. Or if you’re hot. I also use this on no-makeup days cos it feels so lovely on the skin. Lesson 4. The various scents are all gorgeous. I have the coconut option and it smells beautiful and fresh. Lesson 5. Fix+ ‘fixes’ your skin, not your makeup. Trust me.

About reviewer (86 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Kinky, Medium

3 months ago

Well, after using budget-friendly setting sprays over the years, I finally decided to purchase the famous Mac Prep and Prime Fix+. This is an expensive setting spray and the packaging feels luxurious. It’s important to note what I look for in a setting spray. I use a setting spray mostly to set my makeup and have a glowy, natural glow without a powdery finish. This product did not achieve that like my previous setting spray, the L’Oréal Infallible Makeup Extender Setting Spray. The L’Oréal setting spray creates a beautiful glow to the face without looking like an oil slick. Now, I’m sure the Mac setting spray is great for intensifying eyeshadow and other makeup products, but if you’re looking for a spray to beautify your face products, I’d pass on this one. I use minimal face products and my makeup did not change after using this product.

About reviewer (19 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinVery Dry, Fair

EyesHazel

2.0

7 months ago

Yes it can make your face look “dewy” if you spray enough of this on. Otherwise not much effect. However it’s a shiny, sweaty kind of dewy effect sadly. The shine it adds also emphasises texture. It does work to “melt” your makeup together. However using a sponge dampened with plain old tap water and going over the makeup lightly is not only cheaper, it also looks better in my opinion. It looks and smells nice though. I won’t repurchase.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairOther

EyesGreen

7 months ago

To be honest, I don’t really see the difference after I spray this to a full face of makeup but it does seem to give me the feeling that I’ve ‘completed’ my look. Sometimes I find that the spray makes my face too wet, the mist needs to be finer. With that said, I will repurchase this product. It doesn’t have a harsh perfume smell and lasts quite long.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium

HairBrunette

8 months ago

As a single mom it's difficult to apply makeup everyday and I want that it stays put all day long and I need something that keeps it long lasting for the whole week😜 with my kids it's not easy at all and this stuff isn't working as it should or maybe I am doing something wrong. But i will stay with my bb cream and put some powder foundation on top instead of using this stuff. It's a bit expensive as well.

About reviewer (36 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair

from

9 months ago

An amazing tool for makeup lovers who wish for a no-makeup makeup look. Spray this on liberally after doing face, cheeks, eyebrows and eyes, allow to dry, proceed with the mascara and lip. And you are set looking natural without any powdery look! I would repurchase this over and over (I adore the scent Coconut) but my gripe is the spray nozzle and bottle itself. The nozzle does not distribute product in a "fine mist" and the bottle feels so cheap considering the kind of price they are charging. The sample sized Fix+ I received from MAC had way better mist control than the actual product.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Olive, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlack

9 months ago

This is not a setting spray but it has a myriad of uses: it can be used to spritz your eyeshadow brushes to get the most out of the pigment, your makeup sponge to make liquid/cream product application smoother (and some people even say it prevents the sponge from absorbing too much product... that, I can't confirm), to hydrate your face prior to makeup application or during the day, when you feel the cake coming in and your foundation and powders settling into your lines. It's definitely a tool any makeup lover should have in their bag.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

9 months ago

I honestly have nothing bad to say about this product! I love it so much, mac never fails to impress me. The spray has the perfect spritzer, which allows for just the right amount of product per spray. I purchased mine in the lavender scent, and I find that it also soothes the skin. It’s great for setting your make-up, priming the skin, and touch ups/fixes. If my make up ever cakes up, I just apply a few sprays and it blends everything out flawlessly! I also apply this after eyeshadow and highlight, to emphasize it a bit more!! I will definitely repurchase

About reviewer (13 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium

HairBrown

9 months ago

This is sooo much more than just a m/u fixer/setting spray. I was introduced to this at the MAC counter when looking for a concealer specifically for KP on my upper arms. The assistant used a kabuki brush to apply the Studio Finish Concealer and then sprayed Prep and prime Fix+ over it and it didn't shift the whole day! As I was wearing a short sleeve t-shirt my fear was the concealer would transfer to the inside of the sleeves but it scarcely did. I now use it regularly after applying any body foundation or concealer. 2nd...it amplifies the pigment of any of my shimmery eyeshadows. I spritz the eyeshadow brush a couple of times and then dip into the eyeshadow and apply to my lids. You can get the same effect if you spritz straight after applying any shimmery shadow to your lids but I end up getting it in my eyes (don't ask!) so have stopped doing that. it's very lightweight, I can't tell it is on my skin, other than the fact that everything lasts longer, and it smells really fresh too...can't quite put my finger on what it reminds me of exactly but it's a nice smell. Most importantly this is one of those products that I feel confident in using liberally as it's almost completely natural. With cucumber, chamomile and green tea thrown in, not only is it good for my skin but refreshing too, especially on a hot day. A very versatile product with many good uses. Selena x ~ My HG list ~ (As I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora) 1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil 2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm 3. Pigmentation + Anti-Ageing Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum 4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser 5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer 6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash 7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow) 8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream 9. Moisturizer: ‘Lush' - Enzymion 10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

About reviewer (568 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

9 months ago

I love this stuff. I use it to prime, set, wet brushes before application, and to freshen and moisten my (dry-ish) skin throughout the day. I have repurchased this product several times and will continue to do so!

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age36-43