bareMinerals BareMinerals The Magic Act

bareMinerals BareMinerals The Magic Act

Amazing! Great for traveling, so compact and sleek! It has 5 eyeshadows and 4 face products.

The eyeshadows:
- Celebrate: semi satin creamish color
- Fortune: semi opaque pale light pink
- Shazam: satin light pink
- A-Ha: satin golden bronze
- Pumped:semi opaque medium brown
- Foreshadow: matte dark brown
The face products:
- The premiere: a peach luminizer
- The close call: a natural bronzer
- The natural high: a coral pink blush
- The indecent proposal: a purple blush

Overall this is an amazing palette for tue qualitity and arrange of products. I highly recomend it.

on 12/3/2014 8:43:00 AM

This was a **really** solid purchase for me. The Magic Act is a new holiday eye and cheek palette from BareMinerals. The blushes and shadows are encased in a VERY cute (houndstooth!), sturdy cardboard fold-out-type thingy that is less bulky than you'd think, and has miraculously resisted getting grody in my makeup bag thus far. It even has a mirror, dun dun dunnnnn! There are 4 blushes and 6 shadows for $39, so it's a great value. I added a photo so you can see the shades, but to summarize, the blushes are: a rosy peach, a nice plummy shade, a matte tan with a bit of rose (can be used for both blush and contour), and a lovely yellowy highlighter. The pans are pretty big on these. The 6 shadows are warm-ish neutrals, leaning rosy, with 3 mattes and 3 shimmers.

Every single item in this palette works for me, and all are great quality. (If you want, you can check out my review on a BareEscentuals eyeshadow quad called The Truth in my profile. In short, I've found their pressed eyeshadows to be some of my absolute favorites.) The blushes are what really drew me to this palette, as I've been really trying to up my face makeup game, and the contour/highlight shades are just PERFECT for my light olive skin tone. (Let me also direct you to another of my new favorite finds: the Everyday Minerals Itahake contour brush, which is a dupe of the waaaay more $$$ Nars Ita brush - GAMECHANGER.) I actually find that these blushes last longer on my color-eating face than my Nars blushes. They're not too glittery, have the perfect amount of pigmentation, are smooth and buttery - can you tell I love them?!

I usually prefer cooler tones in my eyeshadows, but these are awesome, don't pull out any strange tones in my skin, and are a great addition to my life simply because I have so many cooler tones, haha. They look lovely now, but they'll look even more amazing in the summer time with a bit of a glow to my skin. BareMinerals pressed shadows wear.like.iron.

Highly recommend. I'm totally obsessed.