Diptyque Baies Candle

No Image

4.3

6. Diptyque Baies Scented Candle £52,Diptyque

The French Perfumer produce scented candles made from a high quality vegetable/paraffin wax mix that burn cleanly and evenly with a lead-free wick made from cotton and a unique mix of natural ingredients to produce an assault of incredibly seductive scents that are reminiscent of exotic destinations. Fruity, Floral, Herbal, Spicy and Woody, all packaged in a clear glass tumbler with the trademark black and white labels.
The Baies luxury candle would suit candle lovers who prefer the fruity category but i think it would be equally at home in floral also. Its combination of blackcurrant leaves and roses that at first may not sound like a desirable mix, This candle definitely leans towards the spicier, woody fragrances. This Candle really caught our attention. we all realy fell in love with the freshness and originality of this scent. It has the perfect mix of sharp fruitiness and delicate floral, neither scent overpowers the other but they compliment each other beautifully.
You can buy Dyptique candles online and they are available in a variety of sizes: the small size 70g retails at £20 and the larger size 190g at £40, there are also larger, outdoor and coloured versions of some of the candles available.

www,candleduchess.com

on 2/12/2017 2:20:00 PM

My only child (adult male) bought me this lovely candle as a surprise for Christmas 2016. What a treat! It burns beautifully, has a wonderful non-offensive scent (my hubby hates heavy scented candles) and it just feels like such an indulgence to have.

The only reason I would not repurchase is I just can't justify the high price. As a gift, it was one I will always treasure!

Treat yourself if you have the $$$ or ask for it for birthday, Mother's day, or some other occasion :)

on 8/16/2015 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Baies Room Spray & Candles - I began using this particular rose scent (in both the candle & spray form) around the turn of the century, (at which time I could actually afford it). Unfortunately, I fell hard and still remain hopelessly in love. If I could never again use anything but Stella & Baies, I'd be forever content. Considering that I'm an passionate advocate of essential oils, that is saying quite a bit. However, if given a lifetime supply of Stella & Baies for personal & home use, I'd settle for using my essential oils for topical healing purposes only.
The only drawback is the outrageous price. Fortunately, despite multiple moves and a criminal heist by psychopathic criminals which robbed me of almost everything of value I and my family had ever inherited, purchased, acquired, created or been gifted with throughout the better part of our lives, I still have approximately ⅛ (at most) of a bottle of the room spray and a single 10-plus year-old candle remaining. I treasure & hoard them like the holy grail that they are and hope to one day replace what I lost. HIGHLY recommended. I hope they never stop making this!

on 12/5/2015 8:58:00 PM

Expensive but very classy. Definitely sets the mood.

on 4/23/2016 1:03:00 AM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

if you are familiar with south-east asian cultures and religions, you will immediately know the scent. It smells exactly like the rosewater that is used abundantly in religious ceremonies and cultural festivals in the region (not the kind that you find in baking aisle or two dollar shop. but the ones that are made the traditional way in the region). If you are first introduced to that smell through this candle, then you will like it. It is a true depiction of fresh rose petals stepped in water. however if you are familiar with the real rosewater scent then you will be dissapointed in paying top dollar for the parisian version of it when you know there are better alternatives out there.

on 9/22/2016 5:21:00 PM

This scent is intoxicating in such a good way. In envelopes my entire home in such a cozy, soft and warm scent. I am in love with this candle. Great throw. It's just amazing. I am not good at differentiating fragrance notes, but this is seriously awesome. I've read the notes and have never ever had the pleasure of this scent anywhere.
Pretty expensive at $62 a candle,but I will spend every extra cent I have on this one.
Good bye Yankee Candle! I am hooked!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Very fragrant candles. Baies is very unique. It's a classy scent that smells sophisticated

on 3/21/2014 2:22:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This is most certainly the "starter candle" for those new to the brand. I can understand why, as it's a pleasant and mild scent. While my first diptyque candle was Tubreuse, this is the candle so many beauty bloggers and the like seem to repurpose and purchase as their first candle, creating mass appeal. This is a "safe" scent. For those who make their first purchase online, this is the way to go. Fruity, soft and light, I've never heard a complaint about Baies.

These days I only purchase Baies to burn together with Roses, in an effort to save my ltd. edition Rose Duet beauties.

on 1/28/2014 2:56:00 AM

I recently purchased this candle, and I'm in love with it. I absolutely adore the black porcelain container as well as the black wax. I originally received this as a gift and immediately fell in love with it. It did last a long time and two weeks ago I realized that It was close to being done, I had to order more of this enticing fragrance. So I ordered the large jar which was a hefty price at 275.00 usd, crazy right? But it is 52 oz so I guess it justified my purchase. I'm so glad my friend turned me on to this brand, especially the scent. If you haven't already tried this scent, you really should. The scent itself is unbelievably romantic, dark, and mysterious. I do smell the rose and black current, blended very well together.

on 1/28/2015 1:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Not my favourite candle by Diptyque. Still deliberating on whether to return it unlit or give it a chance to grow on me. Just smelling it for the first time through the box whacked me in the face in an almost bad way..
Its got a sharp, green tomatoey note that annoys my nose. I can sense the rose in here but it is so slight. The only sweetness is the sour sweetness of the blackcurrant. Obviously the sharpness won't annoy everybody's nose but maybe test this before buying if you are sensitive. I think my body probably just knows whats best, as my eyes are beginning to water sitting in the same room as the boxed candle... Im probably allergic to it.
Its super soapy too, separately, I hate that.
Does anyone know if this morphs when warm??
Im still making up my mind but I think I want to get as far away from this as possible. Its way too strong its nearly annoying for me unfortunately.
Two stars because I'm sure Diptyque know what theyre doing and it would be a nice candle for somebody else! But for me and a sensitive sense of smell its kind of obnoxious, gross and strong. I feel like a whinger for leaving a negative review of Diptyque, but I think its a love or dislike scent. You can only try it and see.

Popular Candles