Tarte TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows

Filtered by skin type : Very Dry
Tarte TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows
TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte EyeshadowsTARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte EyeshadowsTARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows

3.4

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I think this is a great palette, not a "omg you gotta go get this now" palette, but still worthy if you want to add something to your stash that you can rely on. All of the colors are workable, with a good range of neutral pink & brown based hues, and I have not skipped over any, something that is a rarity for me. I've used it quite a bit and feel at this point I can get a good eye look if I keep it simple and use eye primer, and have been getting 11+ hours of wear with no noticeable fading or creasing.
The palette is made of plastic and thin but generous in product quantity (.636 oz total, 1.5 g per pan). I wouldn't toss this loose into a bag as I fear it would easily crack - I have seen a few youtube reviews where the mirror is broken, so it's not going to withstand a lot of abuse. It smells strongly of vanilla, which I like. The shadows are firm but smooth, and go on with no patchiness and blend out with little effort. I'm not getting any fallout or excess mess in the palette with my brushes, even when digging in to pack some color.
I have the best luck and no muddiness if I work from a row from left to right, using the darkest as a liner. I've also tried to use this in combination with the tartelette in bloom palette, but the colors got muddy and I'm a one palette kind of gal anyways. I still need to give it more time to be 100% convinced I would buy this again, but with the color range I feel out of all of my matte palettes this gives the best selection of colors, and I'm happy I have it!

on 1/9/2016 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I kept putting off buying this palette because after switching it on my arm, I was convinced the colors were too cool toned. I ordered some warm Mac and MUG singles in some of the basic matte transition shades but felt like they pulled more orange on me than I wanted for every single look.

Enter this palette: I ordered this in November during the VIB sale and have not put it down since. This is a palette full of perfect neutral shades. It's what I wanted both Naked Basics palettes to be but i found them to be too ashy and cool toned for my tastes. They sort of blended into one muddy color no matter how I used them. I have all three Naked palettes as well and Tartelette works with them in perfect harmony. I think I'll get more use of my Naked palettes now that I have transition colors that work with all three. The shadows are pigmented and blend out smoothly. I wear this palette alone during the work week with winged liner most of the time.

This would be an ideal beginner palette for someone who didn't have any transition shades and wasn't sure where to start as well as an accompaniment for any palette with too much glitter and not enough mattes.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

For reference, I am fair and cool toned. (NW10-15)

I was VERY disappointed with the Tartelette palette. After hitting pan on my Lorac pro and UD naked 2 palette, I was looking for something new. On a trip to Ulta, I spotted the tarte palette. It looked gorgeous in the store, and all neutral matte colors, exactly what I was looking for!

Until the first time I tried to use it. The lightest colors just don't show up very well. Force of nature and wanderer are borderline orange on my skin. Once I started playing around with the different shades, I realized there just wasn't very much variety in the palette. The looks all ended up looking the same. The variance in shades just isn't there, making the looks appear almost monochromatic and muddy on the eye.

The major issue here is blending. The colors are very difficult to blend. I tried with a few different brushes, and to achieve a proper blend is nearly impossible. A lot of people are comparing this to the Lorac pro palette - the quality or texture on the tartelette is nowhere near as good. The tartelette colors are borderline dusty.

The lasting power is very poor - 100% would need a primer with this palette.

For your money, look elsewhere. This was a return for me. I am going to get the Lorac pro matte palette, or the naked basics 2 instead. (much better quality matte eyeshadows)

There are quite a few glowing reviews, but I think this brand seems to have a bit of a cult following, and people who love the brand will overlook certain things, because they love the brand so much.

on 3/25/2015 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Whenever I see an all Matte palette I have to have it. I'm not the biggest fan of Tarte eye shadows. I purchased the Be Mattenificent palette when it was relesed and returned it with in a week. I actually like the Tartelette Palette and since I cashed in my Ulta points for this I only ended up paying like $4. While I do enjoy using it would I repurchase if I lost it tomorrow probably not. The shadows IMO are pigment, but don't have an over load of pigment which doesn't really bother me. Sometimes when a matte dark Brown or black has to much pigment they could be hard to work with if your just starting out or even a seasoned vet. I actually display this on my vanity because I like the packing. It has an awesome USABLE mirror and when I travel this is the palette I normally bring since It does have a good mirror. Even though I already own these colors in my collection I still make use of this palette.

on 3/20/2015 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Not a fan. The colors are hard, not easy to pick up and not pigmented on the eye. For the price, there is better. I just picked up the Too Faced Natural Matte Eye and it is by far better in all the ways I listed above.