Diptyque Baies Candle

4.3

on 4/23/2016 1:03:00 AM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

if you are familiar with south-east asian cultures and religions, you will immediately know the scent. It smells exactly like the rosewater that is used abundantly in religious ceremonies and cultural festivals in the region (not the kind that you find in baking aisle or two dollar shop. but the ones that are made the traditional way in the region). If you are first introduced to that smell through this candle, then you will like it. It is a true depiction of fresh rose petals stepped in water. however if you are familiar with the real rosewater scent then you will be dissapointed in paying top dollar for the parisian version of it when you know there are better alternatives out there.

on 12/5/2015 8:58:00 PM

Expensive but very classy. Definitely sets the mood.

To Read all 37 Reviews, Login or Join

on 8/16/2015 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Baies Room Spray & Candles - I've began using & buying this particular rose scent in both the candle & spray around the turn of the century, at which time I could actually afford it. Unfortunately I fell hard and still remain hopelessly in love with this fragrance. If I never wore anything but (the original) Stella rose & amber perfume & my home smelled of nothing but Baies candles & spray, I'd be forever a happy woman. The only drawback is the outrageous price. Fortunately, despite multiple moves and a criminal heist by psychopathic criminals which robbed me of almost everything of value I and my family had ever inherited, purchased, acquired, created or been gifted with throughout the better part of our lives, I still have approximately ⅛ (at most) of a bottle of the room spray and a single 10-plus year-old candle remaining. I treasure & hoard them like the holy grail that they are. :)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Very fragrant candles. Baies is very unique. It's a classy scent that smells sophisticated

on 1/28/2015 1:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Not my favourite candle by Diptyque. Still deliberating on whether to return it unlit or give it a chance to grow on me. Just smelling it for the first time through the box whacked me in the face in an almost bad way..
Its got a sharp, green tomatoey note that annoys my nose. I can sense the rose in here but it is so slight. The only sweetness is the sour sweetness of the blackcurrant. Obviously the sharpness won't annoy everybody's nose but maybe test this before buying if you are sensitive. I think my body probably just knows whats best, as my eyes are beginning to water sitting in the same room as the boxed candle... Im probably allergic to it.
Its super soapy too, separately, I hate that.
Does anyone know if this morphs when warm??
Im still making up my mind but I think I want to get as far away from this as possible. Its way too strong its nearly annoying for me unfortunately.
Two stars because I'm sure Diptyque know what theyre doing and it would be a nice candle for somebody else! But for me and a sensitive sense of smell its kind of obnoxious, gross and strong. I feel like a whinger for leaving a negative review of Diptyque, but I think its a love or dislike scent. You can only try it and see.

on 3/21/2014 2:22:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This is most certainly the "starter candle" for those new to the brand. I can understand why, as it's a pleasant and mild scent. While my first diptyque candle was Tubéreuse, this is the candle so many beauty bloggers and the like seem to repurpose and purchase as their first candle, creating mass appeal. This is a "safe" scent. For those who make their first purchase online, this is the way to go. Fruity, soft and light, I've never heard a complaint about Baies.

These days I only purchase Baies to burn together with Roses, in an effort to save my ltd. edition Rose Duet beauties.

on 1/28/2014 2:56:00 AM

I recently purchased this candle, and I'm in love with it. I absolutely adore the black porcelain container as well as the black wax. I originally received this as a gift and immediately fell in love with it. It did last a long time and two weeks ago I realized that It was close to being done, I had to order more of this enticing fragrance. So I ordered the large jar which was a hefty price at 275.00 usd, crazy right? But it is 52 oz so I guess it justified my purchase. I'm so glad my friend turned me on to this brand, especially the scent. If you haven't already tried this scent, you really should. The scent itself is unbelievably romantic, dark, and mysterious. I do smell the rose and black current, blended very well together.

I bought this as a house warming gift for our new home. Its truly beautiful, fresh, and mysterious all at once. It feels like buying a peice of art. Also, there l'ombre perfume smells just like this candle!

on 4/16/2013 3:16:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Baies is to Diptyque's bread and butter candle, with good reason. For the first time luxury candle buyer, it is very approachable and well liked by many. It's most certainly fruity, without being obnoxious. It has excellent throw, making it well worth the value. While I prefer the new Rose Duet candle which incorporates Baies & Roses, Baies is always a great go-to Diptyque candle. The next purchase I do recommend if you enjoy this scent is fig (or Fiuguier). It is also under the fruity category, but also has much greener notes which I find really amazing. Incomparable.

on 2/5/2013 12:04:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Hmm - for the price I was expecting a great candle. It's simply ok. The smell is fruity and berryish but I can't smell it unless I'm up really close! Certainly doesn't scent my room. Disappointed!

EDIT: after burning for a couple of hours on two occassions this now seems to have great throw. Much more impressed, increasing by two stars.

Popular Candles