Tarte TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows

Filtered by age: 36-43
Tarte TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows
TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte EyeshadowsTARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte EyeshadowsTARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows

3.3

I am so disapointed in this palette. What drew me in initially was the beautiful packaging and the colors looked gorgeous in the case. However when applied the colors have very little pigment (even on my fair skin) and kind of look the same when applied. And when blended they all kind of blend together. I much prefer Lorac Pro Matte Palette!

on 12/14/2016 12:47:00 PM

Realllllly wanted to love this, but cannot. It's so chalky and doesn't blend properly at all. Blah colours that don't show up well either. Pigmentation is only so so. The purples show up as grays on me. Once you get them blended it looks muddy. Definitely a pass. Can't return due to it being past the return date, so will use in conjunction with my other palettes. Pretty packaging though.

on 12/10/2016 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Guys, if you want some very drab neutrals in one palette, this is for you. There is nothing special about this palette. This just doesn't have the wow factor for me. I like a bit of shimmer. I think it softens your look as you age. So, the Tartelette in Bloom was a better choice. So, this ones going back. It's too expensive to sit unused in my drawer.

on 3/7/2016 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

UPDATE: As much as I loved this palette at first, I began to notice that by the end of the day, the different color combos morphed into the same shade--tan/brown. This is disappointing, especially with the plum shades that looked so beautiful when first applied.

I've never had trouble using a product because it's too good. These matte shadows are so incredibly smooth, pigmented, and buttery, that I had trouble using them at first. I love matte shadows for my aging eyes, and when I bought these, I expected them to be a little chalky and require a lot of work to apply and blend. I like a subtle, polished look, so I figured it that it would take few swipes, and voilà! These are so pigmented, that a few swipes left me with a lot of color on the lids. For me, applying these matte shadows required practice. These shadows allow me to create a subtle smokey eye that looks office appropriate, without highlighting my lines and wrinkles. I could wear two, three, or four shadows and not look over done or ridiculous.

These shadows require a light hand and minimal blending to achieve my desired looks. I am very cool-toned, and I have used every color in this palette. Usually, there are colors that are too warm for me, but the warmer colors are still neutral enough for me to wear.

This is hands down my HG palette. I would repurchase if I ever ran out. I replaced three palettes with just this one. I wish more companies would realize that matte eyeshadows are in demand, and would invest in matte palettes.

Beautiful shadows, easy to blend, pigmented and lasts all day. I absolutely love this pallette.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Hard, chalky, unpigmented, and difficult to blend. I have to dig and dig and dig with my brush to pick up any discernible shadow, and by "discernible" I mean detectable only because it's gotten cakey. There are far better options for matte neutral palettes available for around this price point - Too Faced Natural Matte, Kat Von D Shade and Light, and It Cosmetics Naturally Pretty all work infinitely better for me. Tartelette has been shoved resentfully in a drawer because I can't yet bring myself to get rid of something I dropped so much money on. Every time I take it out, I hope it wasn't as bad as I thought it was, and every time, I am disappointed.

on 2/26/2015 4:31:00 PM

This palette is for anyone who enjoys doing eye looks. The all matte palette has multiple beautiful transition shades, a few highlight shades and of course some deepening shades. This palette can be used alone daily or can be mixed with any other palette if you want to add some shimmer. I use this daily!

I cashed in my Ulta points to get my hands on this girl. She is lovely and just what I have been looking for. Pros: all matte palette, different shade ranges of neutrals (warm, purpley/mauve, cool) organized from light to dark, all shades blend great, color payoff is wonderful, stays all day, not irritating, large mirror, very pigmented, pretty packaging Cons: I have a difficult time opening the palette, I wish it had an easy release button or something, the shadow names can be difficult to read due to being printed on the shiny gold packaging, packaging easily fingerprinted if that bothers you (it does me so I am constantly wiping it down after use) the price is a bit high, but less than an Urban Decay palette. Bottom Line: this is the second palette I've gotten from Tarte and I love them both. I wouldn't mind paying $44 for it had I not cashed in my points and I will repurchase again, but I can see how some would balk at the price. Love this palette!!