Tarte TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Tarte TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows
TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte EyeshadowsTARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte EyeshadowsTARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows

3.9

I was looking for a matte palette better suited for me than the Viseart palette, which proved to be overall too warm for me. I prefer a soft, natural look. The Naked Basics 2 is more suited for my complexion, but the palette is limited in looks and I've used much better formulas, so I no longer enjoy using the palette. I considered the Kat von eye contour palette, and while the eyeshadows are beautifully pigmented, I thought the options were a bit limited. Enter the Tarte Tartelette. All matte, super pigmented, and easily bendable. This product does have major kick back, and I mean MAJOR. I always tap my brush before applying because if you don't, you have fall out everywhere.

The looks I achieve are soft and very complimentary to my mature eyes. The "warm" selection isn't too warm for me, which has been an issue for most of the palettes that hit the market. I've seen some YouTube videos where, if you wanted, you could build these up for a very dramatic look. Since that look isn't my cup of tea, I appreciate the subtle and pretty look this palette gives me.

For reference, I have NW20 complexion with green eyes and dark hair. The lightest shades really do not show up, but as my base layer it evens the lid out nicely without dumping pigment. Again, I prefer subtle, soft and pretty eye looks, and this is what this palette offers. Along with versatility in looks, this palette is a winner for me.

Couple years ago this would be my HG palette, but since there are so many better palettes available at Tarte today - I think that unless you only use neutral/cool-toned matte shadows - you won't really be able to create a variety of looks with this palette alone.

Quality-wise this palette is fab; almost every single shade here is pigmented, blendable and buttery smooth. They last a very good time on the eye and are not too powdery. You can always read more about application and see swatches in a separate review here ( http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2017/02/16/Tartelette-Exposed ). All in all, I think it is nice, but if I were to choose between this and their Tartelette in Bloom or even Tarteist Pro - I would get one of the latter ones, because they do have some fun shimmers in them too, which allows you to be tht extra bit creative. If you like warm eyeshadows, again - go for Bloom.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I bought this hoping that it would be as good as tarte' s limited edition "mattenificent"palette. Unfortunately I found the shadows to be alot less pigmented and alot of the lighter shades to be super similar. I prefer creamy, slightly more powdery shadows like the lorac pro palette or abh modern renaissance. The shadows in this palette are just kind of hard. I knocked off an extra star for the price (it just isn't 5x better than something 5x cheaper..)

This palette leans purpley, which is nice on brown eyes, but I wish there were some warm browns. If you're picking between this and the tartelette in bloom palette, I'd recommend the in bloom palette because it's way more pigmented and has a few shimmer shades too.

on 12/14/2016 1:09:00 PM

This is the most complete review I've ever written because at this point I have already gotten rid of this. It says 12 months on the back of the package and I kept it 18 months, no smells, just that tarte doesn't use preservatives so I don't like to keep their products too long. I loved this when I got it; I was also still pretty new to makeup at the time.
The pros: Pretty packaging, one amazing shade in the purple row, easy to use, blend ok.
Cons:The pigmentation is not so great, which I feel is a good thing for a beginner. The purple row is the only one I ever use as the other two rows are so boring and basic and, there may be a place for them in your collection but not in mine.
Now that I've replaced my HG crease shade which I found in this palette (the second lightest purple-y one) with MUFE's artist shadow in M546, I'm finding a whole new dimension of blendability and pigmentation which is far above and beyond this. They are gorgeous. So I'm done with tarte eyeshadows. They are good for beginners who need soft pigmentation and pretty packaging and "value", and you do get a range of shades to try and find your HG from; but I want quality and I want that precise perfect shade now.
I know I mentioned it's good for a beginner but you can find that in a much cheaper offering at the drugstore. It's not worth going mid-range prices for drugstore quality, which is what this is to me.

on 11/12/2016 10:07:00 PM

Idk.. maybe since I usually only like matte in my crease, i'm not such a big fan of this. But I started to build my makeup collection about a year ago and quickly reached for this and the tartlette in bloom. The packaging is pretty and easy to open and close. Unfortunately it somehow dropped out of my stuff and one shadow shattered- the black. I have tons of black eyeshadows and never use black so I wasn't upset about it. The purples are pretty but I usually don't use a lot of color and I don;t know what id use the light pink for. I feel like the light shades are just TOO light, I wish one was more on the same page as wnw creme brulee. I want to love "force of nature" and "wanderer" so bad because I usually use soft browns in my crease but every time I dip my brush in them, they come off SO orangey and warm. They look cool in the pan so this disappoints me a lot. I don't hate warm tones by any means but I prefer cool, light matte browns on a daily basis and warm tones only sometimes when I want to switch it up. The dark browns also go unused because I don't usually need/want dark brown for my looks. Idk, it's not necessarily a bad palette, I just personally dont have a lot of use for it. Which sucks since it was $45. BUT maybe one day i'll have a look where i'll need a matte dark brown or maybe i'll want to try an all matte eye and i'll have this already in my stash to reach for and use!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really loved this palette ! Alot of basic colors in and blending tones!!! Not powder not creamy it's semi of both! So light and stays long on! The only problem i dono shy i face is with the darkest purple color in the palette ! It's dry a bit that it makes patches when i apply if, tried different brushes and my hands but still facinf the same issus don't know why! Over all! One of the. Best eyeshadows i have ever had! Worth it

on 6/25/2016 10:15:00 PM

I have tartleette in bloom 2 and this one is my second fav it has cute color nice packaging well worth the money but doesn't blend as easy as the tartelette in bloom 2 doesnt

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a pretty great palette, the shadows are all matte which is pretty handy as well them all having really nice pigmentation. The only downside is that because these shadows blend so well, you sometimes have to layer them up as too much blending will cause fading in the pigmentation.

on 5/11/2016 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I debated over this for a long time. I finally caved and returned it after one week. I tried for 7 solid days to make this work. I loved the colors of these matte shadows but they are shockingly hard and poorly pigmented. The darkest colors go on like medium shades - very little color pay off. My brushes barely made a dent in the shadows after one week. I was expecting the same quality as the Urban Decay Naked Basics palette and I was extremely disappointed. This seemed like a good value but it's worth nothing when the shadows are this difficult to work with. The shades are duped on a number of sites with MAC shadows so I will try to build parts of this palette that way......not to mention that I have many of the shades already. Very disappointing.

on 4/29/2016 1:44:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I'm so torn about this palette. I think it's beautiful and sleek, and contains just about every shade I would need to do a matte eye look with neutral shades, from the most natural to the over-the-top dramatic.

For the most part, the quality of the shadows is really good, and I mostly only have one complaint (it's a big one though!): the darker shades in the palette are a huuuuuge pain to blend. Like, I can spend FOREVER trying to blend out any of the shades in the right column, and the best I ever get is "oh well, that will have to do". And by the time I do manage to blend those shades out enough that they don't look harsh, the whole look gets that muddy/bruised-looking effect that just isn't cute.

I'm going to keep the palette and continue to use it because the lighter shades are all pretty stellar and the packaging is great for travel; however, I'm kinda disappointed overall and I wouldn't repurchase this palette unless Tarte reformulated some of the deeper shades.