REVLON Photoready Airbrush Effect

REVLON Photoready Airbrush Effect

1.6

(Active Ingredient : Octinoxate 4.5, Zinc Oxide 0.1) ---------- Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Dimethicone, Quaternium-90 Bentonite, Phenyl Trimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Propanediol, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Bis-(C12-14 Alkyl PPG-2) Hexamethylenediurea, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Propylene Carbonate, Silica Silylate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Polysilicone-11, Bismuth Oxcyhloride, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Xanthan Gum, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Trisodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol /- (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

on 9/17/2018 6:40:00 AM

The major issue that everyone has with this product is of course the significant amounts of glitter. Take a picture with this stuff on your face... it looks amazing!! I would not recommend using this product ALONE as a daily foundation. I bought this from an online sale - the colour did not match my skin tone (it was way too dark), so i bought a tub of Maybeline's FIT ME foundation in the lightest shade possible - mix the two on the back of my hand... and what an amazing result! It is my go-to look every single day (because of the way less glitter on my face and the smooth feel and complexion these two products give). I also found that if you apply this foundation with your hands instead of a beauty blender or a brush... the glitters are not that bad.

This product would be great if you're headed for a fun night out with the girls, or going on a date.

on 3/7/2018 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I wish I had looked on MUA before I purchased this :( Very unlike me. As others have stated - GLITTER. GLITTER, GLITTER, GLITTER. How did they think that glitter in a foundation was a good idea?? When you first put it on it looks nice. Make my face dewy which I liked. But once it dries completely you are left with thousands of dots of silver glitter all over your face. Can't see it from far away, but up close or at a normal distance from someone, your face looks like a disco ball. I'm glad I didn't pay much for this and was going to sell on, but I honestly don't want to sell this to come poor unsuspecting person that thinks they are going to like this, because I don't know who would!! I'm going to keep this for nights out when I want to look extra flawless and do foundation over my neck/decolletage area as I don't mind looking glittery there. Terrible.

Airbrush in a bottle? More like hell in a bottle.

If you're going for that Edward Cullen look, this is your best bet.

Because Ginormous chunks of silver glitter.

And an oil inducing formula.

If looking like crap and very unnatural is right up your alley, then I would totally recommend :)

Read: Dear Lord don't even bother

on 12/4/2017 6:18:00 AM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

The worst foundation I've ever used. It leaves the skin greasy, evidence enough the pores and if you put another layer, the previous one leaves the skin, leaves the skin with foundation faults. I do not recommend!!!
I'd rather pay more for a quality foundation than this.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I tried really hard to like this product. But I did not. I used it for 2 weeks during which my face looked like a reflective glittery disco ball. After application, it has a slightly tacky feel. Everyone has mentioned the tiny sparkles which took me 3 washes to remove from my foundation brush (and I think there are still some sparkles left). By the end of the day, my face was an oil slick. No where did I notice on the packaging an indication that this was would leave such a shiny finish which is really unfortunate. I had to throw this away. My skin typically gets greasy by the end of the day on its own and this product did not help the situation.

Maybe this would work for someone who has extremely dry, aging skin. One of the positives I can come up with is the packaging. I love a glass pump; it makes application so much easier without having to fumble for q tips and dealing with messy spills. Also I wore this on a beach day and it actually stayed in place after swimming maybe because it's kind of sticky. Finally, somehow, it photographs well. Hence the name I guess photoready. But I want something I look good in in person too.

I usually love Revlon products. Their color range is unbeatable. The foundations usually have a flattering yellow undertone. The nail polish and lipsticks are beautiful timeless colors. I love their Colorstay line and their lip butters. But I could not find their Colorstay foundation in a pump. They really should remove this product from their brand.

on 8/16/2017 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Man this stuff made me look like Jermaine Jackson. My face is so greasy with it. I'm not sure what airbrush they are talking about. It does sparkle but what good is that with oily skin? The coverage is good, will grab any blemish, and the pump is always my fave to prevent breakout activity. I tried two different primers and it was oil city both times :(

Skin: Acne-prone, Deep Dark, Not Sure

The original Revlon photoready was amazing. I loved that foundation.
THEN
They changed the formula to give it an "airbrushed effect" and now it's terrible. Please please please go back to the regular formula.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Neutral

Dear lord, what did I put on my face?! I returned it after 1 use - it's a greasy, very dewy foundation. The texture and color are OK, even for my yellow (olive) skin tones - but it is soooo dewy! It separated on my face very fast. I was oily within an HOUR! I've never seen anything like it! Didn't oxidize too bad so that was good, stayed the same color. I did not notice the "sparkles" that I see a lot of mention of (different formulation maybe)? I am certain this is not a foundation, or entire series, for oily skin. I honestly can't say much else other than it may be good for very, very dry skin. If you have combo or oily skin, nope! Stay away!

If you want a drugstore foundation that might "do it all" - search no further than L'Oreal Infallible 24 Hour Pro Matte foundation. As close as perfection as you will find - it's my new HG! :)

on 1/17/2017 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

I honestly don't think that this is a horrible foundation. To be honest, I've never found a drugstore foundation that I really and truly *love* and would purchase again. Having said that:

The good: the pump and packaging are fabulous; good color match for me; has just enough coverage for my needs, is a bit buildable; looks good overall.

The bad: SPARKLY??? Oh my goodness, I *failed* to notice this until I was in my car, driving. Felt something in my eye, pulled down my visor mirror to check and the sunlight highlighted all of these sparkles on my face. It was like I'd made out with a unicorn! I don't get it, why the sparkles? Is this part of the "Airbrush Effect"? Also, I'm not quite sure how I feel about the way my face feels after application, which is kind of tacky/sticky.