Tarte TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily
Tarte TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows
TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte EyeshadowsTARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte EyeshadowsTARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows

4.8

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I love this palette! Neutrals perfect for work and everyday wear, in my opinion this palette is a staple necessity. Although I do not wear a bold and extra glam look. This palette and easily be smoked and out to look naturally bold. I have no problems with creasing, I get beautiful color payoff. Simply said, this is my main palette day to day

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a solid matte palette. I think the question people should ask when thinking about buying this is - do I WANT a palette that's entirely mattes? If you enjoy any of the UD Nakeds, this may be a little different for you just because it lacks the shimmer shades that the UD ones have. Personally, I love using this palette while traveling. It's small and compact, plus it is built solidly and has a large, beautiful mirror. I can fit this into a small makeup bag, and I usually throw in one shimmery single with it (ex. Mac Jest, L'Oreal Amber Rush, or CoverGirl's Mink). I can get a variety of looks with those two items so I'm set for a week+ long trip. As far as the shades themselves, I love the variety of mattes you get here, whether used with a neutral shimmer shade or if I use them on their own. I find that using them on their own gives a very eye enlarging look for me because I can blend them up into the brow bone, very easily getting them to blend into nothing. The shades are well organized - the first is a warm brown-based row, the second a cool purples row, and then a more neutral row which includes taupey shades and a great matte black which, bonus, you could use as eyeliner while traveling. Overall I would purchase this again, the shadows are soft and buttery, and again, if I want my eyes to look huge, I grab this palette. I think it's a great value as well, and if you're someone that would miss shimmer, maybe check out the sequel to this palette, Tartelette In Bloom. That one includes shimmer and the mattes probably follow the (amazing) formula in this. I recommend this highly for matte lovers and even for people who want to branch out. All 12 shades in this palette are beautiful and there are no duds. Would buy again.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this palette for Christmas and I love it so much! All the colors on this palette are matte which I needed in my life haha. All of the colors are beautiful, easy to work with and have very nice pigment...super blendable. I most def recommend this palette for everyday looks natural or drastic...love it!

on 1/18/2015 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I'm re-writing my prior review for this product because I've been using it for a long time now and I have more thorough opinions than I did when I wrote my original review. I originally gave this 5 stars but I've bumped it down to 4. I still love it, but I have a couple complaints.

First, the things I love about it though: The packaging is GREAT. Convenient mirror, very slim, cute gold overlay, awesome layout (I prefer the more square shape to the long skinny palettes for mirror usage purposes). The organization of the shadows in this palette is really nice too. I like that it's set up essentially in 3 different quads with different tones. I also really like that this palette is more cool-toned. I know thats something that a lot of people DON'T like about it, but with sooooo many warm palettes on the market right now, I really enjoy the coolness of this one (esp since I happen to be a taupey shadow kinda gal).

Now, the things I DON'T love about it: it's not super pigmented, not that it's bad, it's just not as pigmented as say, the kat von d shadows. also, a lot of the shadows in this palette seem a little too similar. For example, dreamer and multi-tasker look almost the same (multi-tasker is a LITTLE darker), free spirit and super mom look almost the same (free spirit is a little more yellow toned), and force of nature and wanderer are fairly similar too.

Overall, a good palette: great packaging and layout, decent pigmentation, but could use some greater diversity in the shade-selection

Video Reviews & Tutorials