CLINIQUE Clarifying Lotion #4

Filtered by eye Color : Black
CLINIQUE Clarifying Lotion #4

3.8

2011 Reformulaton: Water, Alcohol Denat., Salicylic Acid, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel), Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Trehelose, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA-Copper, BHT, Phenoxyethanol, Benzophenone-4, Green 5

on 12/22/2017 11:16:00 PM

Clinique is notorious for their toners Bc indeed they are harsh! I'm personally a #4 in their diagnostic type Bc I have a very oily skin type especially on my t zone & my cheeks are oily too !
I was never a big toner person Bc I believe that if you have a decent face cleanser it should clean off all the oil & dirt effectively !
I have bought this #4 toner a good number of times both in the small & vbigger size ! I think 💭 just to get the free bonus gift 🎁
& I never used it twice daily as they instruct Bc it's too harsh for your face ! I do however use it perhaps like weekly @ night as a deeper clean to pick up any residual dirt left over by the face wash & surprisingly it does a good job of that without irritating 😠 my skin or leaving a residue & it leaves my skin feeling fresh! But I think 💭 weekly use is ok but not twice daily! Bc all this alcohol 🍺 can't be possibly healthy for the skin! I also tend to use this toner more so in the summer time when it's really hot& humid & your face is oily & it's not convenient to wash my face! it's good to clean & refresh your face!
I like how another reviewer said Clinique toners are the junk food of the cosmetics industry & she's right in saying so Bc when you look over the ingredients it's basically expensive glorified alcohol 🍺 & witch hazel with some colors I feel the #4 toner is the only one that actually exfoliates Bc it has the salicyclic acid in it
It's a ok toner definitely much better then the crap from the drug store unless you have very oily skin this would be too harsh for your skin! I use it occasionally & it's fine but like now it's winter so I have not been using it
I

on 3/15/2010 3:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

you start to deliver fresh dewy skin in just days,,ITS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have sensitive, acne prone skin. I also have seborrheic dermatitis, but where i live at times it can become super hot and humid, and my face will start to sweat alot during such times. This product works great for exfoliation and taking away shine, however, it is too strong for me to use on a daily basis, so i had to stop using it.

I would only recommend using it if your skin can handle alot, because unfortunately my skin can't.

on 11/19/2008 5:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I use this when I can't afford my Vichy toner. It's pretty awesome... kinda drying though... and my skin is super oily.

on 5/11/2008 7:23:00 AM

BACKROUND: Clinique Clarifying Lotion #1, and #2 never did anything for my acne-prone combo sensitive skin.
Clarifying #3 worked wonderfully for 7 years on my skin, when one day,it seemed ineffective.I thought I had a bad bottle, so I purchased another one, and alas, the #3 lost it's magic touch.

REVIEW FOR CLARIFYING #4
I've been using the #4 for a few weeks, and yay, it's been wonderful in clearing my skin of all it's little bumps, and exfoliating the deeper painful blemishes I get.
It's quite strong, so to avoid excessive peeling or irritation, I alternate it with pure witch hazel.
I use the Clarifying #4 in the PM, and the witch hazel in the AM. (Witch hazel is great at soothing the skin :))
If you are on a Benzoyl peroxide acne regimen, a good salicylic acid toner like this is a must. The salicylic acid preps your skin for the bp by encouraging cell turnover. In a way, it opens your skin up for the bp medication to get into your current blemishes and pores.

Bythe way this product also cleared my chest and back breakouts.

It's a wonderful product and will always be a staple for me.

I wonder if they will eventually come out with a #5? (hee-hee)