Tarte TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Tarte TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows
TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte EyeshadowsTARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte EyeshadowsTARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows

on 7/27/2017 9:00:00 PM

This is surprisingly a good standard matte palette. I heard about Tarte online and had to pick it up when it came to Australia. At first I thought these shades are so bland, but using them for 2 years now I have grown to love it.

I love creating every day work friendly looks or use them as a base for my other shadows as I find these last all day and don't crease, muddy or fade during the day. They are the only shadows that don't change on my eye with or without primer (and I have oily lids).

I would definitely recommend this and must admit have been loving Tarte's recent palettes as well.

Couple years ago this would be my HG palette, but since there are so many better palettes available at Tarte today - I think that unless you only use neutral/cool-toned matte shadows - you won't really be able to create a variety of looks with this palette alone.

Quality-wise this palette is fab; almost every single shade here is pigmented, blendable and buttery smooth. They last a very good time on the eye and are not too powdery. You can always read more about application and see swatches in a separate review here ( http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2017/02/16/Tartelette-Exposed ). All in all, I think it is nice, but if I were to choose between this and their Tartelette in Bloom or even Tarteist Pro - I would get one of the latter ones, because they do have some fun shimmers in them too, which allows you to be tht extra bit creative. If you like warm eyeshadows, again - go for Bloom.

Since we can't buy Tarte in Europe I asked my friend to bring it for me. Disappointingly I really don't care for it much. The shadows aren't very pigmented, especially the lighter ones. I was hoping that I can use this palette as a good base for many different makeup looks, but I barely use it at all. I feel that you can do much more getting some good quality single neutral shadows in the colors that fit your skin tone than this palette. I would never repurchase it or recommend it to a friend.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I bought this hoping that it would be as good as tarte' s limited edition "mattenificent"palette. Unfortunately I found the shadows to be alot less pigmented and alot of the lighter shades to be super similar. I prefer creamy, slightly more powdery shadows like the lorac pro palette or abh modern renaissance. The shadows in this palette are just kind of hard. I knocked off an extra star for the price (it just isn't 5x better than something 5x cheaper..)

This palette leans purpley, which is nice on brown eyes, but I wish there were some warm browns. If you're picking between this and the tartelette in bloom palette, I'd recommend the in bloom palette because it's way more pigmented and has a few shimmer shades too.

on 12/14/2016 1:09:00 PM

This is the most complete review I've ever written because at this point I have already gotten rid of this. It says 12 months on the back of the package and I kept it 18 months, no smells, just that tarte doesn't use preservatives so I don't like to keep their products too long. I loved this when I got it; I was also still pretty new to makeup at the time.
The pros: Pretty packaging, one amazing shade in the purple row, easy to use, blend ok.
Cons:The pigmentation is not so great, which I feel is a good thing for a beginner. The purple row is the only one I ever use as the other two rows are so boring and basic and, there may be a place for them in your collection but not in mine.
Now that I've replaced my HG crease shade which I found in this palette (the second lightest purple-y one) with MUFE's artist shadow in M546, I'm finding a whole new dimension of blendability and pigmentation which is far above and beyond this. They are gorgeous. So I'm done with tarte eyeshadows. They are good for beginners who need soft pigmentation and pretty packaging and "value", and you do get a range of shades to try and find your HG from; but I want quality and I want that precise perfect shade now.
I know I mentioned it's good for a beginner but you can find that in a much cheaper offering at the drugstore. It's not worth going mid-range prices for drugstore quality, which is what this is to me.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really loved this palette ! Alot of basic colors in and blending tones!!! Not powder not creamy it's semi of both! So light and stays long on! The only problem i dono shy i face is with the darkest purple color in the palette ! It's dry a bit that it makes patches when i apply if, tried different brushes and my hands but still facinf the same issus don't know why! Over all! One of the. Best eyeshadows i have ever had! Worth it

on 8/11/2016 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

I had to return this.

The positives of this palette are the following: sturdy, attractive case, nice sized mirror, the appearance of beautiful, matte shades. Testing the display palette at Sephora resulted in buttery colours on my fingers.

However, I could not get this to work for me. As stated in previous reviews, once applied onto the eyelid, the colours are just too similar to each other and no gradients, shading and distinction of colours could show up on my Indian skin. The shades I used all turned into a mauve-gray muddy mess. And while I readily admit that I am definitely no eye shadow expert, I've had other palettes work for me much better.

I can see how and why other reviewers might like it - it is completely matte, and the colours look flattering in the package. I personally couldn't get it to do what I wanted, so back it went.

on 8/2/2016 10:27:00 PM

I purchased this palette recently and am so in love with it. First of all, the packaging is super pretty and the palette is slim, and small, therefore better for travelling with. I also like the fact that the palette contains a good sized mirror. As a hoarder of eyeshadow palettes, this is up there with one of my favourites as the shades are all so durable and are easy to use to create a wide range of different looks. The pigmentation is excellent, whilst also being super blendable; I am a face-before-eyes kinda girl, so I like to use shadows that aren't 'chalky' to create a lot of fall out and I had no problems with this when using this palette. The shadows are everything you need. I like to use the shade 'free spirit' to set my eye primer, the shade 'super mom' is great for highlighting inner corners and the brow bone and I found that the shade 'force of nature' is a great transitional shade, very similar to Make-Up Geeks 'peach smoothie'. Overall I love this palette and would definitely recommend it to a beginner, someone who travels a lot and doesn't like to take that many palettes, or just someone who is looking into investing a versatile palette :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

This is an excellent basics palette. Whenever I need a basic shade, it's there. My only black shadow I own is in this palette. I use the darkest brown and black to set liner. Supermom is my perfect highlight. It has two great blending shades, force of nature and wanderer. I love to use force of nature on the lid with black liner, such a great one shade look. And the purple row adds interest. The shade choice is great for a basics matte palette.
I do take off a point for the quality. These are ok shadows but not the best. They are dusty and can be patchy. The purples get a little muddy. The grey shadow is probably the worst shadow on the palette. But it's workable and a great workhorse palette. If you are looking for an interesting palette, this isn't it. Check out the in bloom version if you want interesting. If you want Naked basics but bigger and Kat Von D shade and light isn't your thing, this is a good choice.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a pretty great palette, the shadows are all matte which is pretty handy as well them all having really nice pigmentation. The only downside is that because these shadows blend so well, you sometimes have to layer them up as too much blending will cause fading in the pigmentation.