Tarte TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Tarte TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows
TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte EyeshadowsTARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte EyeshadowsTARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows

3.9

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I am a lover of almost all things Tarte. I have the Tartelette in bloom and the Tarte Pro. I bought this to add more complimentary matte shades, but I did end up returning it.

It's not bad - value wise I would definitely get this over the Naked Basics. It has a much better range and much better value. I did like the shades in this palette. The reason for return - it wasn't as good in quality as the Tartelette in Bloom and Tarte pro. I felt like it was harder to blend out and the colors didn't remain true after being on the eye for a while. They kind of grayed out after a couple hours on me. Disclaimer: I have medium skin. I feel like these would work better on pale skin. I did not have these problems with my other Tarte palettes.

The Tarte Pro has a lot of similar colors to this (and then some!). Below are the Tartelette colors and the similar Pro colors:

Free Spirit = Classic
Bombshell = Vamp
Super Mom = Vintage
Wanderer = Bold
Fashionista = Punk

A lot of those aren't exact matches, but very very close. The Tarte Pro is a little more expensive at $75.71 per ounce of product to the Tartelette's $72.32 per ounce, but it is better quality in my opinion. The Tartelette in Bloom is also fantastic and is at the same price point, but it leans more burgundy.

Not a bad palette, but I feel there are better options in the same price point out there.

on 8/11/2016 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

I had to return this.

The positives of this palette are the following: sturdy, attractive case, nice sized mirror, the appearance of beautiful, matte shades. Testing the display palette at Sephora resulted in buttery colours on my fingers.

However, I could not get this to work for me. As stated in previous reviews, once applied onto the eyelid, the colours are just too similar to each other and no gradients, shading and distinction of colours could show up on my Indian skin. The shades I used all turned into a mauve-gray muddy mess. And while I readily admit that I am definitely no eye shadow expert, I've had other palettes work for me much better.

I can see how and why other reviewers might like it - it is completely matte, and the colours look flattering in the package. I personally couldn't get it to do what I wanted, so back it went.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I'll admit it, I bought it because of how pretty it is! The colors look stunning and the packaging is beautiful. The color selection is great - but if you have very dark circles like me, it's easy to look like you have a black eye if you go overboard with the purples. It is a bit chalky, but it's not too bad.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a pretty great palette, the shadows are all matte which is pretty handy as well them all having really nice pigmentation. The only downside is that because these shadows blend so well, you sometimes have to layer them up as too much blending will cause fading in the pigmentation.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I actually bought this as a gift for my mum and helped her apply it and ended up playing with it myself. The colours are lovely, there's no denying, and the packaging is great, if a little hard to get open- but that might ease as the packaging wears. The giant mirror is really nice, but for the price I paid, I'd BETTER get a mirror. The shadows themselves, I was a little underwhelmed with. They're very dry and I had a hell of a time trying to blend them out properly and build up a non-patchy coverage with some of them. The darker colours have great pigmentation, but the lighter ones really leave something to be desired. The colour range though is great. I personally adore matte palettes, but most of mine are quite neutral, so the variation was nice. However, quality wise, Kat Von D's Shade and Light is much better as is the Naked Basics line. Shade and Light is only a dollar more than this palette, so I'd say if you're not looking for the colours included here, go for that instead.

on 1/5/2016 3:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

THIS IS MY HOLY GRAIL EYE SHADOW PALETTE (and that's saying a lot b/c I'm an eye shadow palette junkie!!) If you're into neutral mattes you're gonna love this! A kind of similar palette to this would be the Sonia Kashuk Eye on Neutral #2 Palette, which I have and love, but I did get it on sale when target was going through it's liquidation for $15. It usually retails for $20USD which converts to about $28CAD and since Canada doesn't have Target any more, us Canadians would have to buy online. With shipping costs the price would be around $35CAD, which isn't too far off from the price of the Tartelette palette $54CAD. So if you're Canadian and thinking about getting this, definitely splurge and go for it! Even if you're able to get the Sonia Kashuk one for an ok price, I would still recommend the Tartelette over it anyday. The shadows are so much more buttery and smooth, while the Sonia Kashuk shadows can be a little powdery with some colours not being as pigmented as others. This palette is organized in rows from light to dark with one row being warm neutrals, the second being mauvey purples and the third being cooler neutrals. I love how it's organized and did I mention the packaging is absolutely gorgeous?? Overall, If you're into mattes and neutrals with hints of wearable purples, GO FOR IT!!!

on 12/28/2015 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I truly love this palette. The shadows are creamy and well pigmented. I've had nothing but good experiences with Tarte Cosmetics & will carry on repurchasing. I dropped a lippy due to the price; Tarte is hard to get hold of in the UK & the p&p hikes the price up.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Great wearable shades and has a huge mirror which is a plus for me. The compact is cute and the shadows are easy to blend. Three of the lightest shades barely show up on me which is a bummer. You definitely need an eye primer with these shadows. The rest are perfect for daily looks. Not sure if the price is completely justified, but overall it is a good solid palette. A safe bet for work or school.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really like the palette!! Have been looking for good matte shadows... I like this one because it blends easily and the colors are great in this one!!! So far I'm enjoying this one. I'm older and wear contacts. All the glitters I just can't wear anymore!!! These are soft and go on smoothly!!!