Tarte TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows

Filtered by age: 19-24
Tarte TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows
TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte EyeshadowsTARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte EyeshadowsTARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows

3.9

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I brought this looking for more matte shades but the colour payoff isn't great, even on my very pale skin. I still use this palette for transition shades but overall wouldn't recommend, especially for the price.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I bought this hoping that it would be as good as tarte' s limited edition "mattenificent"palette. Unfortunately I found the shadows to be alot less pigmented and alot of the lighter shades to be super similar. I prefer creamy, slightly more powdery shadows like the lorac pro palette or abh modern renaissance. The shadows in this palette are just kind of hard. I knocked off an extra star for the price (it just isn't 5x better than something 5x cheaper..)

This palette leans purpley, which is nice on brown eyes, but I wish there were some warm browns. If you're picking between this and the tartelette in bloom palette, I'd recommend the in bloom palette because it's way more pigmented and has a few shimmer shades too.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

To begin, in an eyes shadow I look for buttery consistency with high pigmentation that lasts all day and blends easily. Now let's get into the product.

Pigmentation and Consistency -
These eye shadows are not very pigmented. Some of the shades can be built up fairly easily, but others will not build up at all. The lighter shades are fairly pigmented and have a good consistency, as well as the black and the midtone brown shades. My issue is mostly with the purple shades which make up about half of this palette. They are very chalky (as are most of the other shades), and end up looking very muddy. When you blend these shades together they all end up looking the same, a muddy grey brown shade. I'm able to create a nice look, but it's not easy.

Longevity & Blendability -
These shades last a decent amount of time, but eventually fade into nothingness within 8 hours of wear. Again, if you are able to build these shadows up to their true colors they all begin to fade into the same greyish brown shade. If you are looking for a grey/brown pallet this may be perfect for you. None of the shades blend particularly easily, and can look patchy and inconsistent depending on which color you are using. The transition shades do not blend well at all nor do the darker shades.

Price -
I got this palette as a gift so I can't comment too much about price. However after looking this up I found out this palette was $45. For the price I would not recommend this product at all. There are so many other brands out there that sell eye shadow palettes for similar prices that are much better quality. The Too Faced and Lorac palettes are similarly priced (if not cheaper) and will treat you much better. The naked palettes are $54 and give 10x the quality and pigmentation of this product. Invest your money elsewhere.

Final thoughts -
As I said previously, I have been able to create decent looks with this palette but it takes a lot of time and effort. I would not recommend this palette if you are looking to create a quick and easy look in the morning or on the go. The lighter shades are nice, they blend well and are fairly pigmented. The rest of the shades are chalky, patchy and muddy. The pigmentation is not there for the majority of these shades. If you are looking for a beautiful purple palette this is not it. If natural ingredients are important to you, I'm sure there are other brands who can provide that with a better result. Perhaps other Tarte shadows or palettes are better than this one. I love Tarte as a brand overall, but this was a miss for me.

on 1/2/2017 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Ok firstly I've given the price 3 because to ship it to the UK was very expensive! The palette is similar to Naked palettes so I'm used to the price of the actual product. So the price rating was mostly for shipping to the UK.

Packaging - Very tacky purple and gold box. I personally like minimalist packaging like MAC or NARS but that's just me. For an expensive palette, the box is plasticky and a little underwhelming for how much money I paid! The mirror is nice and large but it's all too plastic and cheap for me. Other popular palettes have better packaging for sure.

Pigmentation - You won't see an immediate colour you need to build! This means these aren't very pigmented, this may be because of its natural ingredients? It can be a little tedious really packing on a base colour for ages and blending for ages with a colour you want a lot of intensity from! The intensity of these get a 2/5 from me

Colour range - Beautiful colour range! I saw this on Instagram a year ago and I fell in love with it! I had to have it and when it came it didn't disappoint in terms of colour variation. I like that each row horizontally can be used together to make classic looks of one colour but different shades. For those who have given this a bad review because all the shades are matte.. the point of it is to be a matte palette. I bought this for mattes because owning naked palettes is making me tired of shimmers. Buy this if you love matte and are confident it doesn't bore you!

Usage - It takes a little longer to blend with these, it's not as smooth as a MAC or urban decay shadow. I think many lovely looks can be made with this palette on its own! Mattes can be stunning and classy. If you want to use other eyeshadows it works well with them too. I did use the purples with a shimmery pink look and it all blended well.

Overall, I like this palette, it's classic mattes and it's beautiful!

Pros - nice range of colours, finally and all matte palette! some of us don't like shimmer, big mirror, firm case, lots of transition shades!!

Cons - A little hard to blend, not very pigmented, tacky packaging and looks a little cheap for the price it is!

on 11/12/2016 10:07:00 PM

Idk.. maybe since I usually only like matte in my crease, i'm not such a big fan of this. But I started to build my makeup collection about a year ago and quickly reached for this and the tartlette in bloom. The packaging is pretty and easy to open and close. Unfortunately it somehow dropped out of my stuff and one shadow shattered- the black. I have tons of black eyeshadows and never use black so I wasn't upset about it. The purples are pretty but I usually don't use a lot of color and I don;t know what id use the light pink for. I feel like the light shades are just TOO light, I wish one was more on the same page as wnw creme brulee. I want to love "force of nature" and "wanderer" so bad because I usually use soft browns in my crease but every time I dip my brush in them, they come off SO orangey and warm. They look cool in the pan so this disappoints me a lot. I don't hate warm tones by any means but I prefer cool, light matte browns on a daily basis and warm tones only sometimes when I want to switch it up. The dark browns also go unused because I don't usually need/want dark brown for my looks. Idk, it's not necessarily a bad palette, I just personally dont have a lot of use for it. Which sucks since it was $45. BUT maybe one day i'll have a look where i'll need a matte dark brown or maybe i'll want to try an all matte eye and i'll have this already in my stash to reach for and use!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really loved this palette ! Alot of basic colors in and blending tones!!! Not powder not creamy it's semi of both! So light and stays long on! The only problem i dono shy i face is with the darkest purple color in the palette ! It's dry a bit that it makes patches when i apply if, tried different brushes and my hands but still facinf the same issus don't know why! Over all! One of the. Best eyeshadows i have ever had! Worth it

on 8/2/2016 10:27:00 PM

I purchased this palette recently and am so in love with it. First of all, the packaging is super pretty and the palette is slim, and small, therefore better for travelling with. I also like the fact that the palette contains a good sized mirror. As a hoarder of eyeshadow palettes, this is up there with one of my favourites as the shades are all so durable and are easy to use to create a wide range of different looks. The pigmentation is excellent, whilst also being super blendable; I am a face-before-eyes kinda girl, so I like to use shadows that aren't 'chalky' to create a lot of fall out and I had no problems with this when using this palette. The shadows are everything you need. I like to use the shade 'free spirit' to set my eye primer, the shade 'super mom' is great for highlighting inner corners and the brow bone and I found that the shade 'force of nature' is a great transitional shade, very similar to Make-Up Geeks 'peach smoothie'. Overall I love this palette and would definitely recommend it to a beginner, someone who travels a lot and doesn't like to take that many palettes, or just someone who is looking into investing a versatile palette :)

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I'll admit it, I bought it because of how pretty it is! The colors look stunning and the packaging is beautiful. The color selection is great - but if you have very dark circles like me, it's easy to look like you have a black eye if you go overboard with the purples. It is a bit chalky, but it's not too bad.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a pretty great palette, the shadows are all matte which is pretty handy as well them all having really nice pigmentation. The only downside is that because these shadows blend so well, you sometimes have to layer them up as too much blending will cause fading in the pigmentation.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a solid matte palette. I think the question people should ask when thinking about buying this is - do I WANT a palette that's entirely mattes? If you enjoy any of the UD Nakeds, this may be a little different for you just because it lacks the shimmer shades that the UD ones have. Personally, I love using this palette while traveling. It's small and compact, plus it is built solidly and has a large, beautiful mirror. I can fit this into a small makeup bag, and I usually throw in one shimmery single with it (ex. Mac Jest, L'Oreal Amber Rush, or CoverGirl's Mink). I can get a variety of looks with those two items so I'm set for a week+ long trip. As far as the shades themselves, I love the variety of mattes you get here, whether used with a neutral shimmer shade or if I use them on their own. I find that using them on their own gives a very eye enlarging look for me because I can blend them up into the brow bone, very easily getting them to blend into nothing. The shades are well organized - the first is a warm brown-based row, the second a cool purples row, and then a more neutral row which includes taupey shades and a great matte black which, bonus, you could use as eyeliner while traveling. Overall I would purchase this again, the shadows are soft and buttery, and again, if I want my eyes to look huge, I grab this palette. I think it's a great value as well, and if you're someone that would miss shimmer, maybe check out the sequel to this palette, Tartelette In Bloom. That one includes shimmer and the mattes probably follow the (amazing) formula in this. I recommend this highly for matte lovers and even for people who want to branch out. All 12 shades in this palette are beautiful and there are no duds. Would buy again.