Charlotte Tilbury The Classic Audrey Eyeliner Powder Pencil

Charlotte Tilbury The Classic Audrey Eyeliner Powder Pencil

4.1

on 7/31/2018 11:23:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I got this in this sort of mid brown shade.When I initially got this it went on quite easily , but after a while it has become much more difficult to easily use on my lid. It seems drier and I need to work much harder to get a successful payoff when I line my upper lash line.

This just glides on like a freak of nature it's so smooth & easily smudged into my waterline tightline. It is an ideal brown shade perf for day elegant not too harsh doesn't bother my eyes. I can do this pencil w something like full MU The Queen look or just stoned rose lipstick/Filmstar/this eyeliner/'mascara for a neat well groomed look. It's incredibly versatile. I didn't think anything could surpass my love for the rock n kohls but I found my new HG! #HGHGHG!!!!!!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

"Audrey" to me is like a dark chocolate or an espresso brown shade. It is quite lovely and the shade itself is flattering for almost any eye color, which I think is sometimes rare for a brown eyeliner to be flattering on almost any eye color.

However, this is way too soft for me. If your eyelids/skin is remotely oily and/or you have high humidity where you live, this might be a hot mess for you; at least it is for me. Almost immediately after applying this, it began to smear and I looked like I was running a marathon and had liner and mascara running all over the place (I tested this by itself, no eyeshadow or mascara, so I know it was the liner smudging and smearing everywhere, and it isn't even that humid here yet, I shudder to think what this will do in the dead-heat-of-Summer). I know this is great for smudging and a smokey eye, but this is way too much smudging for me. It looks sloppy. I do not even smudge it myself, it self-smudges, so to speak, and not in a pretty way, at least not for me.

A lovely shade if it plays nicely with your skin. For me, this is a pass. Maybe I could try some tricks to get this to not smudge all over the place, but I do not want to get that involved with eye products at this point in my life. This is a really lovely shade, just way too soft I guess to work well for me.

on 1/10/2017 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Beautiful color! Love how it goes on, great for smudging techniques or cats eye. <3 it!!!

on 11/6/2016 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I thought that the CT Rock 'n Kohl eyeliner was the best eyeliner I've ever purchased, but this is my new favourite, so much that I'll be buying back-ups just in case. This is a buttery smooth eyeliner that glides on effortlessly and is very pigmented. I use it for tightlining and therefore don't smudge it, but if you wanted to, it smudges quite easily after application, otherwise it holds a defined line very well.

The reason this has surpassed the Rock 'n Kohl eyeliner (which I also use for tightlining) is that I live in a very hot and humid climate, and while the Rock 'n Kohl is a million times better than most, it still "melts" a little in the heat over the course of the day and I can end up with panda eyes if it gets too hot. Not so with the Classic. I'm a convert!

on 7/1/2015 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have to disagree with the previous review, but then I am no spring chicken and do not have oily eyelids. There is something special about Ms. Tilbury's pencils they glide on and do not smear off and I have found the Audrey to be a worthwhile purchase. My advice is to try it in the store and get on with the rest of your day and see how it wears.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I am so very sorry to report that CT's "The Classic Audrey Eyeliner Powder Pencil" is a massive disappointment for me. The Rock n' Kohl liners are FANTASTIC. So, I expected these to perform just as well and I'm really very sad about this and wish I hadn't spent the money for the Audrey.

From CT's website, she says "Cheat the classic, chic groomed-girl look with no effort. Enriched with a mix of fine opaque powders and specially-blended oils, THE CLASSIC gives you a soft, subtle, blendable line that is easy to control. The result is chic and timeless: Perfect for a natural daytime look or buildable at night for a sophisticated sexy smoky eye."

Upon application this liner looks really nice. The pencil itself is easy to use, I had no problem lining my lid. HOWEVER, it takes about 2 seconds for this to transfer to my lid and not much longer to completely slide off and disappear! I've used it on the top of my lid close to the lash line, I've tried this under my eye and also in the waterline. I've tried 1 pass as well as several layers. No, no and no. It has zero staying power and wipes right off and I do not touch my eyes and do not have oily lids. If you are interested in a good liner, go for the CT Rock n' Kohl. I'm really confused by how awful this product is and am recommending you skip it. CT is really hit or miss for me. It's very odd that of the products I've tried so far they have either been really fabulous (bronze and glow, rock n kohl, mascara) or really disappointing (the classic pencil, lip lustre). I would see these items in person or buy from a reputable site that offers free returns. I'll continue trying to make this pencil work, but I am not holding my breath. I'll update if anything changes.

EDIT: 2/212/2015. I'm using this pencil only because I feel like I need to use it as it was not cheap, but no matter what I do, it disappears. Such a disappointment! Still only giving it 1 lippie.

EDIT: 8/9/2015: I am still using this pencil because I felt guilty about spending so much and letting it go to waste. I have found that this works 100x better with Urban Decay primer potion under...however, I am still annoyed that this is such a HE, $$ pencil and can't live up to the hype by itself. No primer = 1 lippie. With primer = 5. I am bumping my rating to a 3, but BEWARE that this wears off completely without primer (at least for me!).