NYX Professional Makeup Hot Singles - Club Crawl

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

OMG! I've been on a no-buy for months and here is a perfect reason why: I found this, unopened, in my stash last night. I'm an old depotter and I remember buying several NYX matte singles at Ulta a few years ago - it seems I missed this one in the drawer. It looks matte in the closed case but has minute sparkles that show only in direct sunlight. This is SO LOVELY on my dark brown eyes! It is the perfect neutral-but-livelier shade for me; I place it on my lid to the socket, then blend a warm brown or bronzer in the socket adding just a bit of my blusher of the day softly along the edge of that brown (I have tons of space between my lashes and brow). I'd call this a medium lavender-grey or a lavender-taupe . . . a bit lighter than MAC Concrete, more plum and a satin finish. I use a black liner and then smudge it with a very dark grey e/s. I'm currently 61 and I now enjoy a classic makeup look; if you are younger and/or more adventurous, you might find this shade a total bore. But I'm so excited about this find and I believe I finally have a "go-to" eye look, good with any blush & lip shade, and that's something I've been wanting for YEARS. Not only would I repurchase, but I want to buy a backup or two. Gotta go depot this!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a really nice neutral grey with lavender tones. I can only wear cool-toned shadows, anything leaning brown or even taupe doesn't work for me. This has just slight shimmer, enough that it doesn't look too flat, but not glittery at all. It's not heavily pigmented, which I like, because it practically blends itself and gives a nice wash of color. Very easy to use.

on 11/22/2014 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Club crawl is a cool tone gunmetal grey with silver shimmer and slight amount of gold shimmer/glitter.
The website describes it has a taupe with gold shimmer, but its not a taupe what so ever.
I'm disappointed with this eyeshadow. The texture is really dry and chalky, specially compared to the now discontinued square pots. I'm having a really hard time working with this eyeshadow because its so dry.
Also the color doesn't suit my complexion whatsoever. It might work really well on other people, but on me, it makes me look sick somehow.
I was looking for something to replace iced mocha, but this is not it...

I won't repurchase because the color doesn't suit my complexion and the texture is too dry and chalky for my likes.