Tarte Cosmetics TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows

Tarte Cosmetics TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows
TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte EyeshadowsTARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte EyeshadowsTARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows

3.9

on 8/13/2018 2:06:00 PM

This palette has some really nice matte shades. They blend easily, are nicely pigmented and feel soft. Some of the darker shades might apply a bit more patchy, but they can be used as liners and for that they are great. The packaging is very pretty. A nice, easy to use palette for everyday simple, natural looks.

on 4/14/2018 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Overall rating: 6.5/10

I don't mind this palette. I like it enough to keep it around. The quality is decent, the formula just isn't my cup of tea. The shadows are very dry and thin. They are pigmented but require a lot of blending because the thin dry formula has a tendency to stick to one spot. On a more positive note, I really like the colour selection and if you're like me and you like to use eyeshadow as liner, this formula is perfect for lining the lash line as it really stays put. The packaging on this palette is also great quality, a hard plastic case that clasps shut. It's not crazy expensive for a mid-range palette, I believe it's around the 60AUD mark.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is a solid palette with very smooth, buttery mattes. I like shimmer on the lid so I always need to use something else, but the range of colors is great for everyday looks. I tried Tarte's shadows like 15 years ago and didn't really care much for them, but the Amazonian Clay formula is very nice. They last well on me with a primer, but they do fade after a while if I don't prime first. They're a pleasure to blend, and that's definitely the biggest pro for this product. Overall, it is a good buy if you need a palette of go-to neutral mattes.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

loved this Palette! amazing shadows, huge mirror, love the formula, the price is a bit steep so i would buy it if you can get it on sale!
I have a couple videos up on my youtube channel "kristenlynnsloves", where I do swatches, review, looks, and first impression on this palette i will leave my links to my channel down below if you want to check it out!

My channel:

Review, swatch, and demo:

I will also have up another demo get ready with me video coming up soon! So subscribe so you don't miss it!

The first and the third rows are quite good but the pink row is a disaster. Whatever I did the shades are hard to blend and hard to build.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I love this palette! Neutrals perfect for work and everyday wear, in my opinion this palette is a staple necessity. Although I do not wear a bold and extra glam look. This palette and easily be smoked and out to look naturally bold. I have no problems with creasing, I get beautiful color payoff. Simply said, this is my main palette day to day

on 9/9/2017 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I have used this palette in the past but not recently since I have acquired other ones I much prefer. Although the shadows are high quality and there is a good variety of looks (I particularly like how they are grouped in 3 rows by color family) I find on me they are not that flattering (I'm NW 20 with blue eyes for reference). The colors end up looking rather muddy and flat, especially by the end of the day. I find I much prefer the Too Faced Natural Matte palette for a variety of warm and cool neutral shades or the Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette for warmer looks with the option of some shimmer.

on 7/27/2017 9:00:00 PM

This is surprisingly a good standard matte palette. I heard about Tarte online and had to pick it up when it came to Australia. At first I thought these shades are so bland, but using them for 2 years now I have grown to love it.

I love creating every day work friendly looks or use them as a base for my other shadows as I find these last all day and don't crease, muddy or fade during the day. They are the only shadows that don't change on my eye with or without primer (and I have oily lids).

I would definitely recommend this and must admit have been loving Tarte's recent palettes as well.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I brought this looking for more matte shades but the colour payoff isn't great, even on my very pale skin. I still use this palette for transition shades but overall wouldn't recommend, especially for the price.

I was looking for a matte palette better suited for me than the Viseart palette, which proved to be overall too warm for me. I prefer a soft, natural look. The Naked Basics 2 is more suited for my complexion, but the palette is limited in looks and I've used much better formulas, so I no longer enjoy using the palette. I considered the Kat von eye contour palette, and while the eyeshadows are beautifully pigmented, I thought the options were a bit limited. Enter the Tarte Tartelette. All matte, super pigmented, and easily bendable. This product does have major kick back, and I mean MAJOR. I always tap my brush before applying because if you don't, you have fall out everywhere.

The looks I achieve are soft and very complimentary to my mature eyes. The "warm" selection isn't too warm for me, which has been an issue for most of the palettes that hit the market. I've seen some YouTube videos where, if you wanted, you could build these up for a very dramatic look. Since that look isn't my cup of tea, I appreciate the subtle and pretty look this palette gives me.

For reference, I have NW20 complexion with green eyes and dark hair. The lightest shades really do not show up, but as my base layer it evens the lid out nicely without dumping pigment. Again, I prefer subtle, soft and pretty eye looks, and this is what this palette offers. Along with versatility in looks, this palette is a winner for me.