Clinique Clarifying Lotion #4

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Clinique Clarifying Lotion #4

4.1

2011 Reformulaton: Water, Alcohol Denat., Salicylic Acid, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel), Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Trehelose, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA-Copper, BHT, Phenoxyethanol, Benzophenone-4, Green 5

on 3/17/2012 12:35:00 AM

I am a huge Clinique advocate, but this stuff really works! It doesn't dry out, irritate, or burn my skin. It always helps to get off the remaining makeup and residue after washing my face. It leaves my face feeling, clean, fresh, and tingly!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I started using this clarifying lotion and fell in love! This toner makes my oily skin stay matte and shine free. I love how it makes my pores disappear. I just love it. Im also using it with a gentle cleanser and the Clinique DD Moisturizing Lotion. However, I wish this had a pump or something other than just an open hole. Its kind of $$ but i got the giant bottle and im thinking it will last me a long time. I think i found a winner.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I originally went in to try the Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel (which I am also pleased with) and ended up purchasing the whole 3-step system. I was actually in the market for a new skincare line and the price was much less than I expected, bonus points for that.

This toner is great stuff. I am extremely oily and I was given lotion #3 (oily skin) with my initial purchase, which I was also happy with. When I ran out I decided to try #4 and I definitely see a difference, however subtle. There is a somewhat strong "clean" scent to it, mostly alcohol smelling, but it is not unpleasant or overbearing. No matter how I exfoliate or cleanse beforehand, I always see a little extra debris on the cottonball after I apply this. It's great at getting rid of extra gunk and leaves your face smooth, soft, and shine free. I cleanse, tone, and moisturize with Clinique twice daily and it does not irritate my skin at all, though I have worked up to this over the last 6 months or so.

The price is, in my opinion, very reasonable. I buy the large (13.5 oz) size and it lasts me a good 8-10 months, even with being used twice daily. A small amount goes a long way. I usually tip the bottle twice onto a cotton ball and that's plenty for my whole face. I currently am very happy with this toner and plan to keep repurchasing indefinitely. No complaints here!

on 11/1/2011 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is the only Clinique product I use, and I've been using it for years. I have STRAYED and tried other toners, but this is the best on the market.

It leaves my skin feeling CLEAN - no residue. I disagree with users who say it's heavily perfumed.

There's nothing else like it for my HUGE pores and tricky "AGING" skin. I've tried products for "AGING" skin, and I found them useless.

I have loved this product since it came to market. I stopped by here to write this testimonial because I strayed, and I will NEVER stray again.

I give this product a 4 because it's pricey, but it's the best toner I have ever used. I have the most oily skin of anyone I know (I mean, within just a couple hours I'm already getting greasy and sticky). I plan to use this #4 toner year round, because my skin is oily even in winter. I would recommend that only people with VERY oily skin use this #4 product, because #3 would be less harsh and more suitable for people with combination or slightly oily skin. If you aren't truly very oily, this may burn and be irritating. This is the only product that actually does what it says, clearing out any leftovers from cleansers and makeup, and it sweeps away flakes and leaves my skin feeling soft. Using it before bed, I like to use the Dramatically Different moisturizer, otherwise I only put it the gel around my eyes and on my cheeks when I'm going to apply makeup. I love that this product also doesn't leave my skin looking shiny afterwards, as some toners/sstringents leave a sheen behind, or take so much out of your skin that it's shiny afterwards. My skin feels clean and refreshed. I still suffer breakouts, but I don't blame products on my acne in general, I blame my genes and skin condition. It's not completely foolproof, after several hours the shine and grease will eventually poke through, but it takes a lot longer than with other products. This is the only toner that actually keeps my oil under control for a decent amount of time.

I've been using this product on and off for years, and I keep coming back to it.

I have oily, acne prone skin that isn't very sensative to chemicals. This does not burn my face at all, and leaves no strange film after it evaporates.

It keeps my acne from getting worse by picking up dirt and oil that my cleanser my have missed. Also, it helps polish away a majority of my skin flakes - especially around healing acne. This makes my makeup go on better.

If you have crappy skin like I do, this may be a part of the answer you're looking for.

on 2/2/2010 2:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I've used Clarifying #4 for many years, as an occasional spot treatment. I like that it doesn't have menthol like #2. Love #3 and #4 and wouldn't be without them.

ugh! its hilarious. i wanted to try all natural products and then i skipped toners, and then i just avoided all alcohol and SLS. but since ive been using this toner my pores have SHRUNK. my skin looks fantastic. no breakouts anymore. nada. and whats hilarious is, when the clinique face wash i use dries me out, the friggin ALCOHOL toner actually HELPS. i was in shock. its like the harshest toner clinique has to offer, and smells like pure alcohol, but its just so ... awesome. the only things that would make it better are a flip top or pump, and if it left my face looking matte and not shiny. but who cares about a shine anyway, its not an oil shine, just a ... clean skin shine? nothing a little spf face powder wont fix.

and this controls some OILIES!! might as well try it, but use a moisturizer afterwards! just in case.

on 6/13/2009 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have oily acne prone skin. I'm suffering from adult acne almost 3 years. I realized my face cleanser (lush- coal face) is not enough to purify my skin and decided to give a chance a toner. I researched the reviews in MUA and i chosed it. I wasn't belived that can help my acne but it really works! I'm using this toner 15-20 min before i wash my face and it makes my skin really matte and oil free.
Everything is going good about this toner except for my hands! Everytime i use this tonic, my palms and fingertips drying like hell, turning white and become ragged! I'm about use this with latex gloves. 5 for facial effect but 3 for my hands and respiratory system (it makes me cough sometimes)

on 1/10/2009 8:06:00 AM

I have used it before I looked at ingredients list when shopping so I really haven't been aware that it doesn't use ANYTHING useful for skin health. It's only alcohol, some moisturizing ingredients and colorants.
This product is soooo agressive, I couldn't use it even few times in a row.
Sorry, Clinique, but with so many researches you still wanna harm people's skin?!?!??!