Glossier Priming Moisturizer

Glossier Priming Moisturizer

3.5

Not tested on animals

Water (Aqua), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Tridecyl Stearate, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Stearic Acid, Propanediol, Palmitic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Phenyl Trimethicone, Hyaluronic Acid, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Glycerin, Betaine, Tremella Fuciformis Sporocarp Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Tea) Extract, Aspalathus Linearis (Rooibos) Extract, Boswellia Serrata Extract, Honey Extract, Tetrapeptide-14, Tropaeolum Majus Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Polyacrylamide, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate Phospholipids, Beeswax, Ceteareth-20, Laureth-7, Citric Acid, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Cetyl Palmitate, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Butylene Glycol, Aminomethyl Propanol, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract

This broke me out BIG time and as I read the ingredients it didn’t seem suitable for sensible or acne-prone skin and shouldn’t be marketed as so. Now it’s just a very expensive moisturizer for my elbows... very disappointing since I’m a fan of the brand and some of the other products I’ve tried.

on 4/24/2018 7:01:00 PM

Its not as moisterizing as i need so i will not be purchasing this. I gotten a sample and it does feel good upon application but it is not a good primer.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Tried this as a sample and find that it's a pretty average moisturizer. Doesn't irritate or break out my skin, but doesn't seem to do anything more. For the price I'd like it to contain more beneficial ingredients.

on 4/5/2018 9:10:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Well, color me impressed. I received a sample of Glossier's priming moisturizer with my last order and liked it enough to try some more. I am now close to the end of my first full-size tube. This is a virtually unscented everyday moisturizer that does a nice job of priming the skin for makeup. I layer it over my daily sunscreen and then apply liquid or powder foundation. It is not an intensive skin treatment but it does the job of being a go-to daytime moisturizer that is appropriate for my normal-to-combo-ish skin type. The product is described as "buildable," and I'm still not quite sure what that means, but my skin drinks it right up. I like the squeeze tube packaging, which is simple and no-frills, in line with the brand's other packaging. Glossier continues to surprise me - this is the third hit I've had in a row from this line.

Having combination, acne prone skin, I'm kinda careful in choosing moisturizer. Specially under make up as it tends to become sticky and oily for some creamy moisturizer. But when I got a sample of this product, I fell in love with. I don't usually but the hyped products because I do read reviews first before I make a purchase (unless I tried it and tested the samples).

LIKES:
Light weight, milky texture that glides well on skin
hydrating
plumps and conditions the skin
no silicone fillers
skin condition becomes supple and glowing
soft skin
I like the tube as it's hygenic
suits humid and cold weather
make up glides well no need extra primer
I love that it contains hyaluronic acid in it

cons:
a li'l bit pricey
not readily available in my country

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I received a sample of this in my order and so far I really like it. My skin is dry and flakey especially in drier months and this has really helped. I may wait to purchase it until the fall and just use up the sample for the next few weeks while the season begins to change to spring and summer.

on 1/31/2018 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is an excellent basic moisturizer and has become my go-to moisturizing primer for my normal dry skin. I don't use it a ton (because during the day I wear a moisturizing sunscreen) but when I go out at night, I moisturize my face with this before applying makeup. It feels great, is fragrance free, doesn't break me out, has decent ingredients (no mineral oil) and isn't too expensive for how quickly I go through it. I also love the minimalist retro packaging. Staying power isn't phenomenal, so if you want your makeup shellacked on, this might not be the primer for you, but for me, it's a keeper and I will probably be repurchasing this for a while.

on 1/30/2018 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I use this in the daytime before SPF and before makeup. It is very light, but provides enough moisture to my combo skin and is never greasy! Take note that this isn't a pore-blurring type of primer like many silicone-based ones on the market. It's definitely more of a moisturizer than a primer.

Would recommend and repurchase!

Pros:
Very light and fragrance-free
Moisturizing, but not greasy. Great for daytime under makeup!

Cons:
Very runny! I've accidentally squirted too much out of the tube at once
May not be moisturizing enough for those with dry skin

on 9/17/2017 12:11:00 AM

I've been using this morning and evening for the past few weeks and have really enjoyed it. It works well under my sunscreen/makeup and is buildable. It's also not heavy, greasy, or fragranced. My skin feels nicely balanced and fresh. I highly recommend and will repurchase.

on 9/11/2017 2:09:00 AM

I love this, it's an excellent basic moisturizer. Rich and hydrating without being greasy. Never irritating. Never clogs my pores. My combo-oily skin just loves this. Quality-wise, it's comparable to Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream or Belif The True Cream Moisturizing Bomb. If you're a fan of either of those, this product will be worth checking out.

I will definitely buy this again. Recommended!!