Tarte TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Tarte TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows
TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte EyeshadowsTARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte EyeshadowsTARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows

3.9

Since we can't buy Tarte in Europe I asked my friend to bring it for me. Disappointingly I really don't care for it much. The shadows aren't very pigmented, especially the lighter ones. I was hoping that I can use this palette as a good base for many different makeup looks, but I barely use it at all. I feel that you can do much more getting some good quality single neutral shadows in the colors that fit your skin tone than this palette. I would never repurchase it or recommend it to a friend.

on 12/10/2016 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Guys, if you want some very drab neutrals in one palette, this is for you. There is nothing special about this palette. This just doesn't have the wow factor for me. I like a bit of shimmer. I think it softens your look as you age. So, the Tartelette in Bloom was a better choice. So, this ones going back. It's too expensive to sit unused in my drawer.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really loved this palette ! Alot of basic colors in and blending tones!!! Not powder not creamy it's semi of both! So light and stays long on! The only problem i dono shy i face is with the darkest purple color in the palette ! It's dry a bit that it makes patches when i apply if, tried different brushes and my hands but still facinf the same issus don't know why! Over all! One of the. Best eyeshadows i have ever had! Worth it

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Good quality. Worth every penny.

I always review before purchasing any type of beauty product, and the high rating made me excited to try this pallet because of the beautiful color selection. These colors don't blend well and the lasting power is disappointing, I tried different looks for about 3 or 4 days until I ended up returning it to sephora. I have the Stilla natural pallet which is similar and I love it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

This palette has become somewhat of a staple for me. The colors are a mix of warm, cool, and plummy, ranging from light to dark. Matte neutral palettes seem somewhat difficult to come by, so when this came out, I waffled for a bit, did some research, and bit the bullet. It really is quite versatile, in that you can create a myriad number of looks with just this palette, or use it in conjunction with some shimmer, metallic, or more colorful shades. I find the texture to be above average blendability and pigment, but I actually enjoy the fact that they don't pack an in your face punch. It's just a very wearable, versatile neutral palette with colors that flatter my skintone and can be used in a ton of instances.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I wasn't sure why I bought this at first, until I got it home and found it had an uncanny resemblance to my own custom 12-pan M.A.C. palette (photos above). Even more remarkable is that other than a small travel palette (Naked2 Basics), it's the only palette I own. I don't have anything like the warmer brown shades in the Tarte palette, but have many other near-dupes that I thought would be helpful to show here (see the "Tarte/MAC" swatches above). For example: Super Mom / Blanc Type; Caregiver / Yogurt (Caregiver is a tad more pink); Force of Nature / Malt (FON is more orange-y); Natural Beauty / Haux (also surprisingly similar to "Quarry" when swatched); Best Friend / Blackberry; Power Player / Copperplate (Power Player is more of a taupe; Copperplate more of a slate); Multi-Tasker / Mystery (Mystery is cooler); Fashionista / Typographic (Fashionista is much darker, more like MAC "Carbon"). I don't have a dupe for "Bombshell," but it is a beautiful dark plum.

For those of you who already own some of these M.A.C. colors, or are wanting some of these colors, this might help you decide if you are on the fence. Although the Tarte palette looks cool at first glance, it has several warm colors and some warmer undertones, suitable for many skin colors.

PROS: Beautiful matte color selection; highly pigmented; smooth application; nice large mirror; adjustable mirror angle; compact size; reasonable price (considering my M.A.C. palette cost close to $150 to put together, the $44 Tarte price looks like a bargain).
CONS: Plastic case (I marked it down one lip because the tiny bits that hold the mirror upright broke off while gently adjusting the mirror to take the photo)
FAVORITE COLOR: "Power Player" - A gorgeous taupe
BOTTOM LINE: I still prefer the quality and colors of my cooler M.A.C. shades for everyday use, but may reach for this occasionally for a more dramatic evening look. Didn't really "need" this with so many dupes, and would not likely repurchase, though would love to get "Power Player" if they ever offer it as a single.

on 12/22/2014 3:30:00 PM

I pretty much buy all of the palettes that come out from all the high end companies. I enjoy getting them and while I am not that adventurous with my makeup I like having options of colors, finishes, and textures. I simply LOVE this palette. I have worn it every day since I have gotten it and I'm not kidding when I say that three times I have had someone say that I looked great. I tend to be subtle with my looks and aim for pulled together and well groomed. But my hair stylist, my DH, and a good friend all commented about my eyes when I wore shades from this palette in the past week. There is something about the middle row of colors that makes my eyes look really blue. All I did was follow the instruction card that came with it for the daytime look and that's it. Perfect.

This holiday season I purchased a few palettes and returned both the Kevyn Aucoin and Dior ones. They just weren't that special for the cost. I don't think this one was for the holidays but it was money well spent. I wouldn't buy another one right now because that seems excessive but it is a purchase I am glad I made and so therefore give it 5 lippies. Tarte should make this a permanent offering. It is my favorite.