Tarte TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows

Tarte TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows
TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte EyeshadowsTARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte EyeshadowsTARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows

3.9

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

loved this Palette! amazing shadows, huge mirror, love the formula, the price is a bit steep so i would buy it if you can get it on sale!
I have a couple videos up on my youtube channel "kristenlynnsloves", where I do swatches, review, looks, and first impression on this palette i will leave my links to my channel down below if you want to check it out!

My channel:

Review, swatch, and demo:

I will also have up another demo get ready with me video coming up soon! So subscribe so you don't miss it!

The first and the third rows are quite good but the pink row is a disaster. Whatever I did the shades are hard to blend and hard to build.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I love this palette! Neutrals perfect for work and everyday wear, in my opinion this palette is a staple necessity. Although I do not wear a bold and extra glam look. This palette and easily be smoked and out to look naturally bold. I have no problems with creasing, I get beautiful color payoff. Simply said, this is my main palette day to day

on 9/9/2017 12:36:00 PM

I have used this palette in the past but not recently since I have acquired other ones I much prefer. Although the shadows are high quality and there is a good variety of looks (I particularly like how they are grouped in 3 rows by color family) I find on me they are not that flattering (I'm NW 20 with blue eyes for reference). The colors end up looking rather muddy and flat, especially by the end of the day. I find I much prefer the Too Faced Natural Matte palette for a variety of warm and cool neutral shades or the Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette for warmer looks with the option of some shimmer.

on 7/27/2017 9:00:00 PM

This is surprisingly a good standard matte palette. I heard about Tarte online and had to pick it up when it came to Australia. At first I thought these shades are so bland, but using them for 2 years now I have grown to love it.

I love creating every day work friendly looks or use them as a base for my other shadows as I find these last all day and don't crease, muddy or fade during the day. They are the only shadows that don't change on my eye with or without primer (and I have oily lids).

I would definitely recommend this and must admit have been loving Tarte's recent palettes as well.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I brought this looking for more matte shades but the colour payoff isn't great, even on my very pale skin. I still use this palette for transition shades but overall wouldn't recommend, especially for the price.

I was looking for a matte palette better suited for me than the Viseart palette, which proved to be overall too warm for me. I prefer a soft, natural look. The Naked Basics 2 is more suited for my complexion, but the palette is limited in looks and I've used much better formulas, so I no longer enjoy using the palette. I considered the Kat von eye contour palette, and while the eyeshadows are beautifully pigmented, I thought the options were a bit limited. Enter the Tarte Tartelette. All matte, super pigmented, and easily bendable. This product does have major kick back, and I mean MAJOR. I always tap my brush before applying because if you don't, you have fall out everywhere.

The looks I achieve are soft and very complimentary to my mature eyes. The "warm" selection isn't too warm for me, which has been an issue for most of the palettes that hit the market. I've seen some YouTube videos where, if you wanted, you could build these up for a very dramatic look. Since that look isn't my cup of tea, I appreciate the subtle and pretty look this palette gives me.

For reference, I have NW20 complexion with green eyes and dark hair. The lightest shades really do not show up, but as my base layer it evens the lid out nicely without dumping pigment. Again, I prefer subtle, soft and pretty eye looks, and this is what this palette offers. Along with versatility in looks, this palette is a winner for me.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Couple years ago this would be my HG palette, but since there are so many better palettes available at Tarte today - I think that unless you only use neutral/cool-toned matte shadows - you won't really be able to create a variety of looks with this palette alone.

Quality-wise this palette is fab; almost every single shade here is pigmented, blendable and buttery smooth. They last a very good time on the eye and are not too powdery. You can always read more about application and see swatches in a separate review here ( http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2017/02/16/Tartelette-Exposed ). All in all, I think it is nice, but if I were to choose between this and their Tartelette in Bloom or even Tarteist Pro - I would get one of the latter ones, because they do have some fun shimmers in them too, which allows you to be tht extra bit creative. If you like warm eyeshadows, again - go for Bloom.

I am so disapointed in this palette. What drew me in initially was the beautiful packaging and the colors looked gorgeous in the case. However when applied the colors have very little pigment (even on my fair skin) and kind of look the same when applied. And when blended they all kind of blend together. I much prefer Lorac Pro Matte Palette!

Since we can't buy Tarte in Europe I asked my friend to bring it for me. Disappointingly I really don't care for it much. The shadows aren't very pigmented, especially the lighter ones. I was hoping that I can use this palette as a good base for many different makeup looks, but I barely use it at all. I feel that you can do much more getting some good quality single neutral shadows in the colors that fit your skin tone than this palette. I would never repurchase it or recommend it to a friend.