Tarte TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Tarte TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows
TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte EyeshadowsTARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte EyeshadowsTARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows

3.1

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I love this palette! Neutrals perfect for work and everyday wear, in my opinion this palette is a staple necessity. Although I do not wear a bold and extra glam look. This palette and easily be smoked and out to look naturally bold. I have no problems with creasing, I get beautiful color payoff. Simply said, this is my main palette day to day

I was looking for a matte palette better suited for me than the Viseart palette, which proved to be overall too warm for me. I prefer a soft, natural look. The Naked Basics 2 is more suited for my complexion, but the palette is limited in looks and I've used much better formulas, so I no longer enjoy using the palette. I considered the Kat von eye contour palette, and while the eyeshadows are beautifully pigmented, I thought the options were a bit limited. Enter the Tarte Tartelette. All matte, super pigmented, and easily bendable. This product does have major kick back, and I mean MAJOR. I always tap my brush before applying because if you don't, you have fall out everywhere.

The looks I achieve are soft and very complimentary to my mature eyes. The "warm" selection isn't too warm for me, which has been an issue for most of the palettes that hit the market. I've seen some YouTube videos where, if you wanted, you could build these up for a very dramatic look. Since that look isn't my cup of tea, I appreciate the subtle and pretty look this palette gives me.

For reference, I have NW20 complexion with green eyes and dark hair. The lightest shades really do not show up, but as my base layer it evens the lid out nicely without dumping pigment. Again, I prefer subtle, soft and pretty eye looks, and this is what this palette offers. Along with versatility in looks, this palette is a winner for me.

on 3/7/2016 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

UPDATE: As much as I loved this palette at first, I began to notice that by the end of the day, the different color combos morphed into the same shade--tan/brown. This is disappointing, especially with the plum shades that looked so beautiful when first applied.

I've never had trouble using a product because it's too good. These matte shadows are so incredibly smooth, pigmented, and buttery, that I had trouble using them at first. I love matte shadows for my aging eyes, and when I bought these, I expected them to be a little chalky and require a lot of work to apply and blend. I like a subtle, polished look, so I figured it that it would take few swipes, and voilà! These are so pigmented, that a few swipes left me with a lot of color on the lids. For me, applying these matte shadows required practice. These shadows allow me to create a subtle smokey eye that looks office appropriate, without highlighting my lines and wrinkles. I could wear two, three, or four shadows and not look over done or ridiculous.

These shadows require a light hand and minimal blending to achieve my desired looks. I am very cool-toned, and I have used every color in this palette. Usually, there are colors that are too warm for me, but the warmer colors are still neutral enough for me to wear.

This is hands down my HG palette. I would repurchase if I ever ran out. I replaced three palettes with just this one. I wish more companies would realize that matte eyeshadows are in demand, and would invest in matte palettes.

on 2/9/2016 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I LOVE THIS PALETTE!
Honestly, I was debating buying this for so long because I bought the first naked palette only a month previously to getting this and am working on filling up my own Mac pro palette as wel, so I didn't feel like I needed more eyeshadow for a while. Also the fact that it quite hard to get hold of Tarte where I live ( the UK in case anyone was wondering), but I found this on QVC online and finally decided to buy it after much deliberation.

I bought this because of the fact that they are all matte because most of the other shadows I own are a shimmer finish. And as my first Tarte purchase I wasn't disappointed. I will agree with other users that these shadows are a bit dry but for me that doesn't take away from the pigmentation and blendiblity. I personally think that the shade range in this palette is lovely. I love that I can do such a variety of looks as well, both everyday and more dramatic looks. I can use the whole palette for one look, or use one or two among others. I have worn this palette one way or another every day that I've worn makeup, I think its pretty versatile I also think that the shades suit my skin tone well too.

The mirror is a really decent size and the way the palette is displayed is really aesthetically pleasing too. I also like that it is smaller size compared to other palettes.

I am looking forward to trying other products that Tarte has to offer because this is so good.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

One of my most disappointing purchases, not worth the hype. Originally I wanted to buy the Too faced Natural Matte Palette as a matte eyeshadow palette, but it was sold out so I settled for the Tartelette palette, thinking it should be good due to the internet/youtube hype.

The browns are great for my eyebrows, wanderer is a good contour, and the white shade is a good matte highlight. The black shade I can use as an eyeliner.

But that's just it. I can't use it on my eyes because it fades. Its the only eyeshadow I've ever tried that fades on me. At the end of the day, the shadow is still there, but its faded to look not like eyeshadow on my eyes, but like I have terrible pigmented eyelids (considering I'm quite fair). The shades also look muddy to me, and that is arguably fixed with less blending. But that's not quite possible, as the eyeshadows are hard to blend and colour is not always even.

There are tons of other eyeshadows that look better on me (chocolate bar, UD palettes, stila palettes). If not for the money I saved up to pay for the palette, I would've already given it away.

Next time I'll be patient and wait for the Too Faced Natural Matte palette to be restocked.

on 3/25/2015 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Whenever I see an all Matte palette I have to have it. I'm not the biggest fan of Tarte eye shadows. I purchased the Be Mattenificent palette when it was relesed and returned it with in a week. I actually like the Tartelette Palette and since I cashed in my Ulta points for this I only ended up paying like $4. While I do enjoy using it would I repurchase if I lost it tomorrow probably not. The shadows IMO are pigment, but don't have an over load of pigment which doesn't really bother me. Sometimes when a matte dark Brown or black has to much pigment they could be hard to work with if your just starting out or even a seasoned vet. I actually display this on my vanity because I like the packing. It has an awesome USABLE mirror and when I travel this is the palette I normally bring since It does have a good mirror. Even though I already own these colors in my collection I still make use of this palette.

on 2/24/2015 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

I'm glad that there are matte palettes out there for us who are tired of the shimmery, glittery shades. I bought this for less than it retailed at beauty.com. While I don't love it, I don't hate it either. They are not chalky, which is a plus. Nice, smooth, and buttery. No fallout. There is some dusting when I received it, but none of the shades are broken. Some of the shades in the second column don't show up on my lids. I have to pack on natural beauty, it is the same shade as my eyelids. The two browns in the same column is just too light. One pulls a bit orange. The darker colors are just fine and I use them more often. The first column of the light shades are o.k, they are soft and buttery, they show up on my lids. I don't use the ivory or the black shade.

Packaging is heavy and should I say gaudy? It is hard to open. The shade names are written in gold and hard to see if you are putting them on in a lighted area.

I hate palettes that have black and white shades. I don't use them. How about a dark green or a dark blue or teal shade for those of us who like to line their eyes with color? How about a light peachy shade instead of ivory?

I also mixed this with my Lorac Pro palette (the first one - I reached pan on 6 colors!) for more variety.

Update: I had set this aside during the summer. I pulled it out this fall and found that the top and bottom rows worked better for the fall and coming winter. The only other problem I have with this, is that some of the darker browns have alot of fallout and the lighter browns faded on my lids even with Fergie's primer.

Update 12/16/16. Threw this out. The shadows were getting hard and gritty. And I fell out of love with it. Tarte's matte shadows are just blah on me.

on 1/18/2015 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I'm re-writing my prior review for this product because I've been using it for a long time now and I have more thorough opinions than I did when I wrote my original review. I originally gave this 5 stars but I've bumped it down to 4. I still love it, but I have a couple complaints.

First, the things I love about it though: The packaging is GREAT. Convenient mirror, very slim, cute gold overlay, awesome layout (I prefer the more square shape to the long skinny palettes for mirror usage purposes). The organization of the shadows in this palette is really nice too. I like that it's set up essentially in 3 different quads with different tones. I also really like that this palette is more cool-toned. I know thats something that a lot of people DON'T like about it, but with sooooo many warm palettes on the market right now, I really enjoy the coolness of this one (esp since I happen to be a taupey shadow kinda gal).

Now, the things I DON'T love about it: it's not super pigmented, not that it's bad, it's just not as pigmented as say, the kat von d shadows. also, a lot of the shadows in this palette seem a little too similar. For example, dreamer and multi-tasker look almost the same (multi-tasker is a LITTLE darker), free spirit and super mom look almost the same (free spirit is a little more yellow toned), and force of nature and wanderer are fairly similar too.

Overall, a good palette: great packaging and layout, decent pigmentation, but could use some greater diversity in the shade-selection