Tarte Cosmetics TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Tarte Cosmetics TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows
TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte EyeshadowsTARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte EyeshadowsTARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows

4.1

on 4/14/2018 10:16:00 PM

Overall rating: 6.5/10

I don't mind this palette. I like it enough to keep it around. The quality is decent, the formula just isn't my cup of tea. The shadows are very dry and thin. They are pigmented but require a lot of blending because the thin dry formula has a tendency to stick to one spot. On a more positive note, I really like the colour selection and if you're like me and you like to use eyeshadow as liner, this formula is perfect for lining the lash line as it really stays put. The packaging on this palette is also great quality, a hard plastic case that clasps shut. It's not crazy expensive for a mid-range palette, I believe it's around the 60AUD mark.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

loved this Palette! amazing shadows, huge mirror, love the formula, the price is a bit steep so i would buy it if you can get it on sale!
I have a couple videos up on my youtube channel "kristenlynnsloves", where I do swatches, review, looks, and first impression on this palette i will leave my links to my channel down below if you want to check it out!

My channel:

Review, swatch, and demo:

I will also have up another demo get ready with me video coming up soon! So subscribe so you don't miss it!

I was looking for a matte palette better suited for me than the Viseart palette, which proved to be overall too warm for me. I prefer a soft, natural look. The Naked Basics 2 is more suited for my complexion, but the palette is limited in looks and I've used much better formulas, so I no longer enjoy using the palette. I considered the Kat von eye contour palette, and while the eyeshadows are beautifully pigmented, I thought the options were a bit limited. Enter the Tarte Tartelette. All matte, super pigmented, and easily bendable. This product does have major kick back, and I mean MAJOR. I always tap my brush before applying because if you don't, you have fall out everywhere.

The looks I achieve are soft and very complimentary to my mature eyes. The "warm" selection isn't too warm for me, which has been an issue for most of the palettes that hit the market. I've seen some YouTube videos where, if you wanted, you could build these up for a very dramatic look. Since that look isn't my cup of tea, I appreciate the subtle and pretty look this palette gives me.

For reference, I have NW20 complexion with green eyes and dark hair. The lightest shades really do not show up, but as my base layer it evens the lid out nicely without dumping pigment. Again, I prefer subtle, soft and pretty eye looks, and this is what this palette offers. Along with versatility in looks, this palette is a winner for me.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Couple years ago this would be my HG palette, but since there are so many better palettes available at Tarte today - I think that unless you only use neutral/cool-toned matte shadows - you won't really be able to create a variety of looks with this palette alone.

Quality-wise this palette is fab; almost every single shade here is pigmented, blendable and buttery smooth. They last a very good time on the eye and are not too powdery. You can always read more about application and see swatches in a separate review here ( http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2017/02/16/Tartelette-Exposed ). All in all, I think it is nice, but if I were to choose between this and their Tartelette in Bloom or even Tarteist Pro - I would get one of the latter ones, because they do have some fun shimmers in them too, which allows you to be tht extra bit creative. If you like warm eyeshadows, again - go for Bloom.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I think this is a great palette, not a "omg you gotta go get this now" palette, but still worthy if you want to add something to your stash that you can rely on. All of the colors are workable, with a good range of neutral pink & brown based hues, and I have not skipped over any, something that is a rarity for me. I've used it quite a bit and feel at this point I can get a good eye look if I keep it simple and use eye primer, and have been getting 11+ hours of wear with no noticeable fading or creasing.
The palette is made of plastic and thin but generous in product quantity (.636 oz total, 1.5 g per pan). I wouldn't toss this loose into a bag as I fear it would easily crack - I have seen a few youtube reviews where the mirror is broken, so it's not going to withstand a lot of abuse. It smells strongly of vanilla, which I like. The shadows are firm but smooth, and go on with no patchiness and blend out with little effort. I'm not getting any fallout or excess mess in the palette with my brushes, even when digging in to pack some color.
I have the best luck and no muddiness if I work from a row from left to right, using the darkest as a liner. I've also tried to use this in combination with the tartelette in bloom palette, but the colors got muddy and I'm a one palette kind of gal anyways. I still need to give it more time to be 100% convinced I would buy this again, but with the color range I feel out of all of my matte palettes this gives the best selection of colors, and I'm happy I have it!

on 12/14/2016 1:09:00 PM

This is the most complete review I've ever written because at this point I have already gotten rid of this. It says 12 months on the back of the package and I kept it 18 months, no smells, just that tarte doesn't use preservatives so I don't like to keep their products too long. I loved this when I got it; I was also still pretty new to makeup at the time.
The pros: Pretty packaging, one amazing shade in the purple row, easy to use, blend ok.
Cons:The pigmentation is not so great, which I feel is a good thing for a beginner. The purple row is the only one I ever use as the other two rows are so boring and basic and, there may be a place for them in your collection but not in mine.
Now that I've replaced my HG crease shade which I found in this palette (the second lightest purple-y one) with MUFE's artist shadow in M546, I'm finding a whole new dimension of blendability and pigmentation which is far above and beyond this. They are gorgeous. So I'm done with tarte eyeshadows. They are good for beginners who need soft pigmentation and pretty packaging and "value", and you do get a range of shades to try and find your HG from; but I want quality and I want that precise perfect shade now.
I know I mentioned it's good for a beginner but you can find that in a much cheaper offering at the drugstore. It's not worth going mid-range prices for drugstore quality, which is what this is to me.

on 3/29/2016 9:38:00 PM

Pros: SUPER cute packaging, smells like marshmallows, isn't powdery, blends like butter, the shade "funny girl" is BEST applied with a damp eyeshadow brush, pigmented colors and doesn't leave any crease lines

Cons: NOTHING THIS IS PERFECT GET IT

on 3/7/2016 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

UPDATE: As much as I loved this palette at first, I began to notice that by the end of the day, the different color combos morphed into the same shade--tan/brown. This is disappointing, especially with the plum shades that looked so beautiful when first applied.

I've never had trouble using a product because it's too good. These matte shadows are so incredibly smooth, pigmented, and buttery, that I had trouble using them at first. I love matte shadows for my aging eyes, and when I bought these, I expected them to be a little chalky and require a lot of work to apply and blend. I like a subtle, polished look, so I figured it that it would take few swipes, and voilĂ ! These are so pigmented, that a few swipes left me with a lot of color on the lids. For me, applying these matte shadows required practice. These shadows allow me to create a subtle smokey eye that looks office appropriate, without highlighting my lines and wrinkles. I could wear two, three, or four shadows and not look over done or ridiculous.

These shadows require a light hand and minimal blending to achieve my desired looks. I am very cool-toned, and I have used every color in this palette. Usually, there are colors that are too warm for me, but the warmer colors are still neutral enough for me to wear.

This is hands down my HG palette. I would repurchase if I ever ran out. I replaced three palettes with just this one. I wish more companies would realize that matte eyeshadows are in demand, and would invest in matte palettes.

on 2/9/2016 4:21:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I LOVE THIS PALETTE!
Honestly, I was debating buying this for so long because I bought the first naked palette only a month previously to getting this and am working on filling up my own Mac pro palette as wel, so I didn't feel like I needed more eyeshadow for a while. Also the fact that it quite hard to get hold of Tarte where I live ( the UK in case anyone was wondering), but I found this on QVC online and finally decided to buy it after much deliberation.

I bought this because of the fact that they are all matte because most of the other shadows I own are a shimmer finish. And as my first Tarte purchase I wasn't disappointed. I will agree with other users that these shadows are a bit dry but for me that doesn't take away from the pigmentation and blendiblity. I personally think that the shade range in this palette is lovely. I love that I can do such a variety of looks as well, both everyday and more dramatic looks. I can use the whole palette for one look, or use one or two among others. I have worn this palette one way or another every day that I've worn makeup, I think its pretty versatile I also think that the shades suit my skin tone well too.

The mirror is a really decent size and the way the palette is displayed is really aesthetically pleasing too. I also like that it is smaller size compared to other palettes.

I am looking forward to trying other products that Tarte has to offer because this is so good.

on 1/15/2016 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This shadow applies smoothly, blends easily and stays where I put it all day. The colors are highly pigmented. My newest brilliant discovery. Will keep purchasing this product.