Tarte TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Tarte TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows
TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte EyeshadowsTARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte EyeshadowsTARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows

3.9

on 9/9/2017 12:36:00 PM

I have used this palette in the past but not recently since I have acquired other ones I much prefer. Although the shadows are high quality and there is a good variety of looks (I particularly like how they are grouped in 3 rows by color family) I find on me they are not that flattering (I'm NW 20 with blue eyes for reference). The colors end up looking rather muddy and flat, especially by the end of the day. I find I much prefer the Too Faced Natural Matte palette for a variety of warm and cool neutral shades or the Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette for warmer looks with the option of some shimmer.

on 7/27/2017 9:00:00 PM

This is surprisingly a good standard matte palette. I heard about Tarte online and had to pick it up when it came to Australia. At first I thought these shades are so bland, but using them for 2 years now I have grown to love it.

I love creating every day work friendly looks or use them as a base for my other shadows as I find these last all day and don't crease, muddy or fade during the day. They are the only shadows that don't change on my eye with or without primer (and I have oily lids).

I would definitely recommend this and must admit have been loving Tarte's recent palettes as well.

I am so disapointed in this palette. What drew me in initially was the beautiful packaging and the colors looked gorgeous in the case. However when applied the colors have very little pigment (even on my fair skin) and kind of look the same when applied. And when blended they all kind of blend together. I much prefer Lorac Pro Matte Palette!

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I bought this hoping that it would be as good as tarte' s limited edition "mattenificent"palette. Unfortunately I found the shadows to be alot less pigmented and alot of the lighter shades to be super similar. I prefer creamy, slightly more powdery shadows like the lorac pro palette or abh modern renaissance. The shadows in this palette are just kind of hard. I knocked off an extra star for the price (it just isn't 5x better than something 5x cheaper..)

This palette leans purpley, which is nice on brown eyes, but I wish there were some warm browns. If you're picking between this and the tartelette in bloom palette, I'd recommend the in bloom palette because it's way more pigmented and has a few shimmer shades too.

on 1/2/2017 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Ok firstly I've given the price 3 because to ship it to the UK was very expensive! The palette is similar to Naked palettes so I'm used to the price of the actual product. So the price rating was mostly for shipping to the UK.

Packaging - Very tacky purple and gold box. I personally like minimalist packaging like MAC or NARS but that's just me. For an expensive palette, the box is plasticky and a little underwhelming for how much money I paid! The mirror is nice and large but it's all too plastic and cheap for me. Other popular palettes have better packaging for sure.

Pigmentation - You won't see an immediate colour you need to build! This means these aren't very pigmented, this may be because of its natural ingredients? It can be a little tedious really packing on a base colour for ages and blending for ages with a colour you want a lot of intensity from! The intensity of these get a 2/5 from me

Colour range - Beautiful colour range! I saw this on Instagram a year ago and I fell in love with it! I had to have it and when it came it didn't disappoint in terms of colour variation. I like that each row horizontally can be used together to make classic looks of one colour but different shades. For those who have given this a bad review because all the shades are matte.. the point of it is to be a matte palette. I bought this for mattes because owning naked palettes is making me tired of shimmers. Buy this if you love matte and are confident it doesn't bore you!

Usage - It takes a little longer to blend with these, it's not as smooth as a MAC or urban decay shadow. I think many lovely looks can be made with this palette on its own! Mattes can be stunning and classy. If you want to use other eyeshadows it works well with them too. I did use the purples with a shimmery pink look and it all blended well.

Overall, I like this palette, it's classic mattes and it's beautiful!

Pros - nice range of colours, finally and all matte palette! some of us don't like shimmer, big mirror, firm case, lots of transition shades!!

Cons - A little hard to blend, not very pigmented, tacky packaging and looks a little cheap for the price it is!

My HG eyeshadow palette. All matte, all gorgeous colors, all great on my pale, cool-toned skin and deep-set, hooded eyes. Take note, those with hooded eyes - matte shadows like these will be great for you.

The formula is different from conventional shimmer/satin eyeshadows but I find these mattes to be easier to pick up and more pigmented than those in my UD Naked2 Basics palette (which is another good one if you like cool tones, just not nearly as comprehensive). This stuff also stays put on my lids throughout a 9-10+ hour day with little to no fading. Blendability is not quite as good as I've found with non-matte shadows, but I'll take good color payoff and staying power over better blendability. I don't have time to touch up my shadow during the day.

I don't encounter any muddiness between colors, but that may be because I am so pale. Highlight shades tend to disappear on me because again, I'm super pale. I especially love the pink/plum shades in the middle row. My sensitive skin doesn't react at all to these and even with shadow primer, they wash off just fine with a makeup remover. No raccoon eyes. This palette ticks all the boxes and gets nearly daily use.

on 9/1/2016 8:08:00 PM

I just got this palette and started to use it and found every color is perfect for my skin tone, eye color to give me a better than natural look.

The colors are highly pigmented and go on & blend like a dream. I put the colors on this morning and 6 hrs later still look great. I've got blue eyes, olive skin & brunette hair. (mac nc35) I like this better than most of my mac eye shadows.

on 8/2/2016 10:27:00 PM

I purchased this palette recently and am so in love with it. First of all, the packaging is super pretty and the palette is slim, and small, therefore better for travelling with. I also like the fact that the palette contains a good sized mirror. As a hoarder of eyeshadow palettes, this is up there with one of my favourites as the shades are all so durable and are easy to use to create a wide range of different looks. The pigmentation is excellent, whilst also being super blendable; I am a face-before-eyes kinda girl, so I like to use shadows that aren't 'chalky' to create a lot of fall out and I had no problems with this when using this palette. The shadows are everything you need. I like to use the shade 'free spirit' to set my eye primer, the shade 'super mom' is great for highlighting inner corners and the brow bone and I found that the shade 'force of nature' is a great transitional shade, very similar to Make-Up Geeks 'peach smoothie'. Overall I love this palette and would definitely recommend it to a beginner, someone who travels a lot and doesn't like to take that many palettes, or just someone who is looking into investing a versatile palette :)

on 6/25/2016 10:15:00 PM

I have tartleette in bloom 2 and this one is my second fav it has cute color nice packaging well worth the money but doesn't blend as easy as the tartelette in bloom 2 doesnt

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I wanted to like this pallete, i really did. It has my perfect selection of matte shades you could need for a variety of looks, but it just didnt work. The colours were hard to blend and got muddy really quickly on the lid; they were chalky and powdery and especially the darker shades had a TON of fallout. I wasnt expecting this kind of quality from tarte, and since it was my first time trying their palletes, tbh i was a little let down. I returned it after 5 days of trying to make it work, but nope- the lighter shades barely show up on my skin, and when i am able to blend the shadows, they end up losing alot of their pigment and i keep having to build up , build up , build up and blend and then they end up looking muddy. The only reason i gave this one lippie is because the packaging was my favourite out of most of the palletes i have-sleek, cute, has a good sized mirror inside and closes tightly so you dont have to worry about the shades getting everywhere. Overall, i wouldnt recommend this. I dont know if i got a bad onr since most people seem to like it so much, but this just didnt work for me.