Tarte TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows

Tarte TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows
TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte EyeshadowsTARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte EyeshadowsTARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows

3.9

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I love this palette! Neutrals perfect for work and everyday wear, in my opinion this palette is a staple necessity. Although I do not wear a bold and extra glam look. This palette and easily be smoked and out to look naturally bold. I have no problems with creasing, I get beautiful color payoff. Simply said, this is my main palette day to day

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I think this is a great palette, not a "omg you gotta go get this now" palette, but still worthy if you want to add something to your stash that you can rely on. All of the colors are workable, with a good range of neutral pink & brown based hues, and I have not skipped over any, something that is a rarity for me. I've used it quite a bit and feel at this point I can get a good eye look if I keep it simple and use eye primer, and have been getting 11+ hours of wear with no noticeable fading or creasing.
The palette is made of plastic and thin but generous in product quantity (.636 oz total, 1.5 g per pan). I wouldn't toss this loose into a bag as I fear it would easily crack - I have seen a few youtube reviews where the mirror is broken, so it's not going to withstand a lot of abuse. It smells strongly of vanilla, which I like. The shadows are firm but smooth, and go on with no patchiness and blend out with little effort. I'm not getting any fallout or excess mess in the palette with my brushes, even when digging in to pack some color.
I have the best luck and no muddiness if I work from a row from left to right, using the darkest as a liner. I've also tried to use this in combination with the tartelette in bloom palette, but the colors got muddy and I'm a one palette kind of gal anyways. I still need to give it more time to be 100% convinced I would buy this again, but with the color range I feel out of all of my matte palettes this gives the best selection of colors, and I'm happy I have it!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really loved this palette ! Alot of basic colors in and blending tones!!! Not powder not creamy it's semi of both! So light and stays long on! The only problem i dono shy i face is with the darkest purple color in the palette ! It's dry a bit that it makes patches when i apply if, tried different brushes and my hands but still facinf the same issus don't know why! Over all! One of the. Best eyeshadows i have ever had! Worth it

My HG eyeshadow palette. All matte, all gorgeous colors, all great on my pale, cool-toned skin and deep-set, hooded eyes. Take note, those with hooded eyes - matte shadows like these will be great for you.

The formula is different from conventional shimmer/satin eyeshadows but I find these mattes to be easier to pick up and more pigmented than those in my UD Naked2 Basics palette (which is another good one if you like cool tones, just not nearly as comprehensive). This stuff also stays put on my lids throughout a 9-10+ hour day with little to no fading. Blendability is not quite as good as I've found with non-matte shadows, but I'll take good color payoff and staying power over better blendability. I don't have time to touch up my shadow during the day.

I don't encounter any muddiness between colors, but that may be because I am so pale. Highlight shades tend to disappear on me because again, I'm super pale. I especially love the pink/plum shades in the middle row. My sensitive skin doesn't react at all to these and even with shadow primer, they wash off just fine with a makeup remover. No raccoon eyes. This palette ticks all the boxes and gets nearly daily use.

on 9/1/2016 8:08:00 PM

I just got this palette and started to use it and found every color is perfect for my skin tone, eye color to give me a better than natural look.

The colors are highly pigmented and go on & blend like a dream. I put the colors on this morning and 6 hrs later still look great. I've got blue eyes, olive skin & brunette hair. (mac nc35) I like this better than most of my mac eye shadows.

on 8/2/2016 10:27:00 PM

I purchased this palette recently and am so in love with it. First of all, the packaging is super pretty and the palette is slim, and small, therefore better for travelling with. I also like the fact that the palette contains a good sized mirror. As a hoarder of eyeshadow palettes, this is up there with one of my favourites as the shades are all so durable and are easy to use to create a wide range of different looks. The pigmentation is excellent, whilst also being super blendable; I am a face-before-eyes kinda girl, so I like to use shadows that aren't 'chalky' to create a lot of fall out and I had no problems with this when using this palette. The shadows are everything you need. I like to use the shade 'free spirit' to set my eye primer, the shade 'super mom' is great for highlighting inner corners and the brow bone and I found that the shade 'force of nature' is a great transitional shade, very similar to Make-Up Geeks 'peach smoothie'. Overall I love this palette and would definitely recommend it to a beginner, someone who travels a lot and doesn't like to take that many palettes, or just someone who is looking into investing a versatile palette :)

I just purchased this palette the other day and do not regret it one bit! The colours look amazing on my super pale skin and they are all matte, which is what I prefer. They are so pretty and natural-looking. I am not an eye shadow expert, but the quality seems good to me. The palette itself is quite nice, is nice and sturdy and it contains a pretty huge mirror which is helpful during application.

on 3/29/2016 9:38:00 PM

Pros: SUPER cute packaging, smells like marshmallows, isn't powdery, blends like butter, the shade "funny girl" is BEST applied with a damp eyeshadow brush, pigmented colors and doesn't leave any crease lines

Cons: NOTHING THIS IS PERFECT GET IT

on 2/14/2016 5:53:00 AM

Love this palette so much! Definitely a new favourite! I got this as a birthday present a month ago and haven't stopped reaching for it since. I love how the shades are all so buttery and pigmented and apply so smoothly. Great to buy if you don't have a nude matte palette already. Even though I have a nude matte eye shadow palette, I strictly bought this for the middle mauvey/purple shades because I didn't have those in my collection yet. But once I got the palette I realized each shade is a bit different than the shadows I already have, so this whole palette was worth it to me. I'm not gonna lie I thought the palette was going to be bigger for some reason, I think because it looks bigger on YouTube reviews haha. But still the shadows are a good size so no complaints here. My current HG and staple palette!!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a solid matte palette. I think the question people should ask when thinking about buying this is - do I WANT a palette that's entirely mattes? If you enjoy any of the UD Nakeds, this may be a little different for you just because it lacks the shimmer shades that the UD ones have. Personally, I love using this palette while traveling. It's small and compact, plus it is built solidly and has a large, beautiful mirror. I can fit this into a small makeup bag, and I usually throw in one shimmery single with it (ex. Mac Jest, L'Oreal Amber Rush, or CoverGirl's Mink). I can get a variety of looks with those two items so I'm set for a week+ long trip. As far as the shades themselves, I love the variety of mattes you get here, whether used with a neutral shimmer shade or if I use them on their own. I find that using them on their own gives a very eye enlarging look for me because I can blend them up into the brow bone, very easily getting them to blend into nothing. The shades are well organized - the first is a warm brown-based row, the second a cool purples row, and then a more neutral row which includes taupey shades and a great matte black which, bonus, you could use as eyeliner while traveling. Overall I would purchase this again, the shadows are soft and buttery, and again, if I want my eyes to look huge, I grab this palette. I think it's a great value as well, and if you're someone that would miss shimmer, maybe check out the sequel to this palette, Tartelette In Bloom. That one includes shimmer and the mattes probably follow the (amazing) formula in this. I recommend this highly for matte lovers and even for people who want to branch out. All 12 shades in this palette are beautiful and there are no duds. Would buy again.