Tarte TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows

Filtered by age: 18 & Under
Tarte TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows
TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte EyeshadowsTARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte EyeshadowsTARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows

3.3

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I wanted to like this pallete, i really did. It has my perfect selection of matte shades you could need for a variety of looks, but it just didnt work. The colours were hard to blend and got muddy really quickly on the lid; they were chalky and powdery and especially the darker shades had a TON of fallout. I wasnt expecting this kind of quality from tarte, and since it was my first time trying their palletes, tbh i was a little let down. I returned it after 5 days of trying to make it work, but nope- the lighter shades barely show up on my skin, and when i am able to blend the shadows, they end up losing alot of their pigment and i keep having to build up , build up , build up and blend and then they end up looking muddy. The only reason i gave this one lippie is because the packaging was my favourite out of most of the palletes i have-sleek, cute, has a good sized mirror inside and closes tightly so you dont have to worry about the shades getting everywhere. Overall, i wouldnt recommend this. I dont know if i got a bad onr since most people seem to like it so much, but this just didnt work for me.

on 3/29/2016 9:38:00 PM

Pros: SUPER cute packaging, smells like marshmallows, isn't powdery, blends like butter, the shade "funny girl" is BEST applied with a damp eyeshadow brush, pigmented colors and doesn't leave any crease lines

Cons: NOTHING THIS IS PERFECT GET IT

on 2/9/2016 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I LOVE THIS PALETTE!
Honestly, I was debating buying this for so long because I bought the first naked palette only a month previously to getting this and am working on filling up my own Mac pro palette as wel, so I didn't feel like I needed more eyeshadow for a while. Also the fact that it quite hard to get hold of Tarte where I live ( the UK in case anyone was wondering), but I found this on QVC online and finally decided to buy it after much deliberation.

I bought this because of the fact that they are all matte because most of the other shadows I own are a shimmer finish. And as my first Tarte purchase I wasn't disappointed. I will agree with other users that these shadows are a bit dry but for me that doesn't take away from the pigmentation and blendiblity. I personally think that the shade range in this palette is lovely. I love that I can do such a variety of looks as well, both everyday and more dramatic looks. I can use the whole palette for one look, or use one or two among others. I have worn this palette one way or another every day that I've worn makeup, I think its pretty versatile I also think that the shades suit my skin tone well too.

The mirror is a really decent size and the way the palette is displayed is really aesthetically pleasing too. I also like that it is smaller size compared to other palettes.

I am looking forward to trying other products that Tarte has to offer because this is so good.

I actually returned this yesterday, nothing explicitly wrong with it but the shades where not warm enough for me so I never reached for it. But I term of shadows they're good but not super pigmented on the eyes. there's definitely better out especially for the $44 price tag. It really depends on what you like, I bought the stilla mind pallete instead and like it much better (also all matte).

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

One of my most disappointing purchases, not worth the hype. Originally I wanted to buy the Too faced Natural Matte Palette as a matte eyeshadow palette, but it was sold out so I settled for the Tartelette palette, thinking it should be good due to the internet/youtube hype.

The browns are great for my eyebrows, wanderer is a good contour, and the white shade is a good matte highlight. The black shade I can use as an eyeliner.

But that's just it. I can't use it on my eyes because it fades. Its the only eyeshadow I've ever tried that fades on me. At the end of the day, the shadow is still there, but its faded to look not like eyeshadow on my eyes, but like I have terrible pigmented eyelids (considering I'm quite fair). The shades also look muddy to me, and that is arguably fixed with less blending. But that's not quite possible, as the eyeshadows are hard to blend and colour is not always even.

There are tons of other eyeshadows that look better on me (chocolate bar, UD palettes, stila palettes). If not for the money I saved up to pay for the palette, I would've already given it away.

Next time I'll be patient and wait for the Too Faced Natural Matte palette to be restocked.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

i like this palette but i dont love it .. its all matte which i love but i wish it was alittle warmer.. its more of a cool tone eyeshadow palette and thats really not much of my taste ...

wander and dreamer would have to be my favorite shades from the palette but the lighter shades really arent that pigmented ..
its an okay palette but not the best

Please Subscribe to my youtube channel ' Queennnnkay"
instagram @Queennnnkay

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This palette is all of my dreams come true so please keep in mind that I can be a little bias.
The product quality is amazing. All the colors are highly pigmented, smooth and easy to apply; you don't need to pack much on. Some of the second column shades might apply a bit blotchy in the crease (that's where I use them), not sure if there's a flaw in the formula or my skills.
The colours, as I stated, are everything I've ever dreamed of. Taupes and dusty mauves/purples are what looks best with my eye colour (gray with a turquoise hue to them which really pops with the stated eyeshadow colours) and there aren't many shades from this family on the market at all: the taupes are either too beige or too gray, the dusty purples simply don't exist.I've had a cheap e/s palette from China (good quality, too, if you know how to work it) and it had those colours and that was when I realised they were my HG shades, but I ran out and thought it was over forever until the Tartelette palette came out.
The two bottom rows are exactly what I need and want and I couldn't be happier with it. The top row I don't use that often, I think it would be perfect to do neutral looks for those with deeper toned skin. I also almost never use the black shade.
I really, really love that it's matte, without even a hint of shimmer or sheen. I'm tired of every eyeshadow ever being shimmery. ALTHOUGH, the matte texture accentuates the loose skin on the eyelids. I'm very young but I already have saggier eyelids than normal and one of my eyes is hooded. It can be made less harsh by mixing your e/s primer with an eye cream before priming or using a really moisturising creamy primer (mine is quite dry/drying), but keep in mind that if you have mature or mature-looking eyelids, this might make it worse. The matte eyeshadows from the previously stated chinese palette I have didn't accentuate the saggy skin this much.
The packaging is fine. I'm always afraid to drop it bc it's not so small and not so big but that's an irrational fear. It opens a bit difficult, you might mess up your nail polish if you have any on.
Overall, I'm in love. This is pretty much my go-to palette every time I do makeup, as I don't use any other e/s shades except for maybe reddish ones when I feel like it and that's when I turn to my chinese one. Definitely would repurchase, although by the time I run out they'll have stopped making it.