Ion Keratin Dry Oil Mist

Ion Keratin Dry Oil Mist

on 5/7/2017 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I decided to try this after reading MUAsAlbino's review. I have recently returned to using silicone-containing products after being silicone free for probably about 6 years now. My hair is dry (super dry), wavy/curly (2c), heat styled, and color treated with permanent color (Age Beautiful) to color grays every 6 weeks. Silicone containing hair products are flat out necessary unless I want to be bald by the time I'm 50.

I apply this exactly as MUAsAlbino suggested, by pumping it into my hand first and then applying it to wet/damp hair. I usually use 4 pumps, because my hair is thick and bra strap length. I rub it in my hands, then wipe/scrunch it through my hair. I then apply my usual styling products followed by heat protectant spray and style as usual.

My hair is super shiny, super soft, and smells fantastic. It really does deliver and really does make your hair feel silky soft and wonderful, like you've never touched it with heat or chemicals. I cannot stop touching my hair after applying this, and love how my hair swings and flows when it is dried after using this product. It sounds ridiculous, but it honestly does make your hair shine and swing like those women in hair product commercials. Crazy but true.

At $10.29 a bottle, it's not a bad deal considering one bottle will probably take me a couple of months to go through. I'm definitely willing to pay that amount for something that makes my hair look and feel so fantastic. Zero complaints about the packaging.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I love this stuff! It is super lightweight & a dupe for Kerastase oleo relax serum. A new HG for me. Here is a comparison video:

Ok, this is becoming to be a game changer! My hair has now gone through at least 5 bleachings and is currently in good condition due to getting a haircut AND finding a great stylist who was able to give me blond hair without damaging it. Anyway, my hair is very thick and curly/wavy so finding something that defines my curls and at the same time moisturizes can be tricky. This oil is truly amazing. When used in conjunction with my Oribe Oil an Oribe Supershine cream it's a great combination. It seems to give that extra shine and that extra definition that those two other products by themselves cannot do (the day before, i only used the Oribe and not the mist and it did not give me that polished look).

This is definitely a must have staple in your beauty cabinet. Also, i spray it about 5 times all around my hair. My hair soaks up right up. ! No greasy feeling left at all !

on 11/30/2014 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

5/12/2016: Let me make something crystal clear - my hair is down to my waist. I discuss that I use several sprays of it. Most women do not have hair as thick/long as mine. So don't be surprised if 3 sprays (that's how many I use) leaves you looking greasy. JUST USE LESS IF THAT'S THE PROBLEM. This is by NO means heavy otherwise I would not touch it (I've tried a lot of dry oils/serums/oils/ect).

12/27/2015: HEADS UP LADIES, ION has reformulated and changed the packaging of this product. I was quite upset about this. Thus far the only changes in ingredient list is ION removed Linalool (fragrance additive from flowers and spice plants), Hexyl Cinnamal (fragrance additive from chamomile), Limonene (fragrance additive of oranges), and Geraniol.

Here is what I found on Geraniol since I haven't seen it in many ingredient lists: Geraniol is a monoterpenoid and an alcohol. It is the primary part of rose oil, palmarosa oil, and citronella oil. It also occurs in small quantities in geranium, lemon, and many other essential oils.

As you can see, *LUCKILY* it seems like Ion may have made a change for the better in this case. We didn't really need those useless fragrant additives. The only way I can see this affecting the product is a) less fragrant b) perhaps a tiiiiiny bit less heavy. Those ingredients were so low on the list prior to reformulating that I doubt it could affect the consistency much.

I am very relieved they aren't discontinuing this dry oil. I had gone to several Sally Beauty Supplies last month and nearly hyperventilated when I realized so many were out of stock. I found the new packaging hit shelves early this month (Dec 2015).
----------------------------

11/9/2015 update: Okay, I've spent over a year now trying out different dry oils just to compare. Ion is still my favorite. Dry oils are the most amazing leave in product I've ever found.

Alterna's dry oil is a close second (but with less slip due to less silicone), followed by Garnier Triple Nutrition dry oil in 3rd place. The Garnier version is a bit heavier but still a dry oil nonetheless. (Triple Nutrition miracle dry oil ONLY, the newly released versions from Garnier are pure crap).

Silicone serums gave my hair slip. But this dry oil? It makes my hair look healthy almost from within.

-----------
Background on my hair: Very damaged from bleach, super fine texture, thick (most of it, if not more, has grown back after several rounds of hairloss).

This is the one hair product I absolutely swear by. I spent hundreds of dollars over the years searching for the perfect leave-in conditioner and this is it. Ion Keratin Dry Oil Mist might be the most underrated product out there.

Often I found products that would moisturize my hair yet were too greasy, products that were suited for my hair's fine texture yet not moisturizing enough to mask the damage, or too heavy and left me looking like a hairless rat.

This leave-in conditioner is super super light in consistency. It is a true DRY oil. It will not weigh down your hair nor coat it with grease. However it will still deeply moisturize your hair. After shampooing my hair often feels like hay. I sprintz this three times into the palm of my hands then run it through my hair, and it instantly transforms the texture. Ion Keratin Dry Oil leaves my hair feeling like SILK. Also it does an awesome job detangling.

A little goes a long way. I have gone through only 2 bottles in the past 9 months with daily use.

Edited since people asked: YES I have tried Alterna's dry oil. I have tried most of the leave in conditioners on the market even. Yet I still prefer ION's based off of performance quality. Plus it does not hurt that ION is a lot less expensive.

Popular Styling Products