Tarte TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows

Filtered by hair type : Curly
Tarte TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows
TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte EyeshadowsTARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte EyeshadowsTARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows

4.2

on 12/10/2016 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Guys, if you want some very drab neutrals in one palette, this is for you. There is nothing special about this palette. This just doesn't have the wow factor for me. I like a bit of shimmer. I think it softens your look as you age. So, the Tartelette in Bloom was a better choice. So, this ones going back. It's too expensive to sit unused in my drawer.

on 9/18/2016 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

I do like this palette, though I agree that I can't do an eye look using it alone, given it has only mattes and I don't like matte-only looks. However, given my age, I have been collecting more mattes than before--especially darker/crease shades; mattes work better for that now that my eyes are beginning to "droop" a little :-( These are good quality workhorse mattes, and the shades are well-coordinated. I also like that they are more neutral/cool, as it seems many such matte/everyday palettes are warmer and don't work as well for me.

While they might not be as blendable as some, I've found them reasonably easy to work with and to create a flattering look--everything but a pop of shimmer or bright color, but I've got BUTTLOADS of that--good coordinating crease and transition shades, plus the lighter base shades. I also have sensitive eyes and these don't bother them.

I always use some sort of eye primer. The primer I use seems to have more to do with how long they last. (I have different primers; if I want shadows to last 12+ hours, I use Wnw; but it's drying and I can't use it all the time. So some of the other primers I have don't last as long, but don't dry out my eye area.)

on 1/29/2016 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I ordered this because I'd heard good reviews on it. Looking at swatches online, to be honest, I didn't think I'd use this *that* much. However, this has now replaced my usual Too Faced Chocolate Bar palettes as an everyday palette. Surprisingly, this has become my favorite palette in my collection!

Packaging, whilst plastic, is very sturdy and travel friendly. The huge mirror is a great addition. Price wise it's not very cheap (around £34 in the UK) but I think the quality is comparable to my UD and TF palettes so worth it.

I'm a neutral NC20 with green eyes and the shades are so flattering. I love matte shadows (only use shimmer for my inner corner highlight) so an all matte palette is right up my alley. The highlight shades barely show up on my skin tone because I'm pretty fair, but they are not chalky. My favourite shades are Force of Nature (nude light brown), Natural Beauty (a pink-mauve brown),Wanderer (light slightly camel brown), Caregiver (soft pink) and Best Friend (mid-toned purple). The dark Browns are also really nice...because I'm fair a lot of Browns tend to look too harsh for daytime but these are fine.

I find the shadows to be pigmented, blend easily and last all day on my lids ontop of eye primer. I like that the palette is pretty neutral, neither too warm nor too cool. My go to everyday look is supermom as a brow highlight, force of nature in the crease and lightly washed onto the lid, a little natural beauty to deepen the crease, best friend on the outer v, and multi-tasker on the lower lash line. I then use MAC vanilla pigment as an inner corner highlight. Perfect everyday neutral eye.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Great wearable shades and has a huge mirror which is a plus for me. The compact is cute and the shadows are easy to blend. Three of the lightest shades barely show up on me which is a bummer. You definitely need an eye primer with these shadows. The rest are perfect for daily looks. Not sure if the price is completely justified, but overall it is a good solid palette. A safe bet for work or school.

on 9/8/2015 6:49:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I am in love with this eyeshadow palette!
I purchased mine from Sephora right after it came out. I am starting to go more for matte shades and avoid glitter/shimmer for an every day eye look. This palette helps me do just that!
The packaging is beautiful and sleek, and the mirror is 100% functional, which is a big plus.
There is one shade in this palette that matches my skin tone exactly, which I love, and many other shades that can be put together to make a dramatic or natural eye look.
The shadows themselves are soft and only slightly powdery. They are pretty easy to blend, as well.
I would recommend!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Good quality. Worth every penny.