CLINIQUE Clarifying Lotion #4

Filtered by skin tone : Dark
CLINIQUE Clarifying Lotion #4

4.1

2011 Reformulaton: Water, Alcohol Denat., Salicylic Acid, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel), Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Trehelose, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA-Copper, BHT, Phenoxyethanol, Benzophenone-4, Green 5

on 3/11/2014 11:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

So far, so good. I've only been using this exfoliant for about a week, but can already tell it's a good product. I went so many years avoiding this particular product because of all the alcohol it contains. Supposedly, alcohol is terrible for the skin, but after using this I'll have to disagree. It doesn't irritate or dry my skin at all! I even had a laser procedure done on my face and was able to use this a few days later with no stinging/burning whatsoever.

The product has a water-like texture and absorbs into the skin quickly. I know others stated that it has a strong scent, but I didn't notice that. It smells like Witch Hazel; not strong or overpowering at all. To use, I invert the bottle once onto a cotton ball and apply in one, even layer across my face. I apply it like one would a chemical peel instead of a toner. I don't do any rubbing or circular motions because it's not really a toner. It's more like a gentle daily BHA chemical peel. I use it every morning and every other night. So far there has been absolutely no irritation or drying, only smoother skin.

It has only been a week and my skin is already much smoother. I use this in morning with my Vitamin C serum and there is no excessive drying. Before, my skin was EXTREMELY oily, but now it's soft and in balance. I no longer have to blot my face during the day and feel more confident when I wear makeup. In fact, I use the entire 3 step system and they work great together. I'm also using the Liquid Facial soap Mild and Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel. I'm so glad I finally tried these products because they truly are wonderful!

It's important to get the appropriate type for your skin. Before using this I tried the Mild Clarifying Lotion because I was afraid to try #4. The Mild Clarifying Lotion did absolutely nothing for my skin! My skin was still oily and it didn't exfoliate at all. I mention this because Clarifying Lotion #4 is ONLY for extremely oily skin. Don't try to use this product if your skin is dry or combination because you won't get the best results. But once you get the right combination, you'll see great results.

This product definitely gets 5 stars because it controls oil and isn't irritating. If you've been afraid to try this product because of a negative "expert" review, don't be. Just give it a shot and I'm sure you'll be pleasantly surprised.

on 10/14/2011 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I absolutely LOVE this toner! I only stopped using it because Tazorac is irritating my skin. It was great at mattifying and was fresh and light. Only drawback: It is heavily perfumed.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

I used this a few years ago and remember spills all the time(I don't like being careful right before bed), burning sensations, and a heavy perfume. Not exactly qualities I look for in a skincare product. I could have looked over it if it WORKED, but it didn't. It just left my skin dry and patchy and stinging. Waste of money.

on 3/15/2010 3:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

you start to deliver fresh dewy skin in just days,,ITS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!

on 12/10/2009 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Forget this as a toner! This stuff is more like a mild chemical peel. Seriously. I don't hate this product, but I don't love it nor would I reach for it on a daily basis. Once is enough for me.
This does get rid of clogged pores, but it dries and peels your skin out something fierce. If you have tolerant skin, don't use other actives or retinoids, then you will love this. But if you use other stuff on your skin this will only aggravate it and cause more harm than good. Use with caution.

on 12/30/2008 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This stuff is amazing! It's VERY strong, and only for those of you with super oily skin. I've been using it twice a day for about six weeks with the 3-step system. It exfoliated and brightened my face over time, fading scars, and killing my acne. It's only getting better and I hope my skin doesn't get used to it.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I've been with Clinique for a few years now - I used #2 Clarifying Lotion in my teens and #3 in my early 20s. Once I hit 25, my skin decided to become the Holy Meeting Grounds of the Chuch of Too Much Oil. Tragic, I know. Completley out of the blue my face started breaking out for the first time since middle school. I tried a bunch of acne remedies with no success, finally going to the Clinique counter and asking for the dreaded blue (#4) toner. Well, within 1 week (that is 7 days of the Gregorian calendar) my skin was clear again. Thank you lawd! I mean, seriously, I'm too old for pimples.

Ok, so here's what's up - do NOT use this if you have dry skin, normal skin or even skin that's sorta oily every third Tuesday. No, for this to not take your face off, YOU MUST HAVE OILY SKIN. Like, your face better look like the Fonze was all up in there. Do you even know who da Fonze is?

At the end of the day, this stuff saved my face. Ignore reviewers who say "this burned my face." Well, duh, its not for dry/normal skin.