Tarte Cosmetics TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows

Filtered by age: 30-35
Tarte Cosmetics TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows
TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte EyeshadowsTARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte EyeshadowsTARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows

3.8

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is a solid palette with very smooth, buttery mattes. I like shimmer on the lid so I always need to use something else, but the range of colors is great for everyday looks. I tried Tarte's shadows like 15 years ago and didn't really care much for them, but the Amazonian Clay formula is very nice. They last well on me with a primer, but they do fade after a while if I don't prime first. They're a pleasure to blend, and that's definitely the biggest pro for this product. Overall, it is a good buy if you need a palette of go-to neutral mattes.

The first and the third rows are quite good but the pink row is a disaster. Whatever I did the shades are hard to blend and hard to build.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I love this palette! Neutrals perfect for work and everyday wear, in my opinion this palette is a staple necessity. Although I do not wear a bold and extra glam look. This palette and easily be smoked and out to look naturally bold. I have no problems with creasing, I get beautiful color payoff. Simply said, this is my main palette day to day

on 7/27/2017 9:00:00 PM

This is surprisingly a good standard matte palette. I heard about Tarte online and had to pick it up when it came to Australia. At first I thought these shades are so bland, but using them for 2 years now I have grown to love it.

I love creating every day work friendly looks or use them as a base for my other shadows as I find these last all day and don't crease, muddy or fade during the day. They are the only shadows that don't change on my eye with or without primer (and I have oily lids).

I would definitely recommend this and must admit have been loving Tarte's recent palettes as well.

Since we can't buy Tarte in Europe I asked my friend to bring it for me. Disappointingly I really don't care for it much. The shadows aren't very pigmented, especially the lighter ones. I was hoping that I can use this palette as a good base for many different makeup looks, but I barely use it at all. I feel that you can do much more getting some good quality single neutral shadows in the colors that fit your skin tone than this palette. I would never repurchase it or recommend it to a friend.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I am a lover of almost all things Tarte. I have the Tartelette in bloom and the Tarte Pro. I bought this to add more complimentary matte shades, but I did end up returning it.

It's not bad - value wise I would definitely get this over the Naked Basics. It has a much better range and much better value. I did like the shades in this palette. The reason for return - it wasn't as good in quality as the Tartelette in Bloom and Tarte pro. I felt like it was harder to blend out and the colors didn't remain true after being on the eye for a while. They kind of grayed out after a couple hours on me. Disclaimer: I have medium skin. I feel like these would work better on pale skin. I did not have these problems with my other Tarte palettes.

The Tarte Pro has a lot of similar colors to this (and then some!). Below are the Tartelette colors and the similar Pro colors:

Free Spirit = Classic
Bombshell = Vamp
Super Mom = Vintage
Wanderer = Bold
Fashionista = Punk

A lot of those aren't exact matches, but very very close. The Tarte Pro is a little more expensive at $75.71 per ounce of product to the Tartelette's $72.32 per ounce, but it is better quality in my opinion. The Tartelette in Bloom is also fantastic and is at the same price point, but it leans more burgundy.

Not a bad palette, but I feel there are better options in the same price point out there.

on 12/14/2016 1:09:00 PM

This is the most complete review I've ever written because at this point I have already gotten rid of this. It says 12 months on the back of the package and I kept it 18 months, no smells, just that tarte doesn't use preservatives so I don't like to keep their products too long. I loved this when I got it; I was also still pretty new to makeup at the time.
The pros: Pretty packaging, one amazing shade in the purple row, easy to use, blend ok.
Cons:The pigmentation is not so great, which I feel is a good thing for a beginner. The purple row is the only one I ever use as the other two rows are so boring and basic and, there may be a place for them in your collection but not in mine.
Now that I've replaced my HG crease shade which I found in this palette (the second lightest purple-y one) with MUFE's artist shadow in M546, I'm finding a whole new dimension of blendability and pigmentation which is far above and beyond this. They are gorgeous. So I'm done with tarte eyeshadows. They are good for beginners who need soft pigmentation and pretty packaging and "value", and you do get a range of shades to try and find your HG from; but I want quality and I want that precise perfect shade now.
I know I mentioned it's good for a beginner but you can find that in a much cheaper offering at the drugstore. It's not worth going mid-range prices for drugstore quality, which is what this is to me.

My HG eyeshadow palette. All matte, all gorgeous colors, all great on my pale, cool-toned skin and deep-set, hooded eyes. Take note, those with hooded eyes - matte shadows like these will be great for you.

The formula is different from conventional shimmer/satin eyeshadows but I find these mattes to be easier to pick up and more pigmented than those in my UD Naked2 Basics palette (which is another good one if you like cool tones, just not nearly as comprehensive). This stuff also stays put on my lids throughout a 9-10+ hour day with little to no fading. Blendability is not quite as good as I've found with non-matte shadows, but I'll take good color payoff and staying power over better blendability. I don't have time to touch up my shadow during the day.

I don't encounter any muddiness between colors, but that may be because I am so pale. Highlight shades tend to disappear on me because again, I'm super pale. I especially love the pink/plum shades in the middle row. My sensitive skin doesn't react at all to these and even with shadow primer, they wash off just fine with a makeup remover. No raccoon eyes. This palette ticks all the boxes and gets nearly daily use.

on 8/11/2016 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

I had to return this.

The positives of this palette are the following: sturdy, attractive case, nice sized mirror, the appearance of beautiful, matte shades. Testing the display palette at Sephora resulted in buttery colours on my fingers.

However, I could not get this to work for me. As stated in previous reviews, once applied onto the eyelid, the colours are just too similar to each other and no gradients, shading and distinction of colours could show up on my Indian skin. The shades I used all turned into a mauve-gray muddy mess. And while I readily admit that I am definitely no eye shadow expert, I've had other palettes work for me much better.

I can see how and why other reviewers might like it - it is completely matte, and the colours look flattering in the package. I personally couldn't get it to do what I wanted, so back it went.

on 6/25/2016 10:15:00 PM

I have tartleette in bloom 2 and this one is my second fav it has cute color nice packaging well worth the money but doesn't blend as easy as the tartelette in bloom 2 doesnt