NYX Professional Makeup Hot Singles - Cupcake

Price: $

Price: $

on 8/27/2018 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I bought Cupcake because I lacked a pink lid shade, and it's fine for that purpose. I'm NW15, and my first reaction was, "That is going to be too peach/warm for me!"

It isn't - when applied, it's a smooth, well-pigmented, quite neutral light pink. I wouldn't mind if it were more of a rose/mauve, but I like it worn as a lid shade with a deeper more true rose shade (like ColourPop's "Brady") in the crease.

on 2/11/2015 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Love this matte, pale pink shadow. I don't experience any fallout with it. I don't use primer; just Clinique 'All About Eyes' gel to moisturize prior to shadow application. Cupcake is a soft, buttery matte and doesn't accentuate any eye lid crepiness you may have. I use it as a base over my entire eye to build my look from there as it's pretty much flesh-toned on me. It brightens my entire eye area. I was looking for a dupe for my HG matte, Tarte 'Palace Of Versaille' shade that came in my LE Christmas kit that i have already hit pan on. I use it every single day. This performs as well at a fraction of the price. I would agree it is also a pretty close dupe for Mac Yogurt, as i also have that one too. Cupcake is a little brighter and pinker than Yogurt. I plan to purchase a few back up pots of Cupcake. I would love to see NYX add a muted, pale dusty-rose to their matte collection.

on 11/22/2014 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

New hot single from NYX. Cupcake is a matte baby pink, very similar to mac yogurt. I would say that cupcake is slightly more pink, but overall, pretty much the same.
Cupcake applies smoothly, is very blendable and perfect for day time looks or used as a base eyeshadow. There is a little bit of fall out, but is not that bad.
This color is very flattering on my complexion and makes my green eyes pop.