Tarte TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows

Tarte TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows
TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte EyeshadowsTARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte EyeshadowsTARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows

3.9

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I love this palette! Neutrals perfect for work and everyday wear, in my opinion this palette is a staple necessity. Although I do not wear a bold and extra glam look. This palette and easily be smoked and out to look naturally bold. I have no problems with creasing, I get beautiful color payoff. Simply said, this is my main palette day to day

on 9/9/2017 12:36:00 PM

I have used this palette in the past but not recently since I have acquired other ones I much prefer. Although the shadows are high quality and there is a good variety of looks (I particularly like how they are grouped in 3 rows by color family) I find on me they are not that flattering (I'm NW 20 with blue eyes for reference). The colors end up looking rather muddy and flat, especially by the end of the day. I find I much prefer the Too Faced Natural Matte palette for a variety of warm and cool neutral shades or the Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette for warmer looks with the option of some shimmer.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I brought this looking for more matte shades but the colour payoff isn't great, even on my very pale skin. I still use this palette for transition shades but overall wouldn't recommend, especially for the price.

Couple years ago this would be my HG palette, but since there are so many better palettes available at Tarte today - I think that unless you only use neutral/cool-toned matte shadows - you won't really be able to create a variety of looks with this palette alone.

Quality-wise this palette is fab; almost every single shade here is pigmented, blendable and buttery smooth. They last a very good time on the eye and are not too powdery. You can always read more about application and see swatches in a separate review here ( http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2017/02/16/Tartelette-Exposed ). All in all, I think it is nice, but if I were to choose between this and their Tartelette in Bloom or even Tarteist Pro - I would get one of the latter ones, because they do have some fun shimmers in them too, which allows you to be tht extra bit creative. If you like warm eyeshadows, again - go for Bloom.

I was looking for a matte palette better suited for me than the Viseart palette, which proved to be overall too warm for me. I prefer a soft, natural look. The Naked Basics 2 is more suited for my complexion, but the palette is limited in looks and I've used much better formulas, so I no longer enjoy using the palette. I considered the Kat von eye contour palette, and while the eyeshadows are beautifully pigmented, I thought the options were a bit limited. Enter the Tarte Tartelette. All matte, super pigmented, and easily bendable. This product does have major kick back, and I mean MAJOR. I always tap my brush before applying because if you don't, you have fall out everywhere.

The looks I achieve are soft and very complimentary to my mature eyes. The "warm" selection isn't too warm for me, which has been an issue for most of the palettes that hit the market. I've seen some YouTube videos where, if you wanted, you could build these up for a very dramatic look. Since that look isn't my cup of tea, I appreciate the subtle and pretty look this palette gives me.

For reference, I have NW20 complexion with green eyes and dark hair. The lightest shades really do not show up, but as my base layer it evens the lid out nicely without dumping pigment. Again, I prefer subtle, soft and pretty eye looks, and this is what this palette offers. Along with versatility in looks, this palette is a winner for me.

on 7/27/2017 9:00:00 PM

This is surprisingly a good standard matte palette. I heard about Tarte online and had to pick it up when it came to Australia. At first I thought these shades are so bland, but using them for 2 years now I have grown to love it.

I love creating every day work friendly looks or use them as a base for my other shadows as I find these last all day and don't crease, muddy or fade during the day. They are the only shadows that don't change on my eye with or without primer (and I have oily lids).

I would definitely recommend this and must admit have been loving Tarte's recent palettes as well.

I am so disapointed in this palette. What drew me in initially was the beautiful packaging and the colors looked gorgeous in the case. However when applied the colors have very little pigment (even on my fair skin) and kind of look the same when applied. And when blended they all kind of blend together. I much prefer Lorac Pro Matte Palette!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I think this is a great palette, not a "omg you gotta go get this now" palette, but still worthy if you want to add something to your stash that you can rely on. All of the colors are workable, with a good range of neutral pink & brown based hues, and I have not skipped over any, something that is a rarity for me. I've used it quite a bit and feel at this point I can get a good eye look if I keep it simple and use eye primer, and have been getting 11+ hours of wear with no noticeable fading or creasing.
The palette is made of plastic and thin but generous in product quantity (.636 oz total, 1.5 g per pan). I wouldn't toss this loose into a bag as I fear it would easily crack - I have seen a few youtube reviews where the mirror is broken, so it's not going to withstand a lot of abuse. It smells strongly of vanilla, which I like. The shadows are firm but smooth, and go on with no patchiness and blend out with little effort. I'm not getting any fallout or excess mess in the palette with my brushes, even when digging in to pack some color.
I have the best luck and no muddiness if I work from a row from left to right, using the darkest as a liner. I've also tried to use this in combination with the tartelette in bloom palette, but the colors got muddy and I'm a one palette kind of gal anyways. I still need to give it more time to be 100% convinced I would buy this again, but with the color range I feel out of all of my matte palettes this gives the best selection of colors, and I'm happy I have it!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I am a lover of almost all things Tarte. I have the Tartelette in bloom and the Tarte Pro. I bought this to add more complimentary matte shades, but I did end up returning it.

It's not bad - value wise I would definitely get this over the Naked Basics. It has a much better range and much better value. I did like the shades in this palette. The reason for return - it wasn't as good in quality as the Tartelette in Bloom and Tarte pro. I felt like it was harder to blend out and the colors didn't remain true after being on the eye for a while. They kind of grayed out after a couple hours on me. Disclaimer: I have medium skin. I feel like these would work better on pale skin. I did not have these problems with my other Tarte palettes.

The Tarte Pro has a lot of similar colors to this (and then some!). Below are the Tartelette colors and the similar Pro colors:

Free Spirit = Classic
Bombshell = Vamp
Super Mom = Vintage
Wanderer = Bold
Fashionista = Punk

A lot of those aren't exact matches, but very very close. The Tarte Pro is a little more expensive at $75.71 per ounce of product to the Tartelette's $72.32 per ounce, but it is better quality in my opinion. The Tartelette in Bloom is also fantastic and is at the same price point, but it leans more burgundy.

Not a bad palette, but I feel there are better options in the same price point out there.

Since we can't buy Tarte in Europe I asked my friend to bring it for me. Disappointingly I really don't care for it much. The shadows aren't very pigmented, especially the lighter ones. I was hoping that I can use this palette as a good base for many different makeup looks, but I barely use it at all. I feel that you can do much more getting some good quality single neutral shadows in the colors that fit your skin tone than this palette. I would never repurchase it or recommend it to a friend.