Tarte TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Tarte TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows
TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte EyeshadowsTARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte EyeshadowsTARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows

3.8

I am so disapointed in this palette. What drew me in initially was the beautiful packaging and the colors looked gorgeous in the case. However when applied the colors have very little pigment (even on my fair skin) and kind of look the same when applied. And when blended they all kind of blend together. I much prefer Lorac Pro Matte Palette!

on 11/12/2016 10:07:00 PM

Idk.. maybe since I usually only like matte in my crease, i'm not such a big fan of this. But I started to build my makeup collection about a year ago and quickly reached for this and the tartlette in bloom. The packaging is pretty and easy to open and close. Unfortunately it somehow dropped out of my stuff and one shadow shattered- the black. I have tons of black eyeshadows and never use black so I wasn't upset about it. The purples are pretty but I usually don't use a lot of color and I don;t know what id use the light pink for. I feel like the light shades are just TOO light, I wish one was more on the same page as wnw creme brulee. I want to love "force of nature" and "wanderer" so bad because I usually use soft browns in my crease but every time I dip my brush in them, they come off SO orangey and warm. They look cool in the pan so this disappoints me a lot. I don't hate warm tones by any means but I prefer cool, light matte browns on a daily basis and warm tones only sometimes when I want to switch it up. The dark browns also go unused because I don't usually need/want dark brown for my looks. Idk, it's not necessarily a bad palette, I just personally dont have a lot of use for it. Which sucks since it was $45. BUT maybe one day i'll have a look where i'll need a matte dark brown or maybe i'll want to try an all matte eye and i'll have this already in my stash to reach for and use!

My HG eyeshadow palette. All matte, all gorgeous colors, all great on my pale, cool-toned skin and deep-set, hooded eyes. Take note, those with hooded eyes - matte shadows like these will be great for you.

The formula is different from conventional shimmer/satin eyeshadows but I find these mattes to be easier to pick up and more pigmented than those in my UD Naked2 Basics palette (which is another good one if you like cool tones, just not nearly as comprehensive). This stuff also stays put on my lids throughout a 9-10+ hour day with little to no fading. Blendability is not quite as good as I've found with non-matte shadows, but I'll take good color payoff and staying power over better blendability. I don't have time to touch up my shadow during the day.

I don't encounter any muddiness between colors, but that may be because I am so pale. Highlight shades tend to disappear on me because again, I'm super pale. I especially love the pink/plum shades in the middle row. My sensitive skin doesn't react at all to these and even with shadow primer, they wash off just fine with a makeup remover. No raccoon eyes. This palette ticks all the boxes and gets nearly daily use.

on 5/11/2016 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I debated over this for a long time. I finally caved and returned it after one week. I tried for 7 solid days to make this work. I loved the colors of these matte shadows but they are shockingly hard and poorly pigmented. The darkest colors go on like medium shades - very little color pay off. My brushes barely made a dent in the shadows after one week. I was expecting the same quality as the Urban Decay Naked Basics palette and I was extremely disappointed. This seemed like a good value but it's worth nothing when the shadows are this difficult to work with. The shades are duped on a number of sites with MAC shadows so I will try to build parts of this palette that way......not to mention that I have many of the shades already. Very disappointing.

on 1/29/2016 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I ordered this because I'd heard good reviews on it. Looking at swatches online, to be honest, I didn't think I'd use this *that* much. However, this has now replaced my usual Too Faced Chocolate Bar palettes as an everyday palette. Surprisingly, this has become my favorite palette in my collection!

Packaging, whilst plastic, is very sturdy and travel friendly. The huge mirror is a great addition. Price wise it's not very cheap (around £34 in the UK) but I think the quality is comparable to my UD and TF palettes so worth it.

I'm a neutral NC20 with green eyes and the shades are so flattering. I love matte shadows (only use shimmer for my inner corner highlight) so an all matte palette is right up my alley. The highlight shades barely show up on my skin tone because I'm pretty fair, but they are not chalky. My favourite shades are Force of Nature (nude light brown), Natural Beauty (a pink-mauve brown),Wanderer (light slightly camel brown), Caregiver (soft pink) and Best Friend (mid-toned purple). The dark Browns are also really nice...because I'm fair a lot of Browns tend to look too harsh for daytime but these are fine.

I find the shadows to be pigmented, blend easily and last all day on my lids ontop of eye primer. I like that the palette is pretty neutral, neither too warm nor too cool. My go to everyday look is supermom as a brow highlight, force of nature in the crease and lightly washed onto the lid, a little natural beauty to deepen the crease, best friend on the outer v, and multi-tasker on the lower lash line. I then use MAC vanilla pigment as an inner corner highlight. Perfect everyday neutral eye.

on 1/11/2016 6:39:00 PM

I am obsessed with this palette! I was very unsure about buying it just because it is ALL matte, with no shimmery shades at all. I usually don't wear all matte looks, just because I like a little shimmer on my eyes, but this palette has changed my view on it.

The packaging is awesome, to start with. It closes and opens easily and I like that I can travel with the palette because it has a snap close. It also has a huge mirror on the inside of the palette, which most palettes don't have and I love that it does!

I am a fair skinned person and I usually don't use darker shades on my eyes, just because sometimes they look odd against my light skin. All the shades in this palette look wonderful on my skin. There are warmer shades and cooler shades, which is awesome because I like using both tones when doing my eyes. They are super pigmented and blend so easily. I was afraid they wouldn't blend but they do so so well!

This is totally worth the splurge. I create matte looks from the palette and I also use them with shimmer shades from other palettes and what not. I would definitely recommend this for sure, and am even going to buy the 2nd tartelette palette, because I love this one so much!

As much as I really wanted this palette and I do really like it, I wouldn't repurchase as I didnt find the shades of colours that varied, they are just very similar for me and not much I can do with them to create several looks. The eyeshadows themselves are really pigmented and last a good amount of time. We don't have a store that sells Tarte Cosmetics in the UK so I ended up paying 50GBP for this from Amazon so wasn't worth it in my books.

Beautiful shadows, easy to blend, pigmented and lasts all day. I absolutely love this pallette.

on 11/28/2015 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Esspensive but so, so worth it. I adore purple and all the shades go wonderfully together. It's definitely not one you can create vastly different looks with, but it has awesome transition shades and all blend perfectly. I was worried they were a bit chalky at first but with a primer on my lid they all show up great.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

For reference, I am fair and cool toned. (NW10-15)

I was VERY disappointed with the Tartelette palette. After hitting pan on my Lorac pro and UD naked 2 palette, I was looking for something new. On a trip to Ulta, I spotted the tarte palette. It looked gorgeous in the store, and all neutral matte colors, exactly what I was looking for!

Until the first time I tried to use it. The lightest colors just don't show up very well. Force of nature and wanderer are borderline orange on my skin. Once I started playing around with the different shades, I realized there just wasn't very much variety in the palette. The looks all ended up looking the same. The variance in shades just isn't there, making the looks appear almost monochromatic and muddy on the eye.

The major issue here is blending. The colors are very difficult to blend. I tried with a few different brushes, and to achieve a proper blend is nearly impossible. A lot of people are comparing this to the Lorac pro palette - the quality or texture on the tartelette is nowhere near as good. The tartelette colors are borderline dusty.

The lasting power is very poor - 100% would need a primer with this palette.

For your money, look elsewhere. This was a return for me. I am going to get the Lorac pro matte palette, or the naked basics 2 instead. (much better quality matte eyeshadows)

There are quite a few glowing reviews, but I think this brand seems to have a bit of a cult following, and people who love the brand will overlook certain things, because they love the brand so much.