Tarte TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Tarte TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows
TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte EyeshadowsTARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte EyeshadowsTARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows

3.5

on 9/9/2017 12:36:00 PM

I have used this palette in the past but not recently since I have acquired other ones I much prefer. Although the shadows are high quality and there is a good variety of looks (I particularly like how they are grouped in 3 rows by color family) I find on me they are not that flattering (I'm NW 20 with blue eyes for reference). The colors end up looking rather muddy and flat, especially by the end of the day. I find I much prefer the Too Faced Natural Matte palette for a variety of warm and cool neutral shades or the Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette for warmer looks with the option of some shimmer.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I brought this looking for more matte shades but the colour payoff isn't great, even on my very pale skin. I still use this palette for transition shades but overall wouldn't recommend, especially for the price.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I bought this hoping that it would be as good as tarte' s limited edition "mattenificent"palette. Unfortunately I found the shadows to be alot less pigmented and alot of the lighter shades to be super similar. I prefer creamy, slightly more powdery shadows like the lorac pro palette or abh modern renaissance. The shadows in this palette are just kind of hard. I knocked off an extra star for the price (it just isn't 5x better than something 5x cheaper..)

This palette leans purpley, which is nice on brown eyes, but I wish there were some warm browns. If you're picking between this and the tartelette in bloom palette, I'd recommend the in bloom palette because it's way more pigmented and has a few shimmer shades too.

on 1/2/2017 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Ok firstly I've given the price 3 because to ship it to the UK was very expensive! The palette is similar to Naked palettes so I'm used to the price of the actual product. So the price rating was mostly for shipping to the UK.

Packaging - Very tacky purple and gold box. I personally like minimalist packaging like MAC or NARS but that's just me. For an expensive palette, the box is plasticky and a little underwhelming for how much money I paid! The mirror is nice and large but it's all too plastic and cheap for me. Other popular palettes have better packaging for sure.

Pigmentation - You won't see an immediate colour you need to build! This means these aren't very pigmented, this may be because of its natural ingredients? It can be a little tedious really packing on a base colour for ages and blending for ages with a colour you want a lot of intensity from! The intensity of these get a 2/5 from me

Colour range - Beautiful colour range! I saw this on Instagram a year ago and I fell in love with it! I had to have it and when it came it didn't disappoint in terms of colour variation. I like that each row horizontally can be used together to make classic looks of one colour but different shades. For those who have given this a bad review because all the shades are matte.. the point of it is to be a matte palette. I bought this for mattes because owning naked palettes is making me tired of shimmers. Buy this if you love matte and are confident it doesn't bore you!

Usage - It takes a little longer to blend with these, it's not as smooth as a MAC or urban decay shadow. I think many lovely looks can be made with this palette on its own! Mattes can be stunning and classy. If you want to use other eyeshadows it works well with them too. I did use the purples with a shimmery pink look and it all blended well.

Overall, I like this palette, it's classic mattes and it's beautiful!

Pros - nice range of colours, finally and all matte palette! some of us don't like shimmer, big mirror, firm case, lots of transition shades!!

Cons - A little hard to blend, not very pigmented, tacky packaging and looks a little cheap for the price it is!

on 11/12/2016 10:07:00 PM

Idk.. maybe since I usually only like matte in my crease, i'm not such a big fan of this. But I started to build my makeup collection about a year ago and quickly reached for this and the tartlette in bloom. The packaging is pretty and easy to open and close. Unfortunately it somehow dropped out of my stuff and one shadow shattered- the black. I have tons of black eyeshadows and never use black so I wasn't upset about it. The purples are pretty but I usually don't use a lot of color and I don;t know what id use the light pink for. I feel like the light shades are just TOO light, I wish one was more on the same page as wnw creme brulee. I want to love "force of nature" and "wanderer" so bad because I usually use soft browns in my crease but every time I dip my brush in them, they come off SO orangey and warm. They look cool in the pan so this disappoints me a lot. I don't hate warm tones by any means but I prefer cool, light matte browns on a daily basis and warm tones only sometimes when I want to switch it up. The dark browns also go unused because I don't usually need/want dark brown for my looks. Idk, it's not necessarily a bad palette, I just personally dont have a lot of use for it. Which sucks since it was $45. BUT maybe one day i'll have a look where i'll need a matte dark brown or maybe i'll want to try an all matte eye and i'll have this already in my stash to reach for and use!

on 8/11/2016 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

I had to return this.

The positives of this palette are the following: sturdy, attractive case, nice sized mirror, the appearance of beautiful, matte shades. Testing the display palette at Sephora resulted in buttery colours on my fingers.

However, I could not get this to work for me. As stated in previous reviews, once applied onto the eyelid, the colours are just too similar to each other and no gradients, shading and distinction of colours could show up on my Indian skin. The shades I used all turned into a mauve-gray muddy mess. And while I readily admit that I am definitely no eye shadow expert, I've had other palettes work for me much better.

I can see how and why other reviewers might like it - it is completely matte, and the colours look flattering in the package. I personally couldn't get it to do what I wanted, so back it went.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

This is an excellent basics palette. Whenever I need a basic shade, it's there. My only black shadow I own is in this palette. I use the darkest brown and black to set liner. Supermom is my perfect highlight. It has two great blending shades, force of nature and wanderer. I love to use force of nature on the lid with black liner, such a great one shade look. And the purple row adds interest. The shade choice is great for a basics matte palette.
I do take off a point for the quality. These are ok shadows but not the best. They are dusty and can be patchy. The purples get a little muddy. The grey shadow is probably the worst shadow on the palette. But it's workable and a great workhorse palette. If you are looking for an interesting palette, this isn't it. Check out the in bloom version if you want interesting. If you want Naked basics but bigger and Kat Von D shade and light isn't your thing, this is a good choice.

I just purchased this palette the other day and do not regret it one bit! The colours look amazing on my super pale skin and they are all matte, which is what I prefer. They are so pretty and natural-looking. I am not an eye shadow expert, but the quality seems good to me. The palette itself is quite nice, is nice and sturdy and it contains a pretty huge mirror which is helpful during application.

on 1/12/2016 11:59:00 PM

Not my favorite palette from Tarte, the all matte palette is just unbelievably chalky. It takes way too long and way too much work to blend these out. I'd say skip this palette.

As much as I really wanted this palette and I do really like it, I wouldn't repurchase as I didnt find the shades of colours that varied, they are just very similar for me and not much I can do with them to create several looks. The eyeshadows themselves are really pigmented and last a good amount of time. We don't have a store that sells Tarte Cosmetics in the UK so I ended up paying 50GBP for this from Amazon so wasn't worth it in my books.