L'Occitane Lavender Hand Cream

L'Occitane Lavender Hand Cream

Water, Shea Butter, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Peg-100 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Dimethicone, GrapeSeed Oil, Sorbitol, Oat Kernel Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Glycol, Cetyl Alcohol, Honey Extract, Polyacrylamide, Mallow Extract, Tocopherol, Lavender Oil, Fragrance, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Methylparaben, Xanthan Gum, Linalool, Glycerin, Menthol, Laureth-7, Tetrasodium Edta, Limonene, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Citric acid, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Sunflower Seed Oil, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Citral, Coumarin, Benzyl Alcohol, Geraniol.

on 1/20/2018 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I use this cream at home. It's a soft light cream w/ a strong lavender scent. May be off putting to those who are scentsitive. I really like the consistency. Absorbs quickly w/out any greasy film. Keeps my hands soft and moisturized. I like the aluminum/tin tube packaging. Reminds me of old school pharmaceutical packaging. Easy to squeeze product out. I use the L'Occitane 'Magic ' Key which helps push product forward, keeping the tube body plump, minimizing waste of product!

on 9/14/2017 10:28:00 PM

This is my absolute favorite hand cream. I like all things lavender-scented, so I always have to have this on my nightstand. While I studied abroad in France a few years ago, I was able to visit the L'Occitane en Provence museum in Manosque. It was an enlightening experience! I have checked out their other products since then, but this is my absolute favorite. I am constantly washing my hands and use this at night before bed a few times a week, and my hands are very soft and hydrated in the morning. The scent is intoxicating to me, but my significant other thinks it smells like froot loops LOL! It's kind of expensive, but I buy off of Amazon for $24 and for 2.6 oz. One tube usually lasts me for the whole year, but I now reside in a much colder state. I hope one tube will be all I need here! Since a little bit goes a long way, I think the price is justifiable. I absolutely love this scent, company, and product and will continue to purchase this little luxury. If you're looking for a more affordable hand cream, Pacifica is amazing.

I'm surprised that a premium hand cream containing shea butter and lavender essential oil fares worse than my normal vaseline lotion. Not hydrating enough.

What's Good?

2. Repeated Application
3. Inconvenient Screw-on Cap
4. “Lavender” scent?
5. Expensive

Full review with comparison against Crabtree & Evelyn at http://bit.ly/2tEYIxd.

on 5/13/2015 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I bought the 75ml tube after trying a sample out. I absolutely adored the scent, but the scent of my hand cream changes completely once I apply it to my hands. It's horrible! It smells like motein, a poisonous insect spray, and it gives me the biggest headache. Also, it's not very moisturising. It's defintiely more of a lotion than a cream, so don't expect this one to keep your hands from cracking in winter.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Of the L'Occitane hand creams, this is my favourite mainly because of the fragrance. I carry a little one in my make-up bag and use it throughout the day. My skin is really sensitive, and especially the backs of my hands where I can easily develop contact dermatitis from soaps and creams. This doesn't cause it and seems to help keep it at bay, provided I remember to apply it every time I wash my hands. I find the lavender scent both soothing and refreshing, and although it is light it lasts for a few hours.

on 4/4/2014 4:57:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought the 30 ml size of this hand cream over the holidays because I wanted a little something to treat myself, and what better way to do so than to invest in a little hand pampering? For me this is imperative in the winter months as my hands take a beating every winter, no matter what.
This hand cream has a lovely fresh and velvety texture. It would probably be classified more as a gel-cream than as a cream, so if you're expecting the original L'Occitane hand cream formula than stick with the original. However, this hand cream is quite moisturizing considering the light texture, and leaves hands feels refreshed and moist. I can definitely see this being a summer staple. As for the scent, this is a true lavender essential oil blend. Nothing artificial about it at all. I will repurchase for the warmer weather when my other hand creams are gone.

on 2/12/2014 7:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I love lavender. I love anything French. This was a must-have for me! I really like it. Love the smell. And the packaging (so cute!). It sinks into hands quickly. No greasy film after. Would have preferred for it to be a bit more hydrating--it's useful to have in my purse so I can put it on after washing my hands but it's not very beneficial beyond that. My biggest complaint is that if my hands get anywhere near my eyes, it makes them sting/burn. Wish that didn't happen!! But I will probably still repurchase because I love the product smell and think it is super cute ;).

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Many years ago on a flight to the Mayan riviera I was browsing through those in-flight catalogues and came across l'Occitane Hand Creams. It was a set of three scents, Lavender, Shea, and Verbena. I will be reviewing the shea and verbena as well but lets get started with the Lavender. I am a Lavender junkie! When I see the word Lavender I'm sold, well almost I always read the ingredients and it better be real Lavender oil or bust! So to my MakeupAlley friends please educate yourself on ingredients because that's telling when it comes to what your applying onto your skin. I have been using this hand cream ever since that in-flight purchase many years ago and this hand cream has not disappointed me! Not only is it perfectly moisturizing it never feels sticky or heavy like some hand creams do. It leaves my hands feeling supple, smooth and beautifully scented. Why else do I think this particular hand cream is simply Heaven? Lavender is an essential oil that has many benefits such as it being and antiseptic, aides one who may have insomnia and the list really goes on. L'Occtiane obtains their Lavender flowers from farmers in Haute-Provence so it's really made in France. Quality and worth ever last penny. I never run out of this product because it's that much of a staple in my home.
Simply pure Love.
A must have for any Hand cream diva out there! 10/10!

on 12/7/2013 1:55:00 PM

This is the best hand cream that L'Occitane has. It smells fantastic and moisturizes well. This comes in two sizes- one for the vanity and one for your purse. Good quality cream.

on 11/10/2013 12:21:00 PM

I had it and I really struggled with ending it.

It's not as rich as original, more fluid, it takes longer to sink it, very strong scent and it leaves hands tacky. It leaves them smooth but it's not as moisturising as the original one.

Overall I recommend original version over this one, except if you are really crazy about the scent and moisturising properties aren't the priority.

Popular Lotions / Creams