Tarte TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows

Filtered by skin tone : Tan
Tarte TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows
TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte EyeshadowsTARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte EyeshadowsTARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows

3.2

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I am a lover of almost all things Tarte. I have the Tartelette in bloom and the Tarte Pro. I bought this to add more complimentary matte shades, but I did end up returning it.

It's not bad - value wise I would definitely get this over the Naked Basics. It has a much better range and much better value. I did like the shades in this palette. The reason for return - it wasn't as good in quality as the Tartelette in Bloom and Tarte pro. I felt like it was harder to blend out and the colors didn't remain true after being on the eye for a while. They kind of grayed out after a couple hours on me. Disclaimer: I have medium skin. I feel like these would work better on pale skin. I did not have these problems with my other Tarte palettes.

The Tarte Pro has a lot of similar colors to this (and then some!). Below are the Tartelette colors and the similar Pro colors:

Free Spirit = Classic
Bombshell = Vamp
Super Mom = Vintage
Wanderer = Bold
Fashionista = Punk

A lot of those aren't exact matches, but very very close. The Tarte Pro is a little more expensive at $75.71 per ounce of product to the Tartelette's $72.32 per ounce, but it is better quality in my opinion. The Tartelette in Bloom is also fantastic and is at the same price point, but it leans more burgundy.

Not a bad palette, but I feel there are better options in the same price point out there.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I wanted to like this pallete, i really did. It has my perfect selection of matte shades you could need for a variety of looks, but it just didnt work. The colours were hard to blend and got muddy really quickly on the lid; they were chalky and powdery and especially the darker shades had a TON of fallout. I wasnt expecting this kind of quality from tarte, and since it was my first time trying their palletes, tbh i was a little let down. I returned it after 5 days of trying to make it work, but nope- the lighter shades barely show up on my skin, and when i am able to blend the shadows, they end up losing alot of their pigment and i keep having to build up , build up , build up and blend and then they end up looking muddy. The only reason i gave this one lippie is because the packaging was my favourite out of most of the palletes i have-sleek, cute, has a good sized mirror inside and closes tightly so you dont have to worry about the shades getting everywhere. Overall, i wouldnt recommend this. I dont know if i got a bad onr since most people seem to like it so much, but this just didnt work for me.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

i like this palette but i dont love it .. its all matte which i love but i wish it was alittle warmer.. its more of a cool tone eyeshadow palette and thats really not much of my taste ...

wander and dreamer would have to be my favorite shades from the palette but the lighter shades really arent that pigmented ..
its an okay palette but not the best

Please Subscribe to my youtube channel ' Queennnnkay"
instagram @Queennnnkay

on 9/10/2015 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

I bought this because it's all matte and I thought it would be a good way to have more crease/blending/transition shades in my collection. I don't own a ton of eyeshadows, mostly a couple of really good palettes, and most of the colors I own are not matte. I like this palette overall, but I find matte shadows in general are more difficult to blend. I think Tarte did a decent job of choosing shades that would work for many skin tones and eye colors. The shades are not super unique but they are practical basic colors (chocolate brown, matte black, dark plum, etc) that are versatile and come in handy. The three lightest shades (Free Spirit, Supermom, Caregiver) do not show up very well on me at all without a white base (I'm an NW30) but I wasn't expecting them to ;) The rest of the colors in the palette are very wearable for me. Force of Nature is an absolutely beautiful peachy transition/crease shade and the one color I've put a major dent in. The formula is good but I definitely like the texture of Urban Decay matte shadows MUCH better than Tarte's, which are chalky in comparison. I like this palette and have been getting decent use out of it but would not repurchase because I'd rather pay a little more for a better texture/formula.

on 5/7/2015 2:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I do like this product, it was my first tarte product and I love it! The shadows range from warm to cool. There is a very nice grey in there thats unique. I like the texture of the shadows, they are easy to blend and last long. The black is hella pigmented and my favorite colors are a dusty pink and deep eggplant. I recommend if you like matte shadows.

on 1/12/2015 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

(For reference, I'm an NC 35)

I was very excited when I first got this palette. I bought this because I just absolutely fell in love with the colors when I looked at them (such beautiful purples and browns), I'm a huge sucker for neutrals, plus they were all matte! And when I swatched them on my arm, I was really impressed with the pigmentation. BUT. After using this quite the number of times (I gave it many chances), I'm just very disappointed. To the point that I returned this palette.

The colors are absolutely beautiful when individually swatched, but for some reason aren't true to color once applied to my lid. For example, I just couldn't get the shade Best Friend (the color I was most excited about) to show on my skin, no matter how much product I picked up with my brush. I tried doing different looks per row, I really reallyyyy wanted to love this palette, but once I'd blend all the shades on my lid, all the looks just looked quite the same :( Creating a look that I liked took too much work for me (for the price I paid to get this, I hated that). And the HUGEST disappointment, was that even with primer, they faded on my lids really quickly. :(

Sadly, I cannot really recommend buying this palette.