Tarte TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Tarte TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows
TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte EyeshadowsTARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte EyeshadowsTARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows

3.7

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I love this palette! Neutrals perfect for work and everyday wear, in my opinion this palette is a staple necessity. Although I do not wear a bold and extra glam look. This palette and easily be smoked and out to look naturally bold. I have no problems with creasing, I get beautiful color payoff. Simply said, this is my main palette day to day

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I think this is a great palette, not a "omg you gotta go get this now" palette, but still worthy if you want to add something to your stash that you can rely on. All of the colors are workable, with a good range of neutral pink & brown based hues, and I have not skipped over any, something that is a rarity for me. I've used it quite a bit and feel at this point I can get a good eye look if I keep it simple and use eye primer, and have been getting 11+ hours of wear with no noticeable fading or creasing.
The palette is made of plastic and thin but generous in product quantity (.636 oz total, 1.5 g per pan). I wouldn't toss this loose into a bag as I fear it would easily crack - I have seen a few youtube reviews where the mirror is broken, so it's not going to withstand a lot of abuse. It smells strongly of vanilla, which I like. The shadows are firm but smooth, and go on with no patchiness and blend out with little effort. I'm not getting any fallout or excess mess in the palette with my brushes, even when digging in to pack some color.
I have the best luck and no muddiness if I work from a row from left to right, using the darkest as a liner. I've also tried to use this in combination with the tartelette in bloom palette, but the colors got muddy and I'm a one palette kind of gal anyways. I still need to give it more time to be 100% convinced I would buy this again, but with the color range I feel out of all of my matte palettes this gives the best selection of colors, and I'm happy I have it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

To begin, in an eyes shadow I look for buttery consistency with high pigmentation that lasts all day and blends easily. Now let's get into the product.

Pigmentation and Consistency -
These eye shadows are not very pigmented. Some of the shades can be built up fairly easily, but others will not build up at all. The lighter shades are fairly pigmented and have a good consistency, as well as the black and the midtone brown shades. My issue is mostly with the purple shades which make up about half of this palette. They are very chalky (as are most of the other shades), and end up looking very muddy. When you blend these shades together they all end up looking the same, a muddy grey brown shade. I'm able to create a nice look, but it's not easy.

Longevity & Blendability -
These shades last a decent amount of time, but eventually fade into nothingness within 8 hours of wear. Again, if you are able to build these shadows up to their true colors they all begin to fade into the same greyish brown shade. If you are looking for a grey/brown pallet this may be perfect for you. None of the shades blend particularly easily, and can look patchy and inconsistent depending on which color you are using. The transition shades do not blend well at all nor do the darker shades.

Price -
I got this palette as a gift so I can't comment too much about price. However after looking this up I found out this palette was $45. For the price I would not recommend this product at all. There are so many other brands out there that sell eye shadow palettes for similar prices that are much better quality. The Too Faced and Lorac palettes are similarly priced (if not cheaper) and will treat you much better. The naked palettes are $54 and give 10x the quality and pigmentation of this product. Invest your money elsewhere.

Final thoughts -
As I said previously, I have been able to create decent looks with this palette but it takes a lot of time and effort. I would not recommend this palette if you are looking to create a quick and easy look in the morning or on the go. The lighter shades are nice, they blend well and are fairly pigmented. The rest of the shades are chalky, patchy and muddy. The pigmentation is not there for the majority of these shades. If you are looking for a beautiful purple palette this is not it. If natural ingredients are important to you, I'm sure there are other brands who can provide that with a better result. Perhaps other Tarte shadows or palettes are better than this one. I love Tarte as a brand overall, but this was a miss for me.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really loved this palette ! Alot of basic colors in and blending tones!!! Not powder not creamy it's semi of both! So light and stays long on! The only problem i dono shy i face is with the darkest purple color in the palette ! It's dry a bit that it makes patches when i apply if, tried different brushes and my hands but still facinf the same issus don't know why! Over all! One of the. Best eyeshadows i have ever had! Worth it

My HG eyeshadow palette. All matte, all gorgeous colors, all great on my pale, cool-toned skin and deep-set, hooded eyes. Take note, those with hooded eyes - matte shadows like these will be great for you.

The formula is different from conventional shimmer/satin eyeshadows but I find these mattes to be easier to pick up and more pigmented than those in my UD Naked2 Basics palette (which is another good one if you like cool tones, just not nearly as comprehensive). This stuff also stays put on my lids throughout a 9-10+ hour day with little to no fading. Blendability is not quite as good as I've found with non-matte shadows, but I'll take good color payoff and staying power over better blendability. I don't have time to touch up my shadow during the day.

I don't encounter any muddiness between colors, but that may be because I am so pale. Highlight shades tend to disappear on me because again, I'm super pale. I especially love the pink/plum shades in the middle row. My sensitive skin doesn't react at all to these and even with shadow primer, they wash off just fine with a makeup remover. No raccoon eyes. This palette ticks all the boxes and gets nearly daily use.

on 5/11/2016 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I debated over this for a long time. I finally caved and returned it after one week. I tried for 7 solid days to make this work. I loved the colors of these matte shadows but they are shockingly hard and poorly pigmented. The darkest colors go on like medium shades - very little color pay off. My brushes barely made a dent in the shadows after one week. I was expecting the same quality as the Urban Decay Naked Basics palette and I was extremely disappointed. This seemed like a good value but it's worth nothing when the shadows are this difficult to work with. The shades are duped on a number of sites with MAC shadows so I will try to build parts of this palette that way......not to mention that I have many of the shades already. Very disappointing.

on 4/29/2016 1:44:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I'm so torn about this palette. I think it's beautiful and sleek, and contains just about every shade I would need to do a matte eye look with neutral shades, from the most natural to the over-the-top dramatic.

For the most part, the quality of the shadows is really good, and I mostly only have one complaint (it's a big one though!): the darker shades in the palette are a huuuuuge pain to blend. Like, I can spend FOREVER trying to blend out any of the shades in the right column, and the best I ever get is "oh well, that will have to do". And by the time I do manage to blend those shades out enough that they don't look harsh, the whole look gets that muddy/bruised-looking effect that just isn't cute.

I'm going to keep the palette and continue to use it because the lighter shades are all pretty stellar and the packaging is great for travel; however, I'm kinda disappointed overall and I wouldn't repurchase this palette unless Tarte reformulated some of the deeper shades.

on 3/28/2016 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

My first matte eyeshadow palette and I feel a little underwhelmed. Some shades (*ahem*, Caregiver I'm looking at you!) are way too powdery and a bad idea for those who have sensitive eyes or wear contacts. Personally find Best Friend super hard to blend. They also make my eyes look a little bruised (along with Dreamer and Force of Nature), but that might just be my skin tone. The other shades are alright (Natural Beauty and Colour Player are great!) but I feel that it takes forever to build these colours to a desirable shade. Just saw Tartlette's In Bloom palette and now I really wished I bought that instead... 3/5

on 3/7/2016 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

UPDATE: As much as I loved this palette at first, I began to notice that by the end of the day, the different color combos morphed into the same shade--tan/brown. This is disappointing, especially with the plum shades that looked so beautiful when first applied.

I've never had trouble using a product because it's too good. These matte shadows are so incredibly smooth, pigmented, and buttery, that I had trouble using them at first. I love matte shadows for my aging eyes, and when I bought these, I expected them to be a little chalky and require a lot of work to apply and blend. I like a subtle, polished look, so I figured it that it would take few swipes, and voilà! These are so pigmented, that a few swipes left me with a lot of color on the lids. For me, applying these matte shadows required practice. These shadows allow me to create a subtle smokey eye that looks office appropriate, without highlighting my lines and wrinkles. I could wear two, three, or four shadows and not look over done or ridiculous.

These shadows require a light hand and minimal blending to achieve my desired looks. I am very cool-toned, and I have used every color in this palette. Usually, there are colors that are too warm for me, but the warmer colors are still neutral enough for me to wear.

This is hands down my HG palette. I would repurchase if I ever ran out. I replaced three palettes with just this one. I wish more companies would realize that matte eyeshadows are in demand, and would invest in matte palettes.

on 2/14/2016 5:53:00 AM

Love this palette so much! Definitely a new favourite! I got this as a birthday present a month ago and haven't stopped reaching for it since. I love how the shades are all so buttery and pigmented and apply so smoothly. Great to buy if you don't have a nude matte palette already. Even though I have a nude matte eye shadow palette, I strictly bought this for the middle mauvey/purple shades because I didn't have those in my collection yet. But once I got the palette I realized each shade is a bit different than the shadows I already have, so this whole palette was worth it to me. I'm not gonna lie I thought the palette was going to be bigger for some reason, I think because it looks bigger on YouTube reviews haha. But still the shadows are a good size so no complaints here. My current HG and staple palette!!