Kat Von D Innerstellar Eyeshadow Palette

Kat Von D Innerstellar Eyeshadow Palette

4.5

on 1/4/2017 3:25:00 PM

Would I buy this again? Probably not, but thats mainly because there are many other palettes I'm desperate to try. Now, that's not to say this is by any means a bad palette. There is some fallout, but it's mainly containable and the cool tones work well with my completion. The formula is smooth, glides on easily, and blends out well without the colours becoming muddy. I've enjoyed the variety of shades but seem to mainly stick with 4 or 5. How awesome would it be to have one of the larger pans in a black shade? I digress. The packaging is adorbs, feels sturdy, and the mirror is a generous size. It's a great product for sure, just didn't WOW me.

This is a lovely palette and I really like it. I purchased mine in the set because I was on the fence for quite awhile. Finally I decided to purchase it and I'm very happy I did! I love the quality of the shadows they are so smooth! They blend out so well it makes creating wherever eye look I want very easy.

Darkstar is my favorite shade in this palette. It's just so dang pretty! I cannot really think of a dupe for it.....I do hope this becomes a single I'd buy it in a heartbeat. The shadows are soft and highly pigmented, I just barely touch my brush to them and I have plenty of product. I don't have much powder kickback at all. Maybe it's in the brush that I use. But I do not find these shadows too soft and I have no issues with fallout.

I think the shades in this palette do suit my NW20, Nars Monte Blanc, green eyes and blonde haired complexion quiet well. I'm very fair with very pink undertones and this works very well with my skintone. I really am happy with this as I enjoy a more cooler toned palette so this is right up my alley. The price isn't too bad for the quality either. So all in all I'm very pleased. :) Recommended.

on 5/18/2016 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

As other reviews have said, this is an especially nice palette for us brown-eyed ladies. The palette focuses on cool-toned purples and browns. As with the other Kat Von D palettes I've used, I find the shadows to be velvety and nicely pigmented. They are soft, and blend well. They last through a full workday for me, although I do always use an eyeshadow primer. The packaging is a heavy cardboard with a mirror in the lid. I know this palette was discontinued, but as of 5/18/16 it is available on Sephora's site as part of a package. I like this palette, and I would repurchase.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I love this palette. Shadows are smooth and creamy like butter they blend out like a dream. The shades may look like just regular shadows but a lot of them have a metallic shift to them. There is a pinkish one that has like a purple shift and the brown one seems a little silvery. They are very cool toned but they are wearable. In my opinion they should be able to be worn on all skin tones without a problem. I have had this for a year and a half now and it sets in storage well meaning it doesn't settle funny like cheap shadows do when the set for a long time without being used. They are also EXTREMELY pigmented and will last you all day. Although it was on the pricey side I feel like it pays for its self as i can use it all alone for my eye look without having to use another shadow palette,

on 4/7/2016 11:50:00 AM

I'm sorry to say this, but Interstellar palette was my first and last palette purchase from KVD and this is definitely one of my palette regrets. The reason being is because I cannot stand the eye shadow formulation! I know that a lot of people have problems with Lorac shadows being too powdery but Kat Von D is at least 3X MORE powdery than Lorac shadows and they're very difficult to work with. Don't get me wrong, the shadows are are EXTREMELY pigmented BUT the fact that they're so powdery makes these shadows very easy to over-blend and I find that I do not have enough control as an artist to be able to place a color exactly where I want it. Even when I am careful to place the shadow where I want I find that when I try to blend it slightly any little movement from my brush will cause the product to disperse all over the lid in places I don't want it so that it ends up looking muddy and ridiculous. Not a good look. If you do not like powdery eye shadows I suggest staying away. I really wanted to love these but was disappointed.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This was the first palette I've bought that I was able to make work for me. I'm terrible at applying shadow and am relatively new to makeup, but the Innerstellar palette is so easy to use and continues to inspire me to try different looks. The only shade I was disappointed with was the purple shade because it's not super pigmented, but I find that it works for me. I dread the day that I pan any of these shadows, lose it, or break it. I find myself reaching for this palette for my everyday look (those browns are just what I needed), a subtle colors look (God bless that purple that initially disappointed me) or a dark and dramatic look. It's a fantastic cool-toned palette. I tend to like most of KVD's products, but this one and the tattoo eyeliner Trooper are truly holy grail products for me. This palette is extremely workable, and gave me the inspiration to practice.

on 6/5/2015 2:37:00 PM

Gorgeous cool-toned palette .....the colors are beautiful, and the pigmentation and lasting quality are excellent ...... I truly adore this palette and plan on purchasing a back-up since this is a limited edition. I find that the shadows all work together and you can create several beautiful looks from classic to smokey ...... For reference, I am a nw10 with blonde hair and brown eyes and find that this palette makes my brown eyes POP ...... there arent' many shadows that truly make my eyes pop, however, Innerstellar and the Tarte Rainforest palette do. The pricing for this palette is decent compared to the sizing of the eyeshadows ..... highly recommend.

on 2/7/2015 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

in lurve!!! ive been using naked (1) for years til i realized all those warm colors look heinous with my cool fair skin tone (except the last 2 cool colors). they make me look bruised. so i called sephora set on ordering naked 2 which i heard was cooler toned. but i wanted to make sure so i called to ask. she said all the nakeds are warmer based; that 2 was just lightly leaning more towards neutral.

she then recommended this innerstellar palette. wow. the difference in wearing these cool tones instead of the warm makes my whole face look better. it's like wearing an ash-based hair color with cool skin instead of warm. also the purples in here ..; i happen to love purples they make my hazel eyes look green and they are cool purples not warm (which really make me look sickly) if you're cool toned, get thee to a sephora and swatch this baby! pics online do not do it any justice. each color has this interesting sheen impossible to see unless in real life.

Love ! Another hit for KVD, this is great for your kit ladies

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I really like this. This is a cool toned palette, and other than the purples, I love the colors. My favorites are 3 AM, Nightcrawler, Lycan, Gravitron. This palette can make a variety of looks, but I wouldn't own this as your only palette. It's definitely a companion palette, one you would own if you also had a warm toned palette. In all, I love this with my coloring, and I would repurchase this in a heartbeat.