Glossier Priming Moisturizer

Glossier Priming Moisturizer

3.4

Not tested on animals

Water (Aqua), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Tridecyl Stearate, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Stearic Acid, Propanediol, Palmitic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Phenyl Trimethicone, Hyaluronic Acid, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Glycerin, Betaine, Tremella Fuciformis Sporocarp Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Tea) Extract, Aspalathus Linearis (Rooibos) Extract, Boswellia Serrata Extract, Honey Extract, Tetrapeptide-14, Tropaeolum Majus Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Polyacrylamide, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate Phospholipids, Beeswax, Ceteareth-20, Laureth-7, Citric Acid, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Cetyl Palmitate, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Butylene Glycol, Aminomethyl Propanol, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract

on 10/13/2018 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVE Glossier products- use the balm.com and jelly cleanser religiously. However, this product gave me perioral dermatitis. Whenever I use it, I get small red itchy dots all around my nose and mouth and its horrible- takes a week to go away! Wanted to love this, but I would stick to other glossier products, this one is not a win :(

on 10/10/2018 5:41:00 PM

I have bought this product a couple of times. The first time I purchased was soon after it launched and I loved it - gentle, lightweight, perfect under makeup. I repurchased recently (mid-2018) and found it quite aggravating on my skin. My skin felt hot, and became red and blotchy after use. Having previously loved it, I tried this second tube in a range of different conditions (with and without serums underneath, directly after a hot shower vs after cold, gentle face wash etc) - and had the same flare ups every time. i wonder if it's been reformulated?

I love and have repurchased other glossier products (milky jelly cleanser, boy brow etc) but won't buy this again.

on 7/27/2018 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is really similar to the Marc jacobs undercover primer except it doesn’t have that coconut smell. It does hydrate and smooth out the skin, but definitely cannot replace a good skincare routine. I wouldn’t say this makes the skin tint last longer because both fade quickly over time, so a good moisturizer could replace this.

on 7/20/2018 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I really wanted to like this product but it broke me out! First i thought it was just from the warm weather and suncreen i was using but when i removed this from my rutin everything went back to normal. The formula is so thin, when you open the cream it almost everytime flows out and is rinny, i thought this would be nice for the summer but i need something more thicker for my dry skin. I like the ingredients but it’s something in it my skin dont like. Will give another try when i dont have to use it with sunscreen over. Cute packaging tho!

on 6/18/2018 8:39:00 AM

I’m surprised to see the number of negative reviews for this product. It’s been a HG for me, and I’m about to order my fourth tube. I’ve got (46-y-o) combo skin that’s now really nice but has a history of adult acne. That is all to say that I’m careful with what I try, aware of ingredients, and then tread carefully. I usually use this as the makeup primer it’s marketed as, though in the heat of Atlanta’s summers, it may become my primary daytime moisturizer over sunscreen. It works well as both for me, visually plumping skin and prepping it for smoother makeup application and/or just general hydration. I’ve noticed both here and on Glossier’s site, people seem to either love this or hate it, which makes me wonder if it has some ingredient that’s troublesome for the latter group.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

There are very few products that have ever broken me out - in fact I can’t think of a single other one. This did. Small dots around my nose that became blotches at which point I rinsed/gently rubbed it off, only to have the blotches become large patches. I washed it off at that point and slapped on some Cicaplast and have been icing my face since.

It felt nice going on, but good lord! I don’t feel like trying to give a better review; it’s runny mildly moisturizing (and sensitizing!) fluid. I wonder what ingredient it is that did it, but I’m not trying it again to figure it out!

This broke me out BIG time and as I read the ingredients it didn’t seem suitable for sensible or acne-prone skin and shouldn’t be marketed as so. Now it’s just a very expensive moisturizer for my elbows... very disappointing since I’m a fan of the brand and some of the other products I’ve tried.

on 4/24/2018 7:01:00 PM

Its not as moisterizing as i need so i will not be purchasing this. I gotten a sample and it does feel good upon application but it is not a good primer.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Tried this as a sample and find that it's a pretty average moisturizer. Doesn't irritate or break out my skin, but doesn't seem to do anything more. For the price I'd like it to contain more beneficial ingredients.

on 4/5/2018 9:10:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Well, color me impressed. I received a sample of Glossier's priming moisturizer with my last order and liked it enough to try some more. I am now close to the end of my first full-size tube. This is a virtually unscented everyday moisturizer that does a nice job of priming the skin for makeup. I layer it over my daily sunscreen and then apply liquid or powder foundation. It is not an intensive skin treatment but it does the job of being a go-to daytime moisturizer that is appropriate for my normal-to-combo-ish skin type. The product is described as "buildable," and I'm still not quite sure what that means, but my skin drinks it right up. I like the squeeze tube packaging, which is simple and no-frills, in line with the brand's other packaging. Glossier continues to surprise me - this is the third hit I've had in a row from this line.