61%
package quality

price range

Reviews

9 months ago

I bought this cleanser while searching for clean skin care. It's a natural product, not tested on animals. I bought a small size and was very happy with it, so I purchased the full size. It foams, if you like foam, and rinses off well. My skin felt just a little tight afterward, which probably means it is a bit drying. The scent is strawberry, but it dissipates quickly. I always use makeup remover, especially for eye makeup, before cleansing my skin so I can't tell whether this product would take off all your makeup. From others' reviews, it appears not. Well, I was happy with this cleanser from when I first purchased it toward the end of summer and all through the fall. But then winter hit. Living in Maine means dry heat indoors and dry cold outside. This cleanser was just too drying for my sensitive winter skin. I put it away to try again when the weather warms up. I said I would repurchase, but I won't know for certain until I try it again in the spring. I think I like the idea of this product more than the product itself.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair

HairRed

EyesBlue

a year ago

I love that this cleanser is available @ bluemercury so it’s easily accessible. I went through the entire bottle and was not impressed with the results. I used it as the second step in my double cleanse. About 3-4 pumps gets everything off. It smells wonderful! I really did enjoy my nighttime routine because of the strawberry scent. However I did not feel like it cleansed well hence the 3-4 pumps. After rinsing it off and running my hands over my face, I felt a thin film residue on my skin. I could not get over that fact so I decided not to repurchase.

About reviewer (38 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Olive, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Medium

EyesBlack

a year ago

I received the Indie Lee Brightening Cleanser in a Beautylish mystery box I purchased- it is a special surprise box they do once a year (and very well worth the money). Initially there were issues with the pump not working and Beautylish sent out a replacement for this ASAP- it was an amazing customer service experience. Onto the Brightening Cleanser- this is a very basic and short formula and has a definite strawberry scent due to the inclusion of strawberry seed extract. The scent is pleasant and disappears once you rinse this off. The Indie Lee Brightening Cleanser leaves skin feeling soft and hydrated- I didn't find this cleanser to be stripping or drying at all. What I found is that the Indie Lee Brightening Cleanser works best for me either in the morning or on days where I don't wear much makeup. I found that this cleanser had some difficulties removing long-wear makeup, tenacious SPF, and waterproof mascara and really required a separate makeup remover before cleansing, or using a toner or a cleansing water afterwards. I will certainly use up my remaining cleanser, but I probably would not purchase this again because of the extra step using a makeup remover with this cleanser. My video review can be seen here: <object onclick="ga('send', {hitType: 'event',eventCategory: 'Ajax Interaction',eventAction: 'PlayVideo',eventLabel: ''});" width="360" height="320"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/vdFt1SN7jfo"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/vdFt1SN7jfo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="360" height="320"></object>

About reviewer (702 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

2 years ago

This is the perfect cleanser for my normal skin .... I find that it leaves my skin clean, soft and is awesome at removing all traces of my makeup (better than my beloved Shu Uemura Brightening Facial Oil.) I sometimes even leave this on as a mask and find my face plump and healthy looking. My daughter used this for a few days and found that this helped clear up her acne which is another added bonus. Wonderful cleanser .... I have my whole family using it. Highly Recommend. Glad that Sephora is carrying this brand.

About reviewer (452 reviews)

Age

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

2 years ago

I regret buying this. It was an unplanned purchase that I jumped on as soon as I saw it being sold at Sephora. I tried it out for a week and found it to be too drying for my skin. The faint strawberry scent was very enjoyable though.

About reviewer (118 reviews)

SkinDry, Other, Neutral

HairOther, Other, Coarse

2 years ago

I found this to be a very basic cleanser and therefore not worth the high price tag. Yes it removes makeup fairly well but that's it, I didn't notice any brightening effects and it didn't leave me skin feeling extra nice or anything either. I don't have many complaints against this nor many praises. It just is not a cleanser I'm willing to spend 30 odd pounds on again, drugstore cleansers will do the same job for a fraction of the price.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Olive, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Fine

3 years ago

I purchased this about a month after purchasing the Rosehip Cleanser. I like this one as well. I tend to want my cleansers to be gentle, non foaming, good ph, non drying. And this fits the bill just fine. It comes in a lovely glass bottle with a pump. One very small pump is all that is needed to get your face cleansed. I tend to use it on its own mostly. If wearing makeup or sunscreen I do a 2 step cleanse. Those times, for no particular reason. I seem to use the Rosehip one as a follow up (or Fresh Soy Cleanser is also my go to cleanser). I don't know why I use this one less; its very effective and doesn't leave my skin feeling stripped or anything. Its a very good cleanser, maybe just because I bought the rosehip one first?! It has a light strawberry fragrance, so it that's an issue...keep that in mind. It can be used as a quick mask as well. I tried that once, worked fine, but as with most masks, I don't see any long term benefit, but immediately after my skin does feel soft and refreshed. It contains anti oxidants etc but I don't give those much weight in a cleanser as they are rinsed off almost immediately after applying. But it is effective and gentle, so for me, its a good buy. I purchased it on sale at Well.ca (for any Canadians trying to find it). I would repurchase when the time comes, but as it is part of my cleanser rotation I don't see that happening quickly as only a very small amount is needed each time. I have been using it for about 3 months and have no issues (but my skin is not sensitive). For those who scrutinize ingredients: Which I don't do :) but I know some care about its contents! Purified Water (Aqua), Decyl Glucoside (Veg. Oils &amp; Sugar), Disodium Coco-Glucoside Citrate, Coco Glucoside (Coconut and Sunflower Oil), Glyceryl Oleate, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein*, Xanthan Gum, Fragaria Chiloensis (Strawberry) Seed Oil, Lycopene (Tomato), 1,3 propanediol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Potassium Sorbate *Note: contains gluten.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair

HairRed

EyesGreen

3 years ago

This product gets EVERYTHING off my face - mascara, makeup, etc. My face is completely clean but not dry, the smell is light and fresh, the slightly gel consistency just right. The perfect cleanser - just wish it were a bit more affordable, but still, it's definitely worth it! Sometimes when I travel I use free samples of other cleansers, but I always regret not having my Indie Lee with me. The difference is so noticeable when I use toner afterwards - there's still lots of makeup left with other cleansers, but never with this product.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive

HairBrunette

3 years ago

Gentle, yet effective, cleanser that does it job without stripping the skin or making it feel taut. Also works quite well with my Clarisonic

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesGreen

3 years ago

I purchased my first bottle of Indie Lee Brightening Cleanser in early December 2016. I paid AU$60 for a 118ml glass bottle with a pump (it's about $10 cheaper if you buy it from overseas websites but I bought mine locally). I have normal skin that's drier in winter and oilier in summer and I still get the odd breakout which drives me bananas. Anyway, this is a lovely gentle non-stripping gel cleanser that smells slightly of strawberries. I use it for an AM cleanse and a second cleanse in the evening (I use TBS Camomile Cleansing Balm as a first PM cleanse). I have read you can leave it on your skin for a bit and it works as a mask but I've not bothered with that as I use acids anyway. I've steered clear of gel cleansers for a long time but this is not drying at all and leaves my skin clean but not stripped. Really like it. It's now nearly April 2017 and the bottle has about 1/4 left. Pretty good value considering I've used it average twice a day for the last four months. I've already repurchased another bottle together with the Rosehip Cleanser (see separate review for that). Update March 2018 - unfortunately this lovely cleanser became a little too drying on me, so I've just taken two lippies off and now probably wouldn't repurchase, however the Rosehip Cleanser is still fantastic and not at all drying - a favourite.

About reviewer (319 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral